ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Final. East Rock 106. Draft 95

You have to experience SD in person to understand what they do.
I have seen run and gun before in fact that is what Brunswick/TJ/Nottoway play.
SD will have to experience Jayem in person.

SD plays the Grinnell System. I think they have for like 9 years. Its totally different than your regular run and gun. With that said, JM will probably score like 130 on them.

Got to watch it Friday night and it was a wild experience 3DICULOUS is a good moniker for them! I had always wanted to see the system in play and it was fun to watch. With that being said Jayem is another animal

SD's goal is to shoot at least 70 3's in a game. If you like quality basketball, it is awful to watch. They run 3 guys at who ever has the ball. And are ok with giving up lay ups and dunks. And on offense they want a shot in 9 secs or less, anytime they cross half court they are looking to launch.

SD plays the Grinnell System. I think they have for like 9 years. Its totally different than your regular run and gun. With that said, JM will probably score like 130 on them.
I've seen this system implemented before. The team wasn't successful record wise, BUT the games that The System was on it did beat a couple of good teams. Basically they put up as many shots as possible as quick as possible and they subbed every 1-2 minutes. They're defense was full press. So yes different style and if they catch fire on offense coupled with a team's inability to break the press it gets interesting. STILL can't see them beating JM without the perfect storm. Also if game is on a college floor you're talking about more floor space they have to cover to run with JM. The System will be used by every team in 2A if they beat JM lol.

No I believe The System is different from the run and gun you're referring to.

IThe System will be used by every team in 2A if they beat JM lol.
I doubt that would be the case. Seems there is a “generational” team every year. JM is talent laden and the prohibitive favorite this year. But those JM studs will move on and someone else will take their place. I’m just going to appreciate their talent this year and hope the state tourney games are all competitive.

Reactions: aw19752
I've seen this system implemented before. The team wasn't successful record wise, BUT the games that The System was on it did beat a couple of good teams. Basically they put up as many shots as possible as quick as possible and they subbed every 1-2 minutes. They're defense was full press. So yes different style and if they catch fire on offense coupled with a team's inability to break the press it gets interesting. STILL can't see them beating JM without the perfect storm. Also if game is on a college floor you're talking about more floor space they have to cover to run with JM. The System will be used by every team in 2A if they beat JM lol.

from looking at their schedule don't look like they have played on a college floor. the game is going to be at The Arthur Ashe Athletic Center. It takes a quarter to get used to the baskets being suspended in space w/o being attached to a wall.

Last edited:
No I believe The System is different from the run and gun you're referring to.
sounds like when George Mason had Paul Westhead
the theory is to trade 3s for 2s.
He got fired.

from looking at their schedule don't look like they have played on a college floor. the game is goning to be at The Arthur Ashe Athletic Center. It takes a quarter to get used to the baskets being suspended in space w/o being attached to a wall.
Valid things people really don't realize when playing on college floors. What day is the game?

Reactions: Johnny"football"
sounds like when George Mason had Paul Westhead
the theory is to trade 3s for 2s.
He got fired.
Yeah typically used to offset lack of several athletes. But also kid friendly because the teams that sub 1-2 minutes a lot of kids get playing time. Who wouldn't like an offense that it's a bad thing not the jack up 3s every possession?

from looking at their schedule don't look like they have played on a college floor. the game is going to be at The Arthur Ashe Athletic Center. It takes a quarter to get used to the baskets being suspended in space w/o being attached to a wall.
don't apply now
the Ashe Center was already booked for a Regional Robotics Competition hosted by TJHS so the basketball games are now moved to Huguenot High School in South Richmond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT