ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 13. Northside 21. Half

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Very little room for error by Salem. Missing two offensive linemen and quarterback. Northside loading box. Northside pretty good. Salem has soooo many limitations

I predicted 7-3 and people said I was crazy. I said Salem had very few playmakers and some said I was crazy. Well turns out I'm not crazy. Ok .maybe a little. But it turns what I said about this team was accurate. Salem is a 7-3 or 6-4 football team. Too young, not explosive. Wish I had been wrong

Reactions: FootballArmy
I predicted 7-3 and people said I was crazy. I said Salem had very few playmakers and some said I was crazy. Well turns out I'm not crazy. Ok .maybe a little. But it turns what I said about this team was accurate. Salem is a 7-3 or 6-4 football team. Too young, not explosive. Wish I had been wrong
Have a feeling next weeks game against Blacksburg is going to be a repeat of their first meeting last year. I would say 6-4 at best. Even if their starting QB is back, don't think that will be enough. Salem is in dire need of a mobile QB to take pressure off R-backs and Receivers.

If Salem gets healthy, I expect they will mature. Indicative of Salem program. I am curious where the other losses will come from if they are going to be 6-4? Pulaski, LB or WB?

Reactions: iskolinbckers
If Salem gets healthy, I expect they will mature. Indicative of Salem program. I am curious where the other losses will come from if they are going to be 6-4? Pulaski, LB or WB?
They only play Pulaski of those teams. They could do it and Blacksburg too. I could also see PH causing some issues

Reactions: iskolinbckers
I wish you would just STOP! Your negativity drives me crazy. No playmakers? #20, #17, #3 look pretty good to me. I recall last year hearing this same crap after the Blacksburg game. Northside had a good plan. Salem did not execute. I think #32 needs to play more defense. Defense needs to tighten up and play disciplined. They will improve.

Reactions: mbonape1
Blacksburg scored once on a long pass , blown coverage .Northside has a good oline, and qb, and a couple good wr. They looked good on D too, but was the first scrimmage , means nothing .

Reactions: NCVAKY
I wish you would just STOP! Your negativity drives me crazy. No playmakers? #20, #17, #3 look pretty good to me. I recall last year hearing this same crap after the Blacksburg game. Northside had a good plan. Salem did not execute. I think #32 needs to play more defense. Defense needs to tighten up and play disciplined. They will improve.
Not negative. Realist. They will get better. But unfortunately my analysis has been proven accurate. Your evaluation is inflated to say the least. #20 is doing a great job and shows a lot of promise. However, there has been little or no help coming from the receivers. 80# shows promise.

Not negative. Realist. They will get better. But unfortunately my analysis has been proven accurate. Your evaluation is inflated to say the least. #20 is doing a great job and shows a lot of promise. However, there has been little or no help coming from the receivers. 80# shows promise.
Can't help if the ball isn't thrown to them.

Salem will be back by playoff time. This is just a hiccup probably from a rough game last week both mentally and physically. They were not ready for Northside but Northside was ready for them so congrats to Northside.

Reactions: close2salem
Inflated?? You have no idea. I'm a realist, but I know the team's potential. I've watched these kids grow up and play and I know what they are capable of doing. You can't reach your full potential with sloppy play and poor execution. The potential is there. Perhaps they need someone to believe in them instead of pegging them with 3 or four losses before the season even started.

Last edited:
Blacksburg scored once on a long pass , blown coverage .Northside has a good oline, and qb, and a couple good wr. They looked good on D too, but was the first scrimmage , means nothing .
I saw that entire scrimmage on hudl and neither team is even similar to what they were then.

Salem will be back by playoff time. This is just a hiccup probably from a rough game last week both mentally and physically. They were not ready for Northside but Northside was ready for them so congrats to Northside.
I feel like Northside is legitimately a better team all-around regardless of injuries or last weeks game. Salem is still a quality team and they are going to get better but Northside just has more things they can do at a high level.

Reactions: RKE Fan
Can't help if the ball isn't thrown to them.
None of the receivers are getting separation. 80 by far shows most promise. 20 is almost carrying the entire load offensively. Salem right now is one dimensional. Defense has been inconsistent. Leadersvneed to step up. Important play tonight , Salem driving and after long run by 20, 17 picks up personal foul. Big change in momentum. Probably got caught retaliating, but that was a big big turnaround

None of the receivers are getting separation. 80 by far shows most promise. 20 is almost carrying the entire load offensively. Salem right now is one dimensional. Defense has been inconsistent. Leadersvneed to step up. Important play tonight , Salem driving and after long run by 20, 17 picks up personal foul. Big change in momentum. Probably got caught retaliating, but that was a big big turnaround
Don't disagree with you about the personal foul. Pass protection needs to improve. Defense needs to improve. Please stop saying you know they're going to lose. It irritates me.

Don't disagree with you about the personal foul. Pass protection needs to improve. Defense needs to improve. Please stop saying you know they're going to lose. It irritates me.
Have not said "I know theyre going to lose" I have realistically pointed out their weaknesses. I believe after four games it's been obvious that those weaknesses have cost us two ball games. I said before the season that those weaknesses would probably cost us three. Now im hoping it wont be four. We will get better, but we have limitations this year. They will be tough to overcome. As to irritating you---dont care

Have not said "I know theyre going to lose" I have realistically pointed out their weaknesses. I believe after four games it's been obvious that those weaknesses have cost us two ball games. I said before the season that those weaknesses would probably cost us three. Now im hoping it wont be four. We will get better, but we have limitations this year. They will be tough to overcome. As to irritating you---dont care
Saying a team will be 7-3 or 6-4 is the same as saying you know they will lose. I'm sure there are others annoyed by your pessimism.

Reactions: mike salem
Man those top 3 teams in the BRD are going to have some wars and LB-NS play twice
Three really good teams. I feel like WB matches up a lot better with LB than Northside but we'll see how it all plays out.

Wood #42 hasnt got a true shot no 32 definitely.....and 33 all sophomores

You guys have more losing seasons (5) than winning seasons (4) in the last 9 years so...
You act like these are back and forth. Our past 4 years have been 6-4, 10-2, 9-2, and 4-0 so far. I’m not trying to compare to Salem. I’d be a fool to do that. All I was saying earlier is that it is good to see a shakeup in the Area. I respect the crap out of Salem and what they do. A lot more than other teams in the area.

Soph #80 might be one of the best players on the field for Salem. He’s not alone though for the underclassmen. Lots to look forward to this season and the next to come!

Ky'Juan is a really good DE. He will probably be pulled up to Varsity by the end of the year.

Ky'Juan is a really good DE. He will probably be pulled up to Varsity by the end of the year.
I agree i think he should come up 42 # which i no a little should get more touches i think #80 and 11# should get a shot but they are all young.. thoughts?

What’s Salem’s big issue right now?
They have a lot of youth and inexperience at spots, injury bug has bitten them a little bit, and they have played 2 really good teams the last 2 weeks. They have a lot of potential and hopefully by the end of the year they'll put all the pieces of the puzzle together and play to their capability.

Reactions: RKE Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT