ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region Coverage

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
Excited to announce the addition of Bryon Jones @BJONESVAPREPS to the VirginiaPreps brand. Bryon comes to us from Recruit804 where he did exceptional work and having gotten to know him the last few seasons along the sidelines of games, he is an even better person. He and I will lockdown the Richmond Region coverage which in Class 2A will include John Marshall and Thomas Jefferson.

Previews on the coming season on the way...

Instead of having to post this several times wouldn't it be better to have one thread just for generic things that cross over all classes? For instance when the VHSL makes announcements or releases schedules. Eligibility issues. ETC. Just a thought.

Excited to announce the addition of Bryon Jones @BJONESVAPREPS to the VirginiaPreps brand. Bryon comes to us from Recruit804 where he did exceptional work and having gotten to know him the last few seasons along the sidelines of games, he is an even better person. He and I will lockdown the Richmond Region coverage which in Class 2A will include John Marshall and Thomas Jefferson.

Previews on the coming season on the way...

What about King William? They're classified under the Richmond area.

Instead of having to post this several times wouldn't it be better to have one thread just for generic things that cross over all classes? For instance when the VHSL makes announcements or releases schedules. Eligibility issues. ETC. Just a thought.
I am hoping this will be first of many posts that are NOT generic but personal and individual!

Our footprint is the old Central Region or Capital, Central, Colonial and Dominion Districts.
This area never gets much love from the Richmond area anyways. Luckily for us, we do have the Rappahannock Times newspaper out of Tappahannock that does just a good of a job covering high school sports as anyone

This area never gets much love from the Richmond area anyways. Luckily for us, we do have the Rappahannock Times newspaper out of Tappahannock that does just a good of a job covering high school sports as anyone
It's not personal, at least from myself and the folks at VirginiaPreps. For me it is how far can you stretch and what you know? Since 2013 I have been covering 34 schools in the Richmond area... that's a ton for one person. This is the first year I will have help and going forward if we find out that we can spread our wings and branch out to the schools on the outer fringes like a King William and Goochland we will do so.

I know VirginiaPreps tries to assign schools geographically and King William is just on the outer edge of Richmond. That said, as a member of the Touchdown Club of Richmond I can tell you King William is not forgotten as they are discussed as much as the schools in the immediate Richmond area.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
It's not personal, at least from myself and the folks at VirginiaPreps. For me it is how far can you stretch and what you know? Since 2013 I have been covering 34 schools in the Richmond area... that's a ton for one person. This is the first year I will have help and going forward if we find out that we can spread our wings and branch out to the schools on the outer fringes like a King William and Goochland we will do so.

I know VirginiaPreps tries to assign schools geographically and King William is just on the outer edge of Richmond. That said, as a member of the Touchdown Club of Richmond I can tell you King William is not forgotten as they are discussed as much as the schools in the immediate Richmond area.
Well if you ever need any help with KW coverage, by all means let me know. I don't mind helping out if I can. I actually used to write for Preps back around 07-08 when Robert Blakey ran Preps

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Well if you ever need any help with KW coverage, by all means let me know. I don't mind helping out if I can. I actually used to write for Preps back around 07-08 when Robert Blakey ran Preps
Nice! I know Zirkle, back before I became a staff writer I was free-lancing covering Varina and Hanover games.

I would reach out to Matt Hatfield, maybe something can be worked out there where you report on the KW Cavaliers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT