ADVERTISEMENT

Reverse poll.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
We always go around and around about the top teams. Let's try something different. Let's keep it respectfull and just classify your picks as "teams that still have some work to do", before they can break into the playoff picture.

Let's do 4a West first. There are 28 teams in the new alignment in the west region. 16 will make the playoffs. That leaves 12 that will "still have work to do". Please add respectful comments. No coach bashing, please. Nobody really wants to read that, and Rod will pull the plug in a heartbeat if it gets personal.

Here is a tip. Go to the VHSL web site. Click on "classifications". Select "2015-2017 alignment" which is the bottom selection in the drop down menu. Then select the first choice, which is Adopted Conference Alignment Plan. This allows you to see all teams in one column, on one page.

Which 12 do you think will need to work harder?

DP

Last edited:
Amherst. (Sorry Wikki)
Fauquier
Byrd
Loudoun County
Harrisonburg
Parkview
Fleming
Millbrook
Bassett
Handley
Carrol County
Rock Ridge

Last edited:
Fleming should be a top 8 seed in 2015.
They usually have good athletes there. Coach Martin inherited a program with low participation and a poor weight program. He has rebuilt everything and the Colonels should be tough.

I had the pleasure of meeting Coach Martin at the Championship games in Lynchburg last year. It didn't take long to understand that he possess that "something special" that you love to see in youth leaders. Win or lose, his players will be better people for having him in their lives.

I downgraded Fleming because of the reported loss of several strong atheletes to transfers. And his first year status. I hope for him that I'm wrong. I don't think I will buy into a top 8 seed, but I will concede that making the playoffs is not a stretch. But one victory can mean the difference in watching or playing after 10 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT