ADVERTISEMENT

Region question

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Since I am not nearly as familiar with 4a (I follow, but don't have a team in it), can someone explain something to me?

In 2a, where my team is from, all the teams in the district in same classification are in the same region. So for the Shenandoah district, all the 2a teams are in Region B, and the two 1a schools are in 1a Region B. I think the same is the case for Bull Run (the other team in 2a Region B. So my question is, how are 2 schools who are close to each other and in same district (Louisa and Charlottesville) in different regions? Doesn't make sense to me

Since I am not nearly as familiar with 4a (I follow, but don't have a team in it), can someone explain something to me?

In 2a, where my team is from, all the teams in the district in same classification are in the same region. So for the Shenandoah district, all the 2a teams are in Region B, and the two 1a schools are in 1a Region B. I think the same is the case for Bull Run (the other team in 2a Region B. So my question is, how are 2 schools who are close to each other and in same district (Louisa and Charlottesville) in different regions? Doesn't make sense to me
I was wondering the same thing.

When they did the realignment a few years ago they had Eastern View in the “west” in place of Charlottesville playing all those teams from Lynchburg to Danville. Charlottesville was slated in the “East” where EV is now. They agreed to swap for travel purposes and the vhsl agreed to it. I agree it makes sense to have Louisa and EV in the “west” for playoffs etc. EV is surrounded by all the fauquier schools who are all in the west. I assume it’s a numbers game to ensure enough teams are in 4B region. Powhatan is also in the Jefferson district and is with Louisa in the East. Powhatan would make geographical sense to be in a Richmond district.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT