ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Championship —Madison 50 Strasburg 39

John Marshall will win every game left by 50 or more points including the championship game.

I think Floyd or Radford can keep it under 50. Either team will hold the ball, slow the game down, and I think both teams can keep it between 40 to 50. Is losing by 46 or 47 any much more of an accomplishment than losing by 51 though? Not really.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Yeah I have seen John Marshall play and they are tall athletic and talented they forced the issue and make you play fast. Good luck.

Reactions: AntGZee
I think Floyd or Radford can keep it under 50. Either team will hold the ball, slow the game down, and I think both teams can keep it between 40 to 50. Is losing by 46 or 47 any much more of an accomplishment than losing by 51 though? Not really.
It will be difficult to hold the ball against JM. They full court press the entire game which makes it hard to slow down.

Reactions: AntGZee
It will be difficult to hold the ball against JM. They full court press the entire game which makes it hard to slow down.
I agree. It will be impossible to hold the ball against JM and it will not be effective, but they will do it effectively enough to keep it within 50.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
Are we talking about trying to hold a team to a 50 point gap....
My oh my.
Someone on another thread said that JM doesn't recruit. Sure, but they recruit inside their AAU program, which turns into young players moving to join JM.
If I am the parent of an elite 6th grader in RVA, would I not send him to play for this coach? AAU and high school? Their system is set for JM to dominate for years and years to come. Just became worse with this season being undefeated and maxpreps rating them #1.
VHSL has to consider looking deeper into the program. They won't, but they should. In the mean time, we will celebrate teams trying to only lose by 49.

Are we talking about trying to hold a team to a 50 point gap....
My oh my.
Someone on another thread said that JM doesn't recruit. Sure, but they recruit inside their AAU program, which turns into young players moving to join JM.
If I am the parent of an elite 6th grader in RVA, would I not send him to play for this coach? AAU and high school? Their system is set for JM to dominate for years and years to come. Just became worse with this season being undefeated and maxpreps rating them #1.
VHSL has to consider looking deeper into the program. They won't, but they should. In the mean time, we will celebrate teams trying to only lose by 49.
you can always send him to Highland Springs or Varina that way he can play FB as well hoops or if you are south of the river Manchester or Bird.

Your point would makes sense if they started traveling and playing national games on state (Tax Payer) money, assuming that is who pays for all the traveling. Would also make sense if any of those teams could compete on a national level.
Keep chalking it up to one of those runs of good players. As long as JM is a public school playing in low ball Virginia, they will dominate for a long time. The precedent has been set. Come to JM and you will get national recognition. Without intervention, JM will win every state championship for the next decade.

Your point would makes sense if they started traveling and playing national games on state (Tax Payer) money, assuming that is who pays for all the traveling. Would also make sense if any of those teams could compete on a national level.
Keep chalking it up to one of those runs of good players. As long as JM is a public school playing in low ball Virginia, they will dominate for a long time. The precedent has been set. Come to JM and you will get national recognition. Without intervention, JM will win every state championship for the next decade.
they will continue to play "lowball" because of their student population. In fact TJ went to Class 3 because they now have students that used to go to JM. So JM will be in Class 2 until somebody at the school board grow some gonads and combine the two schools.

Okay, we already know all of this. I will move on. Just feel for the boys of 2A across the board. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

As long as it's no rules being broken and the school policies say it's legal for kids to transfer from all over the city of Richmond and metro area to jm then oh well that's the way it will be. It's not on the kids .

As long as it's no rules being broken and the school policies say it's legal for kids to transfer from all over the city of Richmond and metro area to jm then oh well that's the way it will be. It's not on the kids .
and
the very same thing happens in football at HS, Varina, Bird and Manchester so don't start no stuff won't be no stuff.

and
the very same thing happens in football at HS, Varina, Bird and Manchester so don't start no stuff won't be no stuff.
Are there AAU football tournaments in the off season at Varina, Bird and Manchester? Do those football teams travel to Florida or Texas to play top level national talent as a public school? You are comparing apples to oranges with that analogy.

II am not complaining at all. I don’t think JM is doing anything that is not allowed by the VHSL. Basketball is just much easier to manipulate than other sports appear to be. JM is just better at using the system than others. Kudos to them!

John Marshall doesn’t recruit. It’s almost weird when Richmond City doesn’t have a team playing basketball this late in the season. Wythe, Marshall, Huguenot and Armstrong are all normally really good. Armstrong plays in the Capital so their record may look a little whonky, but they can play the bigger Henrico teams very competitively.

Are there AAU football tournaments in the off season at Varina, Bird and Manchester? Do those football teams travel to Florida or Texas to play top level national talent as a public school? You are comparing apples to oranges with that analogy.

II am not complaining at all. I don’t think JM is doing anything that is not allowed by the VHSL. Basketball is just much easier to manipulate than other sports appear to be. JM is just better at using the system than others. Kudos to them!
Well, Highland Springs travels regularly to places like WV, and NC. Next year they’re going to South Florida to start the season. I can tell you for a fact Highland Springs have gotten guys from Benedictine, Hermitage, Patrick Henry, Tucker etc. This is the norm for top tier programs, kids want to go to winning environments and get exposure while they’re at it. More power to them, the rich get richer right?

Reactions: MCAthletics
Well, Highland Springs travels regularly to places like WV, and NC. Next year they’re going to South Florida to start the season. I can tell you for a fact Highland Springs have gotten guys from Benedictine, Hermitage, Patrick Henry, Tucker etc. This is the norm for top tier programs, kids want to go to winning environments and get exposure while they’re at it. More power to them, the rich get richer right?
Sure. It’s all legit. I’m not complaining. But you don’t see AAU type football programs playing all off season. Basketball just seems to make it easier to attract and retain stars because of the notoriety those summer programs garner. And if one of those AAU type programs center around a public school, that schools athletic program benefits. Not a bad thing…just a thing. I think Loudoun County allows students there to attend any school in the county as long as they provide transportation if they are outside of the district in which they reside.

And now back to the games at hand…the Madison/Brunswick game is set for Friday at Monticello HS. All tickets have to be purchased online prior to the game.

Where is the JM/Strasburg game to be played?
I'm pretty sure both JM games will be at Huguenot High School

John Marshall doesn’t recruit. It’s almost weird when Richmond City doesn’t have a team playing basketball this late in the season. Wythe, Marshall, Huguenot and Armstrong are all normally really good. Armstrong plays in the Capital so their record may look a little whonky, but they can play the bigger Henrico teams very competitively.
speaking of recruiting the city schools (other than JM) cannot keep a coach in FB or BB because if one shows promise the county schools wave $$$$$$$$$ in front of them and they are gone.

no just North Carolina and West Virginia
and next season Ohio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT