ADVERTISEMENT

Rural retreat

Man if so I hope coach B gets the job knowing that will mean bad news for my MAROONS and anyone else who would play rr. And I feel sorry for us all if he gets it and can get coach Russell back from chilhowie.

Heard he had taken the Gate City job a week ago maybe. I was kind of surprised this was not mentioned on here earlier so I questioned the source again as there was nothing out about it and he confirmed again. Rumor I also heard is that Ingo was in line (not the same source btw-random fan of RR). Of course I've heard this rumor anytime a coaching position opens in Wythe Co. so .......? That's the word in Bland Co. Good luck on the coaching search and looking forward to another exciting game between the Bears and Indians.

BC how are the Bears looking right now I know it's really early but is everyone working out and getting ready. And how are the new bloods looking?

Have several who went from playing basketball to playing baseball so I hear we're behind conditioning wise. One of the disadvantages of the facilities not being at the school but skill wise we should be much better than last year. Defensively we should be deeper and much better. Offensively it's going to come down to how well a young o-line comes together. If they put it together and everyone stays healthy we COULD be one of the more talented teams in the area. Very limited in the passing game last year but upcoming sophomores should provide some more options there. Personally, I'm excited. We were not the same team after injuries in the Grayson game and defensively it was a killer. Well that and the schedule got a tougher. Going into the PH playoff game, I talked to the d-coordinator and he said we finally had everybody back and playing their position but that kind of got thrown out the window with everything that happened. Hoping for a good year but you never know with a schools like bland, northwood, narrows, etc. one injury changes everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT