ADVERTISEMENT

River Ridge District

How can Christiansburg have such a dominating wrestling team , with all the weight lifting and fall from the football graces so far.... I remember a few years ago christiansburg had a good year in football..... please , somebody enlighten me.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
How can Christiansburg have such a dominating wrestling team , with all the weight lifting and fall from the football graces so far.... I remember a few years ago christiansburg had a good year in football..... please , somebody enlighten me.
Ham, C-burg had some very good players. Motley (QB) and Snell (RB) went on to play for VT, Kam Johnson was a good football player (WR/RB/CB) and Joey Augustine who spent most of the year on the 49ers practice squad! They almost beat Briar Woods who was loaded that year! Teams like those 2010 and 2011 C-burg teams don’t come around often.

Well BW was a 5A team for a couple of years, that was before the VHSL caught up to enrollments on a yearly basis ... sherando will be close next cycle , Frederick county Virginia board of supervisors is a bunch of loser ps when it comes to overcrowding at schools... thanks for the info

Don't know what's wrong at c burg. Salem could have scored 100 if they wanted to the last two years

Looks like the wildcard is Blacksburg. What will their offensive line look like this year? They were loaded last year on the lines, and looks like most of them will graduate this year.
You are correct about both the Oline and Dline. They will have a dominant QB and some very good skill players. Hoping the kids are in the weight room developing, if not it could get really interesting in the trenches.

Reactions: lyhsports
Well BW was a 5A team for a couple of years, that was before the VHSL caught up to enrollments on a yearly basis ... sherando will be close next cycle , Frederick county Virginia board of supervisors is a bunch of loser ps when it comes to overcrowding at schools... thanks for the info
Exactly. Christiansburg had BW beat that year but BW was just too talented to lose. Blew the snot out of Heritage the next year.

You would be surprised the wrestling team and football team don't share athletes. I would think kids there grow up wanting to wrestle for Cburg, not sure it is the same for football.

Since they are so good in wrestling it is the top dog for that school like where most schools would want their football teams. Their wrestlers are wrestle focused only and don't play football like a lot of schools would. The 09, 10, & 11 squads had exceptional talent as well like Blacksburg the last couple of years.

It's not so much I'm super high on PH it's that Pulaski has 19 Seniors to replace next year and I don't think Blacksburg's recent success continues under their new coach.
Pulaski will only miss about 4 of the 19 they lost and they have better crop of players moving up from JV who were very successful. Top spot SHOULD come down to Salem and Pulaski.

Salem jv 14-Blacksburg 12
Salem jv 20- Pulaski 14

Looks like there's improvement but still a stretch to think Pulaski moves ahead of Blacksburg this year.

Who won Pulaski . Blacksburg jvgame?

Salem jv 14-Blacksburg 12
Salem jv 20- Pulaski 14

Looks like there's improvement but still a stretch to think Pulaski moves ahead of Blacksburg this year.

Who won Pulaski . Blacksburg jvgame?
Idk SBU. 53-28 Blacksburg this past year. Salem beat the heck outta Blacksburg in 2016 and we know what happened this past year. Not saying the Dublin boys will make a deep playoff run but it won’t be a surprise if they were to beat Blacksburg or give Salem a game. Blacksburg returns 2 very very good players in Terry and Johnston BUT Cole Beck is gonna be a huge loss. Beck is to the Blacksburg program as David Wilson was to the GW program.

Idk SBU. 53-28 Blacksburg this past year. Salem beat the heck outta Blacksburg in 2016 and we know what happened this past year. Not saying the Dublin boys will make a deep playoff run but it won’t be a surprise if they were to beat Blacksburg or give Salem a game. Blacksburg returns 2 very very good players in Terry and Johnston BUT Cole Beck is gonna be a huge loss. Beck is to the Blacksburg program as David Wilson was to the GW program.
Bburg loses 11 seniors, 6-7 of which were starters and going to play D2 and up college ball. Gonna miss a lot more than Cole. Plus a coaching change? IF Pulaski finds a running game, they will be a handful for the RRD.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Bburg loses 11 seniors, 6-7 of which were starters and going to play D2 and up college ball. Gonna miss a lot more than Cole. Plus a coaching change? IF Pulaski finds a running game, they will be a handful for the RRD.
True that. Can’t deny that Beck was one of the best RBs in the state though and they’ll miss him greatly. Backs like that don’t come around like that often. David Wilson 2.0.

I heard the QB from Pulaski that transferred in last year from Arizona is transferring again to LCA...is this true?

I believe the loss of #65 on their D-line is almost a big of a loss as losing Beck.

Reactions: lyhsports
I heard the QB from Pulaski that transferred in last year from Arizona is transferring again to LCA...is this true?

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kade Akers transfers to LCA. Not sure if it’s true. His cousin Carrington Mosley played running back at William Campbell, then transferred to LCA, so it runs in the family. If it’s true, LCA becomes a big player in the Seminole.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kade Akers transfers to LCA. Not sure if it’s true. His cousin Carrington Mosley played running back at William Campbell, then transferred to LCA, so it runs in the family. If it’s true, LCA becomes a big player in the Seminole.
I’ve heard he may transfer to LCA or Heritage. Pulaski will be fine without him. They will be more balanced this year with a running and passing game.

I’ve heard he may transfer to LCA or Heritage. Pulaski will be fine without him. They will be more balanced this year with a running and passing game.

Might be another quarterback. I have no idea like everyone else. Heritage wouldn’t make any sense Because Blake is there and they are both seniors. Glass will most definitely take him lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT