ADVERTISEMENT

Roll Call

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Just checking in with everyone to see how everybody's doing. If you could, let's do roll call and tell us a little something about what's going in your life. There are some regular posters that I haven't seen or heard from in a while so just drop us a line. Keep the discussion positive.

For me I'm staying in as much as possible out of this heat and humidity. I do go out and take pictures which I enjoy. I'm going to miss fall football, but I'll miss the people I see and talk with during the season even more.

Doing well here also Mike. Went on vacation last month to the Tampa/Clearwater area, where it was actually cooler than it was here. Trying to do some hiking on the weekends and get out and enjoy some of what nature has to offer.

Doing well here also Mike. Went on vacation last month to the Tampa/Clearwater area, where it was actually cooler than it was here. Trying to do some hiking on the weekends and get out and enjoy some of what nature has to offer.
Hiking was my favorite thing to do when I was able. I hiked in 12 states, mostly in the Southeast, to hundreds of waterfalls.

Enjoying my time at home with no need to go out and about. Stil have to work and slave in the heat. I am able to use some vacation time and go camping close to home.

Reactions: mike salem
Hiking was my favorite thing to do when I was able. I hiked in 12 states, mostly in the Southeast, to hundreds of waterfalls.

I'd love to do an AT thru-hike one of these days, but know it's unrealistic as it would mean six months off of work or longer and that's just something I can't afford to take. Any recommended hikes or waterfalls to go see within a reasonable driving distance?

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I'd love to do an AT thru-hike one of these days, but know it's unrealistic as it would mean six months off of work or longer and that's just something I can't afford to take. Any recommended hikes or waterfalls to go see within a reasonable driving distance?
Speaking of the AT, there is a HILARIOUS movie I saw a few months ago called "A Walk in the Woods". Stars Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. You can rent it on Youtube. It's a true story about a writer (Robert Redford) who hikes the AT with his friend (Nick Nolte). Came out in 2015.

I sent you a direct message asking what town or area you are in so I could give you some suggestions. A lot of my favorites are in TN, but I've been all over. You can answer here or in the DM & I'll give you some ideas. @swva_havok_fan

Reactions: swva_havok_fan
Working, fishing, golfing and working out with my 10 yr old getting ready for whenever football resumes. Moving into my new home next week. God is still good to me. Be blessed and be safe wherever you are.

Thanks mike for asking , been hanging around the house grilling a lot , playing some golf here at whispering pines course , bike riding and taking some walks on the beach here , SC is still on schedule to start football around the 2 week of September, they are usually about 2 weeks ahead of VA .

Interested to see how former Richlands coach Mance does down there. Good to see a former SWVA coach doing things in a bigger area.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Interested to see how former Richlands coach Mance does down there. Good to see a former SWVA coach doing things in a bigger area.
Was working up in Loris a few weeks ago and the talk around there is about coach mance ! Hope he does well and will ride up there and watch a game , about 50 min ride from myrtle to there !

ADVERTISEMENT