ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands @ Marion thoughts?

lovethisgame78

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 28, 2012
Ive seen very little film on Marion but from what ive seen they like to throw the ball to #2 a lot. He looks pretty quick. How is Marion's running game and defense? I believe Richlands has the potential to win this if they start playing defense like they were mid season. Not sure what happened to them.

I think if Richlands can stop the run early and not turn over the ball they will have a good chance to put this one away. If they let Marion constantly move the sticks and play sloppy ball, Marion wins by 2 scores. (Go Big Blue)

I'm a Union fan and I can honestly say Marion was the best all around team we saw this year. And we played Richlands, GC and Lee. The Wagner kid at RB is a beast! We really had no answer for his strength running the football. Marion is a big, physical team and I think they have a chance to advance.

Many folks overlooked Marion after the loss to Northwood...

Marion played shorthanded due to suspensions, combine that with Northwood playing their best game of the season and you get a huge upset.

Since that game in Saltville the team got their players back and started becoming the team that many thought they would be this year ending the regular season with a great come back win at Abingdon.

The team has rallied around their senior RB Wagner who lost his father in the football stadium parking lot last February.

Marion has a balanced offense, solid defense and play good special teams.

Richlands is Richlands and I expect a great game between these old rivals on Friday night in Marion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT