ADVERTISEMENT

respect for Champe now...?

I don't think anyone has disrespected them. There just hasn't been much talk about them either way. Guess we'll be hearing some this week!
guess 4a is gonna get reintroduced to loudoun county football, I know it's been awhile but all things that go around...

Co-sign. With the exception of week one against Woodgrove, they've pretty much beaten teams who they were expected to beat.

Definitely a very solid win against GW-Danville, but beating Salem earns much more respect.
no doubt about that, but if that is the standard (beating salem), no one in the west really owns that. Just saying that Champe earned a place at the table.

no doubt about that, but if that is the standard (beating salem), no one in the west really owns that. Just saying that Champe earned a place at the table.

Totally agree and I wouldn't say that anyone in the West, other than Salem, is more respected than Champe right now with the possible exception of JF who earned a lot last season.

Totally agree and I wouldn't say that anyone in the West, other than Salem, is more respected than Champe right now with the possible exception of JF who earned a lot last season.
I agree, those that remain have an uphill battle... do you think this playoff gauntlet will influence the outcome of the post season.... or at this point is it just survive and advance, I don't think there is a more interesting bracket than 4a....Maybe 2a

Reactions: VolNation85
I agree, those that remain have an uphill battle... do you think this playoff gauntlet will influence the outcome of the post season.... or at this point is it just survive and advance, I don't think there is a more interesting bracket than 4a....Maybe 2a

In order of interest, I would rank them 5, 2, 4, 3, 6, and 1.

Reactions: one man
From what I know I would say 5a is the toughest division this season.
top to bottom i would agree...probably toughest overall (matt g. would certainly agree), but looking at the brackets I just keep going back to how interesting 4a is.... both east and west, and while i still think the east is probably better I still view it as the most competitive classification in the state.

Turf at Champe. Skyline had to play what was supposed to be a home game at Champe because of that rainy week. Of course, it was so sparsely attended that it may have broken even after paying refs and other staff.

Turf at Champe. Skyline had to play what was supposed to be a home game at Champe because of that rainy week. Of course, it was so sparsely attended that it may have broken even after paying refs and other staff.
Thanks schoolboard, should be an interesting matchup. I don't even know what kind of offense they run. Must have a pretty good defense to hold GW to 13, pretty impressive. I don't know how good this year's GW team would have compared to last year's team, but they haven't had much trouble scoring this year except for Vance NC & then with Champe tonight. Their schedule was pretty weak so it was hard to know what GW had this year. They had a good game with Magna Vista as usual, but not much else.

Salem's schedule was pretty weak this year because the district they're in was exceptionally weak. Hopefully they will be ready for the matchup. I would feel a lot better if the game was at home, but winning on the road against a quality opponent is what good teams are supposed to be able to do. Looking forward to it, wish I didn't have to listen to it on the radio.

I suspect they will host Salem on Saturday considering the holiday week and long travel

No way can champe beat Salem , they beat GW, not arguing that but GW pushed them around, if anyone here has access to the game film check it out yourself

@mike salem Champe will not beat Salem
They used alot trick plays to try to stay in the game! Their QB is their best weapon! He is very slippery. The penalties killed GW that's why the score was so low. Everytime GW got a big play they threw a flag. They ejected our WR for absolutely no reason without an explanation. Before last night the fans at Champe had never heard of Salem lol! GW was a least 2 TDS better than this team. Salem will win easily!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT