ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Finals

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Region A
(2) King William at (1) Thomas Jefferson (at Huguenot)
Region B
(6) East Rockingham at (1) Stuarts Draft
Region C
(3) Gretna at (1) Appomattox
Region D
(4) Central Wise at (3) Graham

Who ya got?

Region A
(2) King William at (1) Thomas Jefferson (at Huguenot)
Region B
(6) East Rockingham at (1) Stuarts Draft
Region C
(3) Gretna at (1) Appomattox
Region D
(4) Central Wise at (3) Graham

Who ya got?
TJ (homies)
East Rock (for selfish reasons)
Gretna (want a rematch)
Graham (just because)

TJ (playing really well)
East Rock (have found their identity)
Appomattox (2nd best team in the state as of today)
Graham (size the rings fellas because this bunch has caught fire)

Reactions: obguthr
@Gunz41, I hope SD wins out but I think ER has found their rhythm. I look for a pretty good game that could go either way despite the Eagles record.

If ER were in another region or classification I would be right with you, but certainly not going to pick against my team.

I look for a close game with a familiar foe

KW(These kids are extremely talented and have flown under the radar. A lot of young kids in key roles. Peaking.)
East Rock (Mostly because I want KW to "host" a state semifinal game
Appomattox (Just love their program)
Graham (Champs until proven otherwise)

Reactions: Stabler1980
KW(These kids are extremely talented and have flown under the radar. A lot of young kids in key roles. Peaking.)
East Rock (Mostly because I want KW to "host" a state semifinal game
Appomattox (Just love their program)
Graham (Champs until proven otherwise)

Would KW not host at home?

King William
Stuart's Draft
Appomattox
Graham

All but Graham are educated guesses. I really don't know much about the other regions but what I read on this message board.

CalPreps has the following:
TJ 35-28
SD 31-21
Appomattox 27-26
Graham 35-21

Last edited:
Would KW not host at home?
Yes they would. I got confused for a second and thought that the host team could only host at a stadium in their area. I'm not sure why I thought that. No, KW has a great stadium with more than enough seating. Their away bleachers are bigger than some schools home bleachers. KW would only host though, if they win of course and East Rock.

Yes they would. I got confused for a second and thought that the host team could only host at a stadium in their area. I'm not sure why I thought that. No, KW has a great stadium with more than enough seating. Their away bleachers are bigger than some schools home bleachers. KW would only host though, if they win of course and East Rock.

Yea. I thought maybe they were like a few other areas that can't host for a myriad of reasons. We played at KW not that many years ago. I really enjoyed it

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I want to agree, but two games stick out: Teejay's hard fought win against a very good Gretna team and KW's head scratching loss to mediocre 1A Washington & Lee
That KW loss to W&L was back in September, over 2 months ago. W&L had an average record, but also played the hardest 1A schedule out there. KW also gave 1A power Essex its only loss. Plus KW has an extremely young team, but they are playing their best football at the right time. I expect it to be a good game tonight, as TJ is definitely no slouch. Both teams have weapons all over the field. It will come down to which team makes the fewest mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT