ADVERTISEMENT

Region C #3 Kettle Run (9-1) vs. #6 Millbrook (7-3)

Who Wins?

• Kettle Run

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Millbrook

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Millbrook is a much better team than earlier in the season with the addition of Savon Smith back at full strength. I believe the pioneers have made some changes at QB and WR to make a good offense even more dynamic in the second half of the season. They can easily blow open a game. I am not to sure about their Defense. Checking previous scores it appears that they have given up some points from time to time. Including 41 to KR earlier in the season.

In my opinion, Kettle Run is the blue collar team for 4c. They play great defense and have a good “4 yard per play” offense. Nothing Flashy, they just tend to grind you down and just win. The combo of QB Chumley and WR Ferguson has been one of the best unknown tandems around in 4A ball. Chumley has a great touch on the football when passing and if needed can scramble to break for a run. Ferguson recently broke the KR receiving TD record this season. By far, The biggest strength for the Cougars is defense. Quick example, this year they have held Sherando and Millbrook to under 50 points combined. The Cougar Front 7 is just really hard to run against. The defense has no big stars, just players that do their jobs well.

This game is one of the better first round games in 4A. The #6 seed upsetting the #3 seed would not surprise me for this game but due to the incoming rain situation, I would have to favor KR over Millbrook in this game. KR defense will just be a bit to much for Millbrook offense overcome in the weather.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT