ADVERTISEMENT

Region B week 2 results

BullRun66

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 25, 2021
Central beat East Rock 40-14 Central got Forbes and the other backs going.

Strasburg lost to Broadway 21-20. Youth showed for the Rams.

Riverheads beat Tazwell 35-7 RH rebounded well after the loss.

Madison County lost to Buckingham 22-7

Clarke County beat KW 34-6 This final shocked me. Clarke might have a big say in the region.

Draft beat Surry 62-21

Buckingham beat Madison 22-7

Luray beat Gap 28-22 great game that Luray pulled out in OT.

Page County lost to Bath County 52-38

Felt more like a 21-10 type game. Score doesn't tell the story. Tazewell inside the Riverheads 25 yd line 6 times only to score 7 points. Riverheads without CCC, but Tazewell without its top 2 players including one of them, the QB. I actually didn't think Riverheads looked that great. The looked good, but not state title good.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Central/East Rock game was closer to than the final suggests. East Rock scored on their first drive and had a chance to make it 14-14 going into the half in the redzone but couldn’t convert. Central got the ball to start the half and went up 21-7 but East Rock cut it back to 21-14 at the end of the 3rd. Central blew it open in the 4th but overall I think East Rock actually played pretty well.

I agree, the big takeaway right now is Clarke. They’ll give Central/Riverheads a big run for their money. Definitely going to want to get that #1 seed and avoid being the 2/3 that play in the region semis.

Buckingham and Madison should not have been as close as it was. Madison didn't lay down though.

Reactions: 19GHS87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT