ADVERTISEMENT

RVA City Winter Sports: JMHS

Former Varina star PG Jason Nelson is at John Marshall. Nelson has about 7 D1 offers including Vanderbilt & VCU. He’s just a rising junior and led Varina to a state championship his freshman year.

John Marshall Jayem Basketball @JayemMarshall
2019-2020 Season Is Here
EJGG6u8XkAUGKjP

ACTIONS >WORDS
Is Seward still running with them?

Today is also the day when @JayemMarshall receive their @VHSL_ Class 2 State Championship rings! The Justices won their fourth title in six years when they Radford last March at the Siegel Center.
FgBT3TeWIAEY_du

A public 2a team out of va # 1? Come on. You could pick best players off top 4 2a teams and they still wouldn’t have a shot. Richmond all star team +. Vhsl screwed 2a basketball in VA.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
A public 2a team out of va # 1? Come on. You could pick best players off top 4 2a teams and they still wouldn’t have a shot. Richmond all star team +. Vhsl screwed 2a basketball in VA.
The same could be said for Riverheads. You take the best players from other 1A schools and they still beating them… haven’t heard that philosophy before in regards to them though.

So is JM experiencing a golden generation of talent or are they assembling talent the way a private school does?

I ask because generally that is how most of the nationally ranked schools operate

So is JM experiencing a golden generation of talent or are they assembling talent the way a private school does?

I ask because generally that is how most of the nationally ranked schools operate
I do know their head coach is also their AAU coach. But with that said,,they've beaten 3 teams ranked in the top 25 in the nation this year including back to back wins over two top 10 schools last week. They'd easily win Class 6 this year and as long as they're in 2A they'll win the state championship every year. JM has been historically strong to begin with

beat me to it - 32
We’ve seen all the talk about riverheads and there has been plenty of discussion on the 1a boards. JM is run as a national AAU team. How many public teams in Virginia in any class has the ability and reach to play the schedule they play and the tournaments they play during the “high school” season?

Year to year you will have 1a teams that can beat 5a and 6a teams. 2a has had great teams in the past that could put a run against a lot of public teams in Virginia. What didn’t happen is an all star team that generates from their AAU team. When a team is 40+ better than any other 2a team… you have to look at it. Am I wrong? Keep posting on the 2a board about their ranking nationally. You will get rolled eyes from the majority.
You can support John Marshall, but most people on this board understand what has happened to 2a basketball.

Jayem T&F qualify for the Indoor States (1A-2A)

Congratulations to sophomore Tobreal Wright-Anthony on qualifying for the VHSL 1A/2A State track and field championships in the 300m
327432577_927467278610768_2341416530458744520_n.jpg

Last edited:

406209315_18006648854125160_6114195637940076819_n.jpg

Congratulations to John Marshall high school JV boys Basketball team for winning the "JV Fall Ball Jamboree " posting a perfect 3-0 record.

#keepworking #jobnotdone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT