ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region 4A Playoff Picture

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Changing it up once more this week. In the two previous weeks I gave you brackets, I gave you remaining schedules and projected finishes. This week I dared to compare where we are in year three of the new alignment and playoffs with the old system.

The Richmond Region currently has three teams that would be in the playoffs. That would not be the case in the old system, only two would be in.

Hanover currently would be the two seed hosting #7 Louisa. In the old system, still in Division 5 they would still be a #2 seed but they would be hosting #3 Lee-Davis in the playoffs. Ironically enough the two play this Friday in their regular season meeting. The winner of said game would have to face the winner of #4 Monacan-#1 Hermitage. That's right folks, using the ADM numbers they use to divide classes and once divisions, Hermitage would be a Division 5 school.

Monacan currently a three seed would host #6 Dinwiddie but if we were in the old system, Monacan would be on the road as a #4 seed headed to Hermitage!

Dinwiddie? They wouldn't even be in the playoffs, they would be two spots out in the #6 spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT