ADVERTISEMENT

Region C: #5 Dominion (7-3) @ #4 Sherando (8-2)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
With how the math worked out, the two district champions failed to secure a bye in the oddball region of Class 4. After starting the season 2-2, Dominion rolled up an impressive 5-1 finish to win the Dulles District. Following back-to-back three point losses to #2 Liberty and Martinsburg, Sherando went 4-0 in their final four games leading up to the playoffs, which included a dominate win over top ranked Millbrook.

Dominion is averaging 31.1 points per game, and gives up 18.8 points per game.
Sherando is averaging 46.7 points per game, and gives up 16.6 points per game.

Both teams are hot at the right time of the year. The winner will advance to face Millbrook.

Who you got?

With how the math worked out, the two district champions failed to secure a bye in the oddball region of Class 4. After starting the season 2-2, Dominion rolled up an impressive 5-1 finish to win the Dulles District. Following back-to-back three point losses to #2 Liberty and Martinsburg, Sherando went 4-0 in their final four games leading up to the playoffs, which included a dominate win over top ranked Millbrook.

Dominion is averaging 31.1 points per game, and gives up 18.8 points per game.
Sherando is averaging 46.7 points per game, and gives up 16.6 points per game.

Both teams are hot at the right time of the year. The winner will advance to face Millbrook.

Who you got?
Sherando's defense will dominate Dominion. Dominion has some playmakers but their O-Line has nothing for Sherando.

Reactions: Shruikan
Sherando's defense will dominate Dominion. Dominion has some playmakers but their O-Line has nothing for Sherando.
Dominion lost their starting qb and that makes them fairly one dimensional. Back-up qb is good athlete they moved from WR. They play a lot of players both ways and Sherando will control LOS and wear them out. Sherando big by 3 or 4 tds. It was down year in Loudoun County 4a football.

If they're able to pull out the win, I'll look forward to the rematch with your Pioneers. It was a great atmosphere last Friday.

Reactions: Pioneer101
Dominion lost their starting qb and that makes them fairly one dimensional. Back-up qb is good athlete they moved from WR. They play a lot of players both ways and Sherando will control LOS and wear them out. Sherando big by 3 or 4 tds. It was down year in Loudoun County 4a football.
when you say one dimensional , does that mean you believe they will more focused on trying to run the ball against Sherando?

If they're able to pull out the win, I'll look forward to the rematch with your Pioneers. It was a great atmosphere last Friday.
I will agree with that. One thing I noticed was that Savon Smith looked tired in the 2nd quarter. Millbrook has him playing both ways and on special teams. WHY??? I don't remember him utilized that way last year when he ran over and around everybody. Sherando bent, but they didn't break. I see them beating Dominion and having a rematch against Millbrook.

I will agree with that. One thing I noticed was that Savon Smith looked tired in the 2nd quarter. Millbrook has him playing both ways and on special teams. WHY??? I don't remember him utilized that way last year when he ran over and around everybody. Sherando bent, but they didn't break. I see them beating Dominion and having a rematch against Millbrook.

It might be a depth issue. IF Sherando can beat Dominion, I think Millbrook will fare better against them than they did last Friday. I'm not sure what the statistics are on rematches, but I don't think it'll hurt them to get to play Sherando back-to-back with a bye week in between. They also had a bye a couple weeks ago, so they should be as rested as it gets. A resting week to prepare against a team you just played has a lot of advantages, so I expect it'll be a closer game if it happens.

when you say one dimensional , does that mean you believe they will more focused on trying to run the ball against Sherando?
Yes, they always have been run oriented (double wing historically) and look to hit deep shots as the opponent's safeties lose discipline and fly up to support run. You will see lots of speed sweeps and counters off it. When they pass, bubbles and tunnel screens as the replacement QB (#4 - soph) is more wildcat type athlete playing QB. #10 is there big play threat out wide.

Reactions: Shruikan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT