ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads -- Altavista

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
When I saw these two teams ended up in the same "conference" I foresaw lots of matchups because of their talent and history across girls and boys sports.....

Already happended in Volleyball multiple times
going to happen in football.....

Wouldn't be shocked to see it happen 2-3 more times before June in other sports.

This should be a toss up , with half the team either hurt , sick or suspended . Who know what will happen .

Didn't really look at the name to be honest with you but since you pointed it out I get it...

As they once told us in Porky's (and yes, I am THAT old!) I wonder which team Mike Hunt plays for! And if you can't figure that one out, I won't be able to explain it, since this is a family forum!!!!!

Just trying to make informed decisions about this weeks picks, but I guess I missed that it was comedy week on Preps!

It should be comedy week every week. If you can't have fun in this crazy world, how do you get by?

I won't deny that. I would have MUCH rather gone to a game last week than stayed at home and watched UVa whipping Morgan State. Especially after we saw what then happened to them on Monday!

Even though Riverheads is the favorite, I hope Altavista pulls it out and Essex has a chance for some revenge. A lot has to happen before that game and I know its wishful thinking.

Yeah I know all about porkys and the mike hunt bit. My ....
Was at the dmv n pulaski one day...Oman behind counter asked the guy his name...he said it was Mike hunt.....I laughed...guy asked me if something was funny...he was about 6'6 275....I said no...cause he didn't think it was funny at all...so Mike hunt lives in pulaski and he's a biggen

Reactions: bravesfan7327
Riverheads 44 Altavista 21 Altavista can't stop the run . WC rolled up about 500 yards on them and Riverheads runs the same offense just about .

Was at the dmv n pulaski one day...Oman behind counter asked the guy his name...he said it was Mike hunt.....I laughed...guy asked me if something was funny...he was about 6'6 275....I said no...cause he didn't think it was funny at all...so Mike hunt lives in pulaski and he's a biggen
Funny!!!!

Our local paper, as many of them do, predicts scores of games, or at least who the winners will be. There is a panel of 8 of them. Well in today's edition, six of the eight are going with Riverheads for the win. I am sure some of that is based on Altavista being the defending state champs and of course on their big win last week. They might also be thinking that the bye week might make RHS rusty. There could be other reasons as well why two of them think a number 10 seed should upset a number 2.

But even more surprising to me were the predictions in the other two local games on the 2-A level. East Rock is going to R E Lee and Stuarts Draft to Buffalo Gap. For those of us who know these four teams, those games should be quite competitive and in either case, could actually be a real toss-up. Yet in both cases, the paper went 7-1 in favor of the higher seeded teams, Lee and Gap. It will be interesting to see just which games are in fact close and which ones go with the seeds.

I will be glad to get back to Friday night lights . Week off feels like a month ! Just hope it a good game with no injuries . GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!

OK GUYS, back to the game we all love, I got Riverheads to win the whole thing, and I won't change my mind, even if our grandmons are playing !
Riverheads is to strong for anyone at this point of the playoffs, seed or no seed. Altavista has a lot of post season success, but the buck stops here. That is my story, and I am stickin' to it! Riverheads by 7. Good luck,My Friends!

Even though Riverheads is the favorite, I hope Altavista pulls it out and Essex has a chance for some revenge. A lot has to happen before that game and I know its wishful thinking.
Would it really mean as much when Essex has been the #1/2 team in the state all season and a 4-6 Altavista team is not even on the same planet as the last 3 years?

Otero and Watson have picked against the Gladiators the last few weeks. Must be a beef with the Red Pride. Hasn't worked out for them yet.
Picking against the Gladiators is like playing one Bingo card. Yeah, you could nail it, but why don't you play the odds. Considering the Red team has won 68 of the last 75 (Over 90%) I guess they are not interested in being right. I would much rather be right 9 out of 10 instead of right 1 out of 10. It's like the people who pick all upsets in March. Sure you got it right, but you missed all the others.
Must be Wilson fans or not know football, or only kinda like sports.

Reactions: Bama1985
Otero and Watson have picked against the Gladiators the last few weeks. Must be a beef with the Red Pride. Hasn't worked out for them yet.
Picking against the Gladiators is like playing one Bingo card. Yeah, you could nail it, but why don't you play the odds. Considering the Red team has won 68 of the last 75 (Over 90%) I guess they are not interested in being right. I would much rather be right 9 out of 10 instead of right 1 out of 10. It's like the people who pick all upsets in March. Sure you got it right, but you missed all the others.
Must be Wilson fans or not know football, or only kinda like sports.

Based on the stories written by one of those you named, not know football would be the correct answer.

Reactions: TimWakefield
The News Leader is a joke . Staunton has no paper . Some of the writers don't know how you score 2 points without a touchdown . With the score 49 zip she asked why our team looked a little sluggish . I say go chase a parked car ! Get a life away from sports ! The Red team needs no press so take a hike !

I've depended on the News Virginian the last few weeks for the real game story. Cody Elliot has done a heck of a job over there.

I will agree the News Virginian Is much better ! To bad the local paper just plain sucks !

Do you think Altavista can pull the upset?
I think Altavista could possibly pull the upset they know what offense Riverheads run and they have no passing game at all. And i also was on that 2009 State Championship team that beat Riverheads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT