ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 20. Dinwiddie 25. Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want no explanation but the officials for tonight's game should be fired! They were an absolute joke! Ramsey's fumble on the last kickoff went right in Jasiah "The Jet" Williams arms and Navy Nation is celebrating a win. The officials huddle up for 3-4 minutes and say it was an inadvertent whistle! What the hell is that! That is blatant cheating! Yes I said it cheating! It was obvious what the hell was going on! The clock operator made several mistakes all night as well! I have been a college athlete and a coach for the better part of 17 years and I never ever seen the crap that I witnessed tonight! It was home cooking at its finest but The Country Boys overcame it and got the win!! Great football game! Ramsey is an absolute stud!! On to the next one!

I want no explanation but the officials for tonight's game should be fired! They were an absolute joke! Ramsey's fumble on the last kickoff went right in Jasiah "The Jet" Williams arms and Navy Nation is celebrating a win. The officials huddle up for 3-4 minutes and say it was an inadvertent whistle! What the hell is that! That is blatant cheating! Yes I said it cheating! It was obvious what the hell was going on! The clock operator made several mistakes all night as well! I have been a college athlete and a coach for the better part of 17 years and I never ever seen the crap that I witnessed tonight! It was home cooking at its finest but The Country Boys overcame it and got the win!! Great football game! Ramsey is an absolute stud!! On to the next one!
I saw video of the fumble play from the Salem side and the official had no idea that the ball was even fumbled. Was probably out of position after the long return and when it went straight to the Dinwiddie player he had no idea.

If the plan was to cheat I don't think they would have waited until the last minute to try something. The clock operator errors effected both teams but they tried to fix it and put time back on the clock when they were late stopping it.

An inadvertent whistle is not blatant cheating. It is a mistake by the official. They compounded the mistake by doing a rekick without putting time back on the clock
They made a make up hold call after Salem completed a pass. They screwed up, but not surprising when santa is the head ref

You sound like a middle schooler . That is what I was going to say. In fact we say all the time, if you are a teacher, there are bad teachers and good teacher's. Grow up.

Unfortunately you sound like a middle School student, not middle school teacher. They screwed up the call. They don't have instant replay. They actually screwed both teams. They even made a make up holding call. They just screwed both teams at the end. Be happy you won. Hope you go a long way in the playoffs. Maybe, just maybe we will meet again

Think about what you are teaching the kids. Is the most important thing your opinion?

Salem Spartans, just accept that L and move on. Turnovers and bad calls are part of the game. You have a great program up there in Salem, you're the
2 X defending champion. Hey, ya can't win them all. Give Dinwiddie credit for getting the W and be ready for them if ya meet again.

Salem Spartans, just accept that L and move on. Turnovers and bad calls are part of the game. You have a great program up there in Salem, you're the
2 X defending champion. Hey, ya can't win them all. Give Dinwiddie credit for getting the W and be ready for them if ya meet again.
Who isn't accepting the L?

Reactions: southbottomU
All I was saying was the refs were awful and need to be held accountable! You are the one who went there with get a life
Nice meeting you tonight bro. We're really just beating a dead horse with a stick. I know they tried to cheat and others do too but are just too humble to say anything. I knew you'd have to either beat them by 40 or deal with some type of controversy. What I saw tonight was utter BS and luckily the Generals had the hosses to overcome that adversity. Look forward to talking to you in the future and I admire and appreciate what you do with the young people as I want to follow in your path. It is people like you that keep the world a better place, not some internet thug behind a keyboard trolling you. Congrats again, my brother!

Reactions: wahoogen20
No, the last drive they added three seconds because the play went for a first down and they failed to stop the clock. They actually didn't even put back all the time they should have.

You are trying to be nice but you are still salty from a few years ago and you know it. If you only saw missed holds on one side you are obviously biased. Be honest, were you really neutral or did you prefer to see one team win or rather, one team lose?
Well I have friends from both fan bases. I reside in Richmond, though, so I cheer on the 4a teams here in the 804. My father and I also travel the state of Virginia and North Carolina for good high school football games. I thought Salem/Dinwiddie would be good so we came.. Good enough answer? And heck no, why would I be salty for something that happened 3 years ago? I have no affiliation with GW.. Just hate to see a team cheated. I could careless. It's funny that Salem fans are so defensive about officiating when EVERYONE in the state complains. And I don't try to be nice.. Everything I do is with congruence pal. I hope I answered all of your questions.. No, I'm not being a smart azz I just don't want it to be any misunderstanding.

Reactions: gwb16
Nice meeting you tonight bro. We're really just beating a dead horse with a stick. I know they tried to cheat and others do too but are just too humble to say anything. I knew you'd have to either beat them by 40 or deal with some type of controversy. What I saw tonight was utter BS and luckily the Generals had the hosses to overcome that adversity. Look forward to talking to you in the future and I admire and appreciate what you do with the young people as I want to follow in your path. It is people like you that keep the world a better place, not some internet thug behind a keyboard trolling you. Congrats again, my brother!
These guys trip me out attacking me and my profession like they know me. Danville thanks for the kind words. They are a little salty and hurting just a little after tonight's game. Once again the get a life comment shows me what type of person you are free at last. I was only stating my opinion. Last I checked that is what a message board is all about. Believe me Danville I teach my kids about the real world and things that aren't in a book. Things they will need to be successful men and women in life. I have taught many if not all of the COUNTRY BOYS and they are great football players but better people! Great win tonight and it showed what great men they are to get through all the adversity they faced tonight!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
These guys trip me out attacking me and my profession like they know me. Danville thanks for the kind words. They are a little salty and hurting just a little after tonight's game. Once again the get a life comment shows me what type of person you are free at last. I was only stating my opinion. Last I checked that is what a message board is all about. Believe me Danville I teach my kids about the real world and things that aren't in a book. Things they will need to be successful men and women in life. I have taught many if not all of the COUNTRY BOYS and they are great football players but better people! Great win tonight and it showed what great men they are to get through all the adversity they faced tonight!
I love it bro! Dinwiddie is lucky to have you mold and mentor their students. Salute Head Huncho COUNTRY BOY!

First of all let me say that as an official I make mistakes; however, one should never add to a mistake by circumventing a rule.
Yes, the inadvertent whistle call was horrendous, but what made it worse was the do over (rekick). There is nothing in the rules that allows this. In fact, if the ball was blown dead the ball should have been awarded to the team with possession of the ball at the time of the whistle. Both teams got hosed on the same call. What makes the call fishy (not saying it was or was not) was the fact that Ramsey was still moving forward, legs churning in bounds. Why blow the whistle period?

Second, Wahoogen is a very talented young teacher and is not immature. Just as SalemGal said there was likely holding going on by both sides. The clock operator was bad for both sides. Right before the half Dinwiddie punted with 1:12 on the clock. The clock started very late, the ball rolled and was finally touched the clock started just before the touch and then reset to 1:12. Reviewing the play it took about 14 seconds. There was 12 seconds left on the clock when Salem scored. Oops! On one kickoff Ramsey ran from one side to the other for a long return. Three seconds elapsed. Late in the game Salem got hosed by the clock guy.

The last play i want to review is the fourth down Salem stop on Dinwiddie inside the ten. They called Sturdivant short. A review of the play on the live broadcast showed Sturdivant clearly made the necessary yardage.

Even as an official who understands mistakes in games I have to agree that teams of this caliber deserve a crew rated to handle this kind of game. Example: an A rated game Salem vs. Dinwiddie should have an A rated crew. This crew cannot be even a C rated crew and yes "Santa Claus" is ultimately responsible as the white hat. Forget the holds, clock screw ups but the do over? In my officials association a missed rule interpretation would result in a suspension, so anything short of this would be a travesty.

These teams fought their hearts out and there was a plethora of talent on the field. They deserved better.

First of all let me say that as an official I make mistakes; however, one should never add to a mistake by circumventing a rule.
Yes, the inadvertent whistle call was horrendous, but what made it worse was the do over (rekick). There is nothing in the rules that allows this. In fact, if the ball was blown dead the ball should have been awarded to the team with possession of the ball at the time of the whistle. Both teams got hosed on the same call. What makes the call fishy (not saying it was or was not) was the fact that Ramsey was still moving forward, legs churning in bounds. Why blow the whistle period?

Second, Wahoogen is a very talented young teacher and is not immature. Just as SalemGal said there was likely holding going on by both sides. The clock operator was bad for both sides. Right before the half Dinwiddie punted with 1:12 on the clock. The clock started very late, the ball rolled and was finally touched the clock started just before the touch and then reset to 1:12. Reviewing the play it took about 14 seconds. There was 12 seconds left on the clock when Salem scored. Oops! On one kickoff Ramsey ran from one side to the other for a long return. Three seconds elapsed. Late in the game Salem got hosed by the clock guy.

The last play i want to review is the fourth down Salem stop on Dinwiddie inside the ten. They called Sturdivant short. A review of the play on the live broadcast showed Sturdivant clearly made the necessary yardage.

Even as an official who understands mistakes in games I have to agree that teams of this caliber deserve a crew rated to handle this kind of game. Example: an A rated game Salem vs. Dinwiddie should have an A rated crew. This crew cannot be even a C rated crew and yes "Santa Claus" is ultimately responsible as the white hat. Forget the holds, clock screw ups but the do over? In my officials association a missed rule interpretation would result in a suspension, so anything short of this would be a travesty.

These teams fought their hearts out and there was a plethora of talent on the field. They deserved better.

I mean, he flat out said Salem was cheating. Stop asking Salem fans to take it on the chin when people accuse them of cheating.

Reactions: SalemPride
How did you like the broadcast?
Sir, you got great reviews from Dinwiddie fans not in attendance. They said quality work and wirth every penny. Come down to Dinwiddie for the Thomas Dale game. Its going to be very similar to this one.

You are 100% still salty over the GW game from 4 years ago. Were you one of the people on the boards who swore up and down their kids behaved like angels and didn't curse at refs or anything and then mysteriously disappeared when the QB and other players were on Twitter admitting to doing so?

I mean, he flat out said Salem was cheating. Stop asking Salem fans to take it on the chin when people accuse them of cheating.

Hold on 1MoreHokie you have already insinuated we were covering up Popes injury when in fact we did not even find out until we passed the Wal Mart in Bedford. You werent at the game, so you have no opinion.

I have been very respectful to the Salem team and fans. Now, you are putting words in my mouth when in fact I supported some Salem fans opinions about the refs. Pay the money and watch the video. I did say Wahoogen is not immature and is a good teacher, because he is! That statement has nothing to do with Salem at all. I believe I met Freeatlast at William and Mary and he knows where I stand.

There are no excuses to be offered by either team, so as fans we should appreciate what we witnessed. I had a blast tailgating with all of the Salem faithful and even honored my bet with Mike wearing the Salem hat until game time.

Hold on 1MoreHokie you have already insinuated we were covering up Popes injury when in fact we did not even find out until we passed the Wal Mart in Bedford.

I'm sincerely amused that you accused me of putting words in your mouth when you just did that to me. When exactly did I accuse you or any other Dinwiddie fan of covering up his injury and why in Christ's name would that be your next logical step? It's freaking HS football, leave your tinfoil hat at home.

What I said was I was curious why the initial post by Shabutie asking about an injury (to which you or some other Dinwiddie fan said wasn't really a thing and he was simply out as a precaution) and why the next by 3puttcharlie where he said Pope was spotted in a boot were flippantly dismissed. You answered, that was fine, end of discussion. Don't run on here with some BS spouting off about me accusing you guys of hiding an injury. I merely was thinking if he's in a boot and someone last week mentioned the boot how did nobody know he wasn't going to go this week and you said he only got the MRI today so that was all I needed to hear.

You are 100% still salty over the GW game from 4 years ago. Were you one of the people on the boards who swore up and down their kids behaved like angels and didn't curse at refs or anything and then mysteriously disappeared when the QB and other players were on Twitter admitting to doing so?
Yeah, you know me so well tough guy. And I have no idea what you're talking about your last 2 points. If I said anything then I probably said that those guys weren't thugs as you Judge and Jury Salem fans stated.. (80% of that team went to college or military; d*mn tough thugs). You are the only salty I see .. I've said nothing about that game in this thread. Get a life dude.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Yeah, you know me so well tough guy. And I have no idea what you're talking about your last 2 points. If I said anything then I probably said that those guys weren't thugs as you Judge and Jury Salem fans stated.. (80% of that team went to college or military; d*mn tough thugs). You are the only salty I see .. I've said nothing about that game in this thread. Get a life dude.

I'm not sure you know what salty means, judging by how you use it.

Hey, how long are we gonna be waiting on ECU to make the CFP? Heat death of the universe or something a little more in the near future?

Sir, you got great reviews from Dinwiddie fans not in attendance. They said quality work and wirth every penny. Come down to Dinwiddie for the Thomas Dale game. Its going to be very similar to this one.

Awesome, great to hear. We are expanding across the state and working on getting more coverage coming your way. Looking forward to calling another Dinwiddie game again! Great team, coach, and fans!

He did not have a boot on during or after the game. Say what you want. Dinwiddie fans dont attend practices and get inside information about injuries. Personally, I think Coach Mills kept it hush to force Salem to game plan for a healthy Pope. Didvyou guys tell Amherst Ramsey was missing game one. Lol....

The true Salem fans know how classy the Dinwiddie fans acted after our loss last year. Didnt even question Salem not being called for one single penalty in Williamsburg. They played the perfect game and we acknowledged it.

Never would accuse the Salem team of cheating they dont get to pick officials. It is odd the Salem fans know the refs so well. Not their fault, nor is it fair to go there. Heck, one Spartan fan text me and apogized for the officiating. Again not their fault. The Western Valley Officials Associations assignor should never send the same crew chief or crew to any school during any two seasons. The VHSL is going to get the tape and good old Santa Claus will have to answer some tough questions. Probably from both AD'S.

Im done with this. Thanks again to the true Salem fans and the Spartan team. You have a lot to be proud of.

On a positive note, the Dinwiddie fans we met were awesome and very gracious...and that was before the game. Got to talk to Navy and DP before the game, both great people.

Our fumbles cost us big time. Their quarterback is by far more experienced and his short passes were generally on the money. This game could have gone either way. I hope we meet again in December.
Enjoyed seeing you too Spartanforce. By the way, this is Popes third start of his career same as Gladden. Both showed signs of a productive future.

He did not have a boot on during or after the game. Say what you want. Dinwiddie fans dont attend practices and get inside information about injuries. Personally, I think Coach Mills kept it hush to force Salem to game plan for a healthy Pope. Didvyou guys tell Amherst Ramsey was missing game one. Lol....

The true Salem fans know how classy the Dinwiddie fans acted after our loss last year. Didnt even question Salem not being called for one single penalty in Williamsburg. They played the perfect game and we acknowledged it.

Never would accuse the Salem team of cheating they dont get to pick officials. It is odd the Salem fans know the refs so well. Not their fault, nor is it fair to go there. Heck, one Spartan fan text me and apogized for the officiating. Again not their fault. The Western Valley Officials Associations assignor should never send the same crew chief or crew to any school during any two seasons. The VHSL is going to get the tape and good old Santa Claus will have to answer some tough questions. Probably from both AD'S.

Im done with this. Thanks again to the true Salem fans and the Spartan team. You have a lot to be proud of.
I'm glad you enjoyed the game. You rightly pointed out the officiating mistakes and they were bad but outside of clock errors and the very late game stuff I don't think it was as bad as some fans on both sides are making it out to be for a good portion of the game.

One thing that bothered me was what I kept hearing from Dinwiddie fans. I was watching the game from the Dinwiddie side and the very first time they were flagged in the game a bunch of fans immediately said "here we go again, they are going to cheat us like they cheated us last year." Nobody around where I was sitting seemed to give any credit to Salem for last year. In fact, I probably heard the word cheat 100 times BEFORE the debacle at the end of the game and I was sitting mostly around parents of players. There seemed to be a consensus among these 50 or so fans that they got cheated out of the championship game last year and were going to again in this game.

I wish I could have gotten to the game earlier and got interact with more fans because most of the experience I had ended up being negative and I really didn't expect that. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet any fans before or after the championship game either. I did meet a few older fans that were friendly.

Dinwiddie fans know we were not cheated last year and were just simply beaten. There are those who will always be in denial, but hopefully you will not stereo type all of us.

I have to admit I was starting to wonder when the do over occurred and by our sides take Ramsey fumbled right into our guys hands. The Roanoke Times has a great picture of it. Clearly a royal screw up.

I think one of the issues for me is the perception long time Salem opponents have regarding their belief that Salem receives preferential treatment from the officials. Some of this could be jealousy and some parts could be true.

Dinwiddie fans did not follow or even know about preps until 2013, but I can remember the Danville debacle and both sides had good points.

Another factor in this perception relates to a select few Salem posters (not you sir) who say disrespectful, confrontational and demeaning things and when it is returned in kind the entire Salem faithful usually comes out of the wood work to defend them even when they are wrong.

Maybe the Spartan success is the whole problem for some, but our two factions generally respect one another, so lets please keep it that way.

I hope I was not one of the offenders. I fussed more than usual, but never used the word cheat. Besides fans and players cant officiate or make calls. All fans including both sets tonight gripe. Sometimes its just fans msking excuses or their unwillingness to accept the teams failures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT