ADVERTISEMENT

RVA to LCA

He's been working his tail off at VUL too, hes made a lot of good hires on his coaching staff. He's been recruiting all over the Tidewater Area and in North Carolina. VUL was in the past known for an abysmal football program, but Coach Rome is making some big moves and will turn that football program into a big deal. I can see a lot more kids graduating to go play for him. And hes only in his early thirties(32?).

I love what Coach Rome is doing. I just hope these kids know that VUL isn’t accredited and the VUL administration are working towards accreditation. That’s no shot or diss. Playing football is great and all, but education means everything..Especially to us Black men (I say that because VUL is an HBCU & most of their players are black).

I love what Coach Rome is doing. I just hope these kids know that VUL isn’t accredited and the VUL administration are working towards accreditation. That’s no shot or diss. Playing football is great and all, but education means everything..Especially to us Black men (I say that because VUL is an HBCU & most of their players are black).

I agree with that also. Seems like most kids go there to play football than for an education. Hopefully the school administration is improving the quality of education and their facilities.

Do you guys remember a few years ago when a gentleman from France was posting on here? He said he played American club football in France. If I remember correctly, he was asking for suggestions for good high school games on a couple of Friday nights that he was going to be in the States.

Now Russia? I guess there is more American football played overseas than we realize.

Hey Checkmate, I assume from your avatar that you are a big ND fan. So I guess you saw where QB Brendon Clark at Manchester is now going to ND?

My buddy Bleeding Navy is happy, I know.

Incidently, Navy introduced me to Clark's family last year at a game. Easy to see why he is such a great kid.

Do you guys remember a few years ago when a gentleman from France was posting on here? He said he played American club football in France. If I remember correctly, he was asking for suggestions for good high school games on a couple of Friday nights that he was going to be in the States.

Now Russia? I guess there is more American football played overseas than we realize.

oh you don't know the half of it.
It has exploded and now have a several leagues around the world. The organization that is trying to get a handle on this is The International Federation of American Football. (https://www.ifaf.org/)
They have a Senior Division, a Junior Division, a Women's Division and a Flag Football Division.
As expected the US dominate each division but Flag. For some reason Canada seems to specialize in flag football (who knew).

The USA teams are sponsored by the NFL and the NFLPA

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
That possibility opens a huge box of good and bad possibilities.

Football played as we know it would be extremely expensive to conduct on the world stage, but also highly lucrative. It would be hard to imagine that it could be competitive if the US staffed its team with pros or even college talent.

That possibility opens a huge box of good and bad possibilities.

Football played as we know it would be extremely expensive to conduct on the world stage, but also highly lucrative. It would be hard to imagine that it could be competitive if the US staffed its team with pros or even college talent.
the Jr teams are high schoolers
The Senior teams is amateurs and low level college grads that are not pro prospects
Besides the US and Canada the next two up and coming countries are Mexico and Japan.
Here is a game between the two of them

A lot of these schools use online classes which are usually through another institution. A couple of years ago, Central International University was a start up university in Lynchburg that was selling kids false hopes and dreams for football. No instructors but they could get by with it because the classes were taught by an “accredited” online third party out of Colorado. You’d be surprised at the hole in the wall “prep schools” and “Christian” academies that get by. I’m more familiar with schools like MT. Zion Christian Academy in Durham, Word of God in Raleigh, and the old Laurinburg Institute. These schools got the nation’s top talent, fed them chicken nuggets and almost spoiled milk, boarded them in old houses (3-4 to a room), and schooled them. These schools were responsible for sending kids to big time college programs without any accreditation issues. My point is, if they could do it, then it won’t be hard for LCA to do it!

the Jr teams are high schoolers
The Senior teams is amateurs and low level college grads that are not pro prospects
Besides the US and Canada the next two up and coming countries are Mexico and Japan.
Here is a game between the two of them
Thanks for sharing EPJr. You are 100% correct. GW Danville has had 4 young men play for TeamUSA (2 current players) and Tim Glass (Current NC State Safety) and David Wilson (Virginia Tech and NY Giants). It’s nothing to see the US beat teams 70-0. It’s actually really fun to watch.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
ADVERTISEMENT