ADVERTISEMENT

Road to States

Aug 7, 2018
Making the auumption that either the top 1 or 2 are in the state semi-final and given the power points, is it safe to say that this year the Road to States goes through 4A?

Making the auumption that either the top 1 or 2 are in the state semi-final and given the power points, is it safe to say that this year the Road to States goes through 4A?
I assume nothing at this time. I am too concerned with today’s game against Poquoson. Falter here and Lafayette loses A region home field. An away game at Lake Taylor is not good. If we win this afternoon then I start thinking about points, playoff opponents and Region B. All we have left in the regular season is winless Grafton.

Good point and I’m not taking Poquoson for granted but with Dinwidide and Monocan losses, it seems 4A 1&2 will have more points than 4B 1&2. Discussion for another time though. Agree.

Let’s go get the Islanders!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Good point and I’m not taking Poquoson for granted but with Dinwidide and Monocan losses, it seems 4A 1&2 will have more points than 4B 1&2. Discussion for another time though. Agree.

Let’s go get the Islanders!
Home field does not mean as much once you make it to semifinals. Great teams win on the road

Reactions: OCBoy and catchtds
Well Lafayette won but scoreless in the 2 nd half. From my view the offensive line and the offense looked tired and sluggish the entire game. I’ve never done it but three games in 8 days when it was announced about a month ago I knew was too much physically to be sharp and it was.
Defensively they seemed as good as ever. If not for the Lafayette punt being deflected and on the Lafayette 20 yard line resulting in a FG by Poquoson they would have been shut out. Last three games no TDs allowed. In the playoffs you need defense.
Still too many penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT