ADVERTISEMENT

Rustburg preview

What do you think Mike? Do you think they can go two or three games deep in the 3a playoffs?

3a looks highly competitive to me this year.

What do you think Mike? Do you think they can go two or three games deep in the 3a playoffs?

3a looks highly competitive to me this year.
The schedule makes it tough to get a top seed, which means they'll be running into a top seed very early. (1st Rd possibly) They haven't shown the depth to go with a top team for 4Q.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I'm going with 7-3 or 8-2. Talent is there... Deep run maybe not but 2nd round barring any major catastrophe... Depth won't really be a factor this year as the Seminole isn't exactly looking very stacked in terms of the bigger schools

I'm going with 7-3 or 8-2. Talent is there... Deep run maybe not but 2nd round barring any major catastrophe... Depth won't really be a factor this year as the Seminole isn't exactly looking very stacked in terms of the bigger schools

After watching yesterday's scrimmage I would say that's unlikely. They took a step back at center, and bad snaps will destroy an offense. If they find a way to get the junior lineman rotated in for the two guards who are also d tackles they can save themselves from getting worn down. In the second part yesterday they got exposed on off tackles runs. Getting the starters breathers will be a requirement. They have talent but this game is won and lost in the trenches and they cannot play ironman with the schedule they have

You gotta remember it's also the first scrimmage. Most kids aren't ready to go a full 4Qs in the middle of August. That sucks no matter who you are. & Idc if you have 20 guys or 70 guys on the sidelines tho... Anybody can get beat any night. Rustburg got beat because of a lot of bad play calls last year.

And for the record... That schedule bs is an invalid arguement. Ask anyone who played for Rustburg in the 90s and early 2000s what the schedule was and compare how many players were on the team compared to now. Seminole has always been a tough district and there has always been teams with less numbers find ways to get it done at game time. But we'll see how the season folds out.

And for the record... That schedule bs is an invalid arguement. Ask anyone who played for Rustburg in the 90s and early 2000s what the schedule was and compare how many players were on the team compared to now. Seminole has always been a tough district and there has always been teams with less numbers find ways to get it done at game time. But we'll see how the season folds out.

Your passion is noted and I appreciate your devotion. However, I think your allegiance has clouded your judgement. I will hope for the best for you and your underdog team. I gave you my objective and truthful opinion. Realistically you HAVE to find line depth or you will be around 5-5 or 6-4.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Due to your passionate post, i will let you know the 4 Rustburg players I have been asked to evaluate. 3, 7, 58, and 72. I have some other assignments for the first few weeks, but I will be in attendance sometime this season to watch these student athletes. Good luck this week

Sorry dude. Schedule is everything. You still have to play the games but weanie schedules yield weanie teams. 90s and 2000s mean absolutely nothing. But the Seminole is no easy road. GL to them.

Reactions: newleather
I saw 3 players with 100+ yards on the ground Friday night from behind what looked like a very conditioned group of linemen. I don't see many problems out of this group.... Next week at Appomattox will be a good measure to see what this years got in store. Only other seminoke team that looks good right now is Amherst & all the others look very beatable. (Besides Brookvile) you just never know with them.

I think Rustburg's coach is a idiot! I get tired of seeing coaches leave in players when they are beating up on teams. He had #7, #6 and many others in all night after they were up 49 points? I love Appomattox coach, he is all about playing conservative and letting 2nd and 3rd team reserves get reps so they can have experience. If a player gets hurt that coach deserves it for being greedy and playing his 1st string for pointless reasons. He should be ashamed of himself and any other coach that lets this crap go on. Beating a team by 30 just isnt enough huh? What is there to prove? I dont blame the kid, he gonna do what coach tells em. If you agree with this type of garbage as a fan/parent shame on you as well. Like I said before, Im thankful for a coach like Coach Smith that "calls the dogs off."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT