ADVERTISEMENT

Roanoke Times article on Glenvar Appomattox game. & Some of my experiences after the game.

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high...cle_97de0127-e397-5220-ac40-9a8ddc0cf86e.html

I had just finished talking with and taking a picture with Maxx when Robert Anderson comes over and taps me on the shoulder to say hi. I was standing beside them as Robert interviewed Maxx about the game. He's definitely a classy kid and whoever gets him at the next level will get a tough competitor.

I also met Bradey Loder and his family after the game, unfortunately in street clothes. He has to have surgery Dec 4th i believe to repair a torn ACL. You could see his disappointment in not being able to to be out there last night to help his team. I believe he was averaging about 135 yards per game.

Good effort by both teams. I was standing about 50 feet away from the TD catch by Glenvar's #3, between 2 Appomattox defenders. That play had about a 1% chance of working, but a perfectly thrown ball by #2 and an amazing catch by the WR.

I got to meet and take a picture with Tony Spradlin, (he's an asst coach for Glenvar now) 20 feet from the corner of the end zone from the infamous "Catch" made by the former Spartan receiver. I joked with him if we should take the picture over in the corner of the end zone.

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/high...cle_97de0127-e397-5220-ac40-9a8ddc0cf86e.html

I had just finished talking with and taking a picture with Maxx when Robert Anderson comes over and taps me on the shoulder to say hi. I was standing beside them as Robert interviewed Maxx about the game. He's definitely a classy kid and whoever gets him at the next level will get a tough competitor.

I also met Bradey Loder and his family after the game, unfortunately in street clothes. He has to have surgery Dec 4th i believe to repair a torn ACL. You could see his disappointment in not being able to to be out there last night to help his team. I believe he was averaging about 135 yards per game.

Good effort by both teams. I was standing about 50 feet away from the TD catch by Glenvar's #3, between 2 Appomattox defenders. That play had about a 1% chance of working, but a perfectly thrown ball by #2 and an amazing catch by the WR.

I got to meet and take a picture with Tony Spradlin about 20 feet from the corner of the end zone from the infamous "Catch" made by the former Spartan receiver. I joked with him if we should take the picture over in the corner of the end zone.
Dakota Strader, yes amazing catch lol.

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT