ADVERTISEMENT

Rustburg vs Appomattox

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
Rustburg put a whoopin on who they played last week and appear to have a couple fast athletes.
The new coach seems to have them headed in a positive direction.
Could be a good one in Appomattox Friday night which will be the season opener for the Raiders being their game last week with Buckingham was cancelled.

Rustburg put a whoopin on who they played last week and appear to have a couple fast athletes.
The new coach seems to have them headed in a positive direction.
Could be a good one in Appomattox Friday night which will be the season opener for the Raiders being their game last week with Buckingham was cancelled.
Was at the Rustburg game Friday night and they did beat Monticello 53-13. I could not honestly tell you that Rustburg is that good or Monticello was that bad. I think Monticello is that bad and Rustburg is way improved from a year ago. Depth will be a huge problem against teams that don’t have a lot of players going both ways because Rustburg has a lot going both ways. They are super fast at the skill positions and there QB can complete passes and is a tough runner. I do not think Rustburg has much of a chance. But this game will go along way as to deciding what Rustburg really has. I think Appomattox could win the Seminole if they played in it. Coach Torrence did have Rustburg playing a physical brand of football last week. He will get Rustburg back to winning football games if he can get the kids to come out and play. A lot of talent walking the halls and not playing.

At Appomattox so you can show up an pay there.

Bo Bob, is the Appo game Friday for sure? I ask because NFHS has either the varsity or JV game listed for tonight, but NFHS is often wrong due to schedule changes with Covid, etc. So, just to make sure I have it, the Varsity game with Rustburg is Friday night, and the JV game between Appo vs Rustburg is tonight? Is that right?

Reactions: Bo Bob
Bo Bob, is the Appo game Friday for sure? I ask because NFHS has either the varsity or JV game listed for tonight, but NFHS is often wrong due to schedule changes with Covid, etc. So, just to make sure I have it, the Varsity game with Rustburg is Friday night, and the JV game between Appo vs Rustburg is tonight? Is that right?
Correct

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Yes Sir. Tonight JV
Varsity at Appomattox on Friday.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
It depends on the specific game. Some games are solid, some are medium and some not so good. Much of this also depends on your bandwith/internet provider. You want to be sure your internet plan has solid speed. I have 25 MGPS which is plenty for streaming. I used to have less than 12 Mb and watching NFHS was nearly impossible.

Even if you have great internet, that doesn't mean the roomba camera will keep the action from going off screen.

Reactions: mike salem
Atleast in the spring he was at OLB as well. I understand minimizing risks, but the Raiders won a state title with him at OLB too, and then won back to back titles with Mr Scruggs lighting up teams as a hard hitting safety. Let’s stop and realize that the Raiders beat a much improved Rustburg (3A team from the Seminole) by 3 scores without the help of Tre and Pennix. That, my fellow 2A fans, is frightening if I do say so myself. Heck in 2019, Appomattox beat Rustburg 17-0 at full strength, and Rustburg finished near the bottom of the pack in the Seminole while the Raiders won a state title. I’m a Knights fan, thus I would never root for those fellas in blue and silver (didn’t red used to be there at one point? Haha) but let’s give credit where credit is due for a moment

Atleast in the spring he was at OLB as well. I understand minimizing risks, but the Raiders won a state title with him at OLB too, and then won back to back titles with Mr Scruggs lighting up teams as a hard hitting safety. Let’s stop and realize that the Raiders beat a much improved Rustburg (3A team from the Seminole) by 3 scores without the help of Tre and Pennix. That, my fellow 2A fans, is frightening if I do say so myself. Heck in 2019, Appomattox beat Rustburg 17-0 at full strength, and Rustburg finished near the bottom of the pack in the Seminole while the Raiders won a state title. I’m a Knights fan, thus I would never root for those fellas in blue and silver (didn’t red used to be there at one point? Haha) but let’s give credit where credit is

Agree. Freighting. Next man up mentality. Now I think the Appo staff know their personnel. You don’t win without knowing. Down here in the Sw Va kids play multiple positions. Unless I’m in practice, coaches meetings, then I can’t speculate.

To add to what BCKnights Said. Lots of teams have commented how Appomattox beats them on special teams and that’s the reason we’ve won some of those titles
That's sole reason you guys beat Union in 2017. Using starters in special teams set up all sorts of short fields and Union shanked a punt and Appo got it inside U 20.

Appomattox had one drive of more than 40 yards bc special teams kept them in great field position. But we still shoulda won, we were the better team :p lolol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT