ADVERTISEMENT

Region D #3 Salem (7-3) vs. #6 Jefferson Forest (7-3)

Who Wins?

• Salem

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • Jefferson Forest

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
What? I think they are both good teams, giving the home team the win, what’s wrong with that

Salem brought up several JV players from the undefeated JV team. I think that could be the x factor.

Salem does not usually get into a shootout. Ball control and a good defense usually prevents this. Salem front seven as good as anyone JF has played. There is talent in the secondary but very young, three sophomores and a freshman.

In Salems three losses they gave up 27 to Dinwiddie, 35 Northside, 24 Blacksburg
Offensively Salem scored 20 vs Dinwiddie, 27 against Northside, 21 against Blacksburg.

Reactions: VolNation85
The numbers are definitely on the side of Salem. In regards to points for and points allowed

Salem brought up several JV players from the undefeated JV team. I think that could be the x factor.
I'd be surprised at that. Coach at Salem is top-notch. I would think if any current JV players were better than any varsity starters he would have already had them in there. Maybe not.

21-14 don’t impress me
He said Salem GW game from last year, the score was 42-13.

I guess you were talking about Salem Pulaski game from last week, where the score was actually 21-10.

What would worry me is GW only beating Halifax 15 to 6 and that was with a Pick 6 at the end of the game.

I'd be surprised at that. Coach at Salem is top-notch. I would think if any current JV players were better than any varsity starters he would have already had them in there. Maybe not.
This is true... not sure why that keeps getting posted.

He said Salem GW game from last year, the score was 42-13.

I guess you were talking about Salem Pulaski game from last week, where the score was actually 21-10.

What would worry me is GW only beating Halifax 15 to 6 and that was with a Pick 6 at the end of the game.
I was referring to BB 21 Pulaski 14
Because you live in that area and think that you guys have the best teams in the state every year is not correct! Yes Salem did demolish GW last year! Which the statement was made that this game would be like that and I have a different opinion and that JF has a better team! You seem to only want to respond when I say things on here! I get it! I know what I said about Salem in the beginning of the season out in the 1st Rd! Just my opinion.

I was referring to BB 21 Pulaski 14
Because you live in that area and think that you guys have the best teams in the state every year is not correct! Yes Salem did demolish GW last year! Which the statement was made that this game would be like that and I have a different opinion and that JF has a better team! You seem to only want to respond when I say things on here! I get it! I know what I said about Salem in the beginning of the season out in the 1st Rd! Just my opinion.
You are welcome to your opinion I just didn't know what score you were referring to. I respond to a lot of people I have thousands of posts they aren't all towards you. Good luck on Friday.

Sure, I mostly just meant in the spread between the two. I haven’t done the math I’m just assuming Salem has a higher spread on PF vs PA.
Poor wording on my end with that first post
Absolutely!

The JF /Salem game will be decided by the two defenses. That's right the defenses. Can the young Salem secondary come up and help stop the run and at the same time react to play action and cover? Can JF even begin to stop Salem's power running game? They must put Salem in third and five or more situations. Turnovers and penalties will be huge. If Salem is able to hit a few play action passes that will loosen up the JF defense which will have 8 or 9 in the box. Salem wants to play this game in a phone booth. JF wants to gash Salem with big plays. Should be good game

The only positive I see out of it is that so far this season JF has struggled big time defensively against the spread - even if it is largely a running offense. They’ve done much better defensively against power running/pro style offenses. Still, not the caliber of Salem.

The only positive I see out of it is that so far this season JF has struggled big time defensively against the spread - even if it is largely a running offense. They’ve done much better defensively against power running/pro style offenses. Still, not the caliber of Salem.
If that is the case don’t be surprised to see It Friday.

Reactions: mike salem
Salem will only go spread if it third and long or needed at end of half or game. More likely to see double tight

But it’s part of the offense and can be used if needed.
It hasn’t been effective at all this year. This is the least I have seen them use it since coach White was coaching.

What? I think they are both good teams, giving the home team the win, what’s wrong with that
If u meant that only in a competitive fashion then my bad ......i thought u were saying something about refs or something so many people say neagtive things about salem

If u meant that only in a competitive fashion then my bad ......i thought u were saying something about refs or something so many people say neagtive things about salem
That’s just how it goes when you’re traditionally the powerhouse, there will always be haters.

Reactions: Salem wood
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT