ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 20. Dinwiddie 25. Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta give refs some credit in the 4th quarter, but all and all good game. I think us giving away 6 turnovers really hurt us. But being that the game was this close I think We can beat them.

Fantastic game tonight. The Salem fumbles were just huge. Fumbled snaps, lazy ball security when guys are obviously stripping it and even fumbled exchanges. Also, the Dinwiddie QB Pope outplayed Salem QB Gladden by far tonight. Dinwiddie certainly deserved to win this one.

QB pope outplayed Gladden because he can run the ball and Throw . Gladden is not mobile what so ever

As a neutral fan.. The refs tried to hand the game to Salem. Attack me but Salem has the WORST refs in the state!
I agree the refs really fumbled up the end of the game but not sure it benefited either team. If it really was an inadvertent whistle then Salem actually got the short end of the stick because Ramsey returned to midfield and also when they rekicked they never reset the clock. Not sure it favored Salem.

As a neutral fan.. The refs tried to hand the game to Salem. Attack me but Salem has the WORST refs in the state!

What have you been smoking!! Can't wait to see the count on penalties. And one call you are referring to the rekick we ended on losing 10 yard and 17 seconds bc they didn't reset the clock. But the one ref "Santa Claus" he is GOD AWFUL!! He makes me want to be the grinch!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Salem doesn't have their own refs... that makes no sense.

The officiating was pretty even until that debacle at the end of the game. From a Salem fans perspective, Salem's first go ahead TD in the 4th quarter got called back on really questionable hold. Then defenders ran into Tucker while not looking at the ball on a few deep balls and Close got blatantly held a few times when he was a few steps away from the QB. There were missed calls on both sides but I thought the officials did a pretty good job overall until the end of the game. I don't think they even saw the Ramsey fumble because it shot straight to a Dinwiddie player for a recovery. They had no idea how to handle it so they said inadvertent whistle. At least for Dinwiddie it didn't also give Salem the huge return yardage and then the next play the immediately called a hold that didn't happen to try to make up for it further.

QB pope outplayed Gladden because he can run the ball and Throw . Gladden is not mobile what so ever
He flat out threw the ball better also. He also had less turnovers and the only turnover he had came on a crazy one-handed pick by Quinn.

Let's see. Inadvertent whistle should have given ball to Salem at the spot but they re kicked. Three Mystery holds call back three big plays for Salem. Yeah the refs really tried to give it to Salem. By the way, they re not our refs, they are assigned to the game. You have shown your butt again Danville

I saw about 5 missed holding calls on Salem and that fumble on the kickoff was ATROCIOUS! They probably added 10 seconds to the clock on that last drive.
No, the last drive they added three seconds because the play went for a first down and they failed to stop the clock. They actually didn't even put back all the time they should have.

You are trying to be nice but you are still salty from a few years ago and you know it. If you only saw missed holds on one side you are obviously biased. Be honest, were you really neutral or did you prefer to see one team win or rather, one team lose?

Reactions: salemfan32
Because Santa Claus hate Salem. I know when I see him it's going to a rough night in penalties.
Yep, you got that right. You know it's going to be a long night when he is on the field. That being said, Salem lost because of turnovers. They'll learn from it and get better.

What have you been smoking!! Can't wait to see the count on penalties. And one call you are referring to the rekick we ended on losing 10 yard and 17 seconds bc they didn't reset the clock. But the one ref "Santa Claus" he is GOD AWFUL!! He makes me want to be the grinch!
That Santa Claus guy was at our game last year when we played Salem

On a positive note, the Dinwiddie fans we met were awesome and very gracious...and that was before the game. Got to talk to Navy and DP before the game, both great people.

Our fumbles cost us big time. Their quarterback is by far more experienced and his short passes were generally on the money. This game could have gone either way. I hope we meet again in December.

Wikki I will give you that game last year., That was the first game of the season but Salem got better during the year. Amherst obviously did not get much hetter during the year or did your starting QB ,get hurt

Dinwiddie made a one hand catch on 4th down and about a minute 45 left in the game . They made THE play of the game They deserve the win. Salem needs to hold on to the ball and make some subtle changes. The Spartans must improve and they usually do.

I was just thinking that Dinwiddie got to see Ramsey for the first time since he did not play last year. Wonder what they thought?

Wikki I will give you that game last year., That was the first game of the season but Salem got better during the year. Amherst obviously did not get much hetter during the year or did your starting QB ,get hurt
The QB got hurt and was hurt the year before that as well but a win is a win, remember we were down by 14 and came back and won

Sounds like a great game worthy of the hype. Great job to both programs.

Congrats to Dinwiddie!

I read these posts quickly as trying to catch up on all the action tonight. I believe someone said "I think that losing 6 turnovers really hurt our team's chances to win." Thank you Captain Obvious!

Just kidding, sounds like a good one. Hmm..I wonder if there might be a rematch???

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT