may22

VaPreps Rookie
Mar 2, 2005
Predictions?
who lost what?
who's returning?

I believe Blacksburg got a new coach, any others

My opinions/guesses are as follows:

HV - Has the most talent in RRD and tons of height. Got a 6'2" transfer from Florida who is a setter so that fills a big hole for them. Lost two best hitters from last season (Ringer & Klostermann) but has plenty of young talent to fill the gaps.

CS - Lost 4 starters but also has tons of young talent. All-state junior OH Morgan Shannon returns as does junior OH Lauren Sledd. CS also gets junior setter Shannon Craighead back from injury. Not a lot of height but CS never does... should battle for top spot in RRD as always.

BB - Plenty of talent and a new coach. Will be interesting to see if they can fight their way into the battle for RRD title. Need consistency and ball control to compete at that level and that could be a challenge with lots of potential starters being young/inexperienced.

Salem - Should continue to improve depsite losing best player from last year (MB Emily Richardson). Has a couple of good setters and some nice young hitters too. Coach Martinez will have them ready to play every night. Likely still a year or two away from competing for RRD title but they could certainly surprise this year too.

CB - Has a few good players (Emily Quesinberry and a setter whose name I can't remember) but probably not enough overall talent to compete in RRD.

PC - Has a few solid players but not enough overall talent to compete in RRD.

In summary, it sounds a lot like last year but all of the above are nothing more than educated guesses. It will all be decided on the court soon enough. Good Luck to everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT