18. Lindell stone. Woodberry Forest
19. Alex faniel Glenn Allen
20. Darrel Mack norview
21. Jermaine Brown Midlothian
22. Rayshard Ashby. LC bird
23. Tommy Christ. Dominion
24. Hezekiah grimsley. Lafayette
25. Tyrant Hunt. Southampton

Interesting list. Darnell Ewell is very low especially behind some of those other lineman. Oh well it's someone's opinion kid is going to Notre Dame. Enough said

Noah Beckley. QB. salem Number 46. Riley Fox. Lb Salem 49.

Juniors. Viante Tucker. Wr. Salem. Number 7 on the list for next year

Reactions: mike salem
Definitely would have Ewell above Conliffe.

Not having Dazz Newsome on the list is a joke.
Always have a problem with these lists because I'm sure the guy who made the list hasn't seen all these kids play. Then on top of that he's probably relying to list put out by Rivals ESPN or whoever and I know most of the time they rank kids off of what they do in shorts and tshirts.

Reactions: close2salem
Definitely would have Ewell above Conliffe.

Not having Dazz Newsome on the list is a joke.

Totally agree with you about Dazz... what in the world?? If you have spare time take a look at his jr & sr season highlights. It is unthinkable that he would not be on this list. I don't remember seeing him on the all state team either. Geeeesh

Totally agree with you about Dazz... what in the world?? If you have spare time take a look at his jr & sr season highlights. It is unthinkable that he would not be on this list. I don't remember seeing him on the all state team either. Geeeesh
Yea that was unfortunate that Daz got jobbed by the 5a South coaches. Kid was Hampton's best player hands down. Scored a boat load of TDs.

Yea that was unfortunate that Daz got jobbed by the 5a South coaches. Kid was Hampton's best player hands down. Scored a boat load of TDs.

I hope he doesn't really go the MD. Love to see him at Va Tech. I know they have now offered him a scholly

Dazz had offers. VA Tech too. But he gave his word. As a parent, I direct done deal. Character is everything. When Football is over, your word and your commitment is what defines you.

I wish him the very best no matter what his choices. Failure happens. That's part of life. It's how we learn. It's how we lead our life that defines us.

Salem has an o lineman Named Mundy 6 3. 295 that only played the last five games this year because of injury. He is back next year for Salem and someone could come in an steal him. He got healthy the same time Ramsey left. His insertion into the offensive line really was instrumental in Salems run in the playoffs

Salem has an o lineman Named Mundy 6 3. 295 that only played the last five games this year because of injury. He is back next year for Salem and someone could come in an steal him. He got healthy the same time Ramsey left. His insertion into the offensive line really was instrumental in Salems run in the playoffs
#73 will need to step up and be the lead mule next year. Two seasons of freak injuries have made him only available for the playoffs. Salem should also feel good about their returning rising Jr RT #63. Others will step up on the OL just like they do every year under Mag's coaching and leadership.

Dazz had offers. VA Tech too. But he gave his word. As a parent, I direct done deal. Character is everything. When Football is over, your word and your commitment is what defines you.

I wish him the very best no matter what his choices. Failure happens. That's part of life. It's how we learn. It's how we lead our life that defines us.
He just recently got the VT offer.

It is unfortunate that performance has such a low value when it comes to recruiting. You must have the numbers.

Here's the bottom line. If you give a scholly to an OL that's 6'6" and 325, you keep you job. Even when he doesn't belong or work out. You give a scholly to a 6' kid at 250 that's rips off heads and craps down their neck in HS, you lose your job. You give a scholly to a RB that scores a gazillion TD's in HS but runs a 4.8 40, you lose your job. Give that scholly to a kid that runs 4.3 and you keep your job, even when he doesn't have close to the goods.

Recruiting is job security and numbers. It is not about best value for your team. It is not about best player. Money and Power. Always the answer. Always.

It is unfortunate that performance has such a low value when it comes to recruiting. You must have the numbers.

Here's the bottom line. If you give a scholly to an OL that's 6'6" and 325, you keep you job. Even when he doesn't belong or work out. You give a scholly to a 6' kid at 250 that's rips off heads and craps down their neck in HS, you lose your job. You give a scholly to a RB that scores a gazillion TD's in HS but runs a 4.8 40, you lose your job. Give that scholly to a kid that runs 4.3 and you keep your job, even when he doesn't have close to the goods.

Recruiting is job security and numbers. It is not about best value for your team. It is not about best player. Money and Power. Always the answer. Always.

I generally agree with you Shanti when it comes to recruiting, but if you bring in a bunch of flops and they don't produce wins. See ya coach! I realize its better to recruit the 4 and 5 star guys because the risk is lower and it looks better to the fan base (donors),but Mike London failed to get anything out of the big boys he recruited and you see how that ended. If you are talking about the SEC and Big Ten, Clemson and FSU I would tend to agree with you whole heartedly, but there are some exceptions who win with a good mix of fours, three and a few two's. I certainly would not advocate a D-I coach offering an unranked recruit ascholarship.

Exposure in the summer plays a big part. Attending/being invited to camps and producing is the key to getting a look. Surely size and speed don't hurt.

Reactions: gwb16
I generally agree with you Shanti when it comes to recruiting, but if you bring in a bunch of flops and they don't produce wins. See ya coach! I realize its better to recruit the 4 and 5 star guys because the risk is lower and it looks better to the fan base (donors),but Mike London failed to get anything out of the big boys he recruited and you see how that ended. If you are talking about the SEC and Big Ten, Clemson and FSU I would tend to agree with you whole heartedly, but there are some exceptions who win with a good mix of fours, three and a few two's. I certainly would not advocate a D-I coach offering an unranked recruit ascholarship.

Exposure in the summer plays a big part. Attending/being invited to camps and producing is the key to getting a look. Surely size and speed don't hurt.

I agree with Shanti somewhat also but you cannot give a scholly to a 6ft 250 lineman at the D1 level lol.

But in the case of Dazz Newsome... I would tell anybody to go on hudl or youtube and look at his Jr and Sr seasons.. Thats plenty of games (24 or so) to get a feel for a kid.

Cannot tell me he doesn't belong a D1 football field. Maybe not clemson or alabama but I would think that Va Tech and UVA would be salivating to land him. IMO they missed the boat in terms of early evaluation and it might cost them. I know he verballed to MD (MD has a top 15 class) but playing on a bad MD team for 2 years playing that tough big 10 schedule is not as appealing as coming to VA tech and being an early contributor on a contending ACC team.

Mr. Newsome if you read this board take a hard look at the Hokies. I think it would be a better path for you. Tech has put a lot of home grown talent in the league especially from the 757.

I know MD was the first pretty girl that wanted to dance with you, but now there are a few other hot chicks in the mix. Options are a beautiful thing!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT