ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 20. Dinwiddie 25. Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shabutie, just got the stats. Penalty yards were almost identical Dinwiddie 5-47, Salem 5-36. Thanks for being level headed.

Reactions: panther308
How did you like the broadcast?
It was perfect.. i used a USB cord on the laptop through the TV. It buffered one time but that was an issue with the laptop.. clear audio and picture.. you rarely get to see replays in high school football, so thats exciting to see the big plays, like that last catch by dinwiddie.. thanks for the broadcast, enjoyed it.

Navy really cant speak for all Dinwiddie fans but point blank yes we think we were robbed in Williamsburg. And yes most Dinwiddie fans think that. No need to cover it up. It cant change nothing but thats how we feel.

I dont want to start an argument with another fan of my team, but how did we get robbed last year in Williamsburg. With the exception of the phantom offsides call on the spike.

Besides what did the Salem team have to do with that? The VHSL chooses the crews for the finals.

I'm not sure you know what salty means, judging by how you use it.

Hey, how long are we gonna be waiting on ECU to make the CFP? Heat death of the universe or something a little more in the near future?
It's sad that you are bringing up old irrelevant news to this conversation. We were talking about Salem not me! Good luck on the rest of your season playa.

At what point did i say Salem robbed us. I didnt think i said that. If you look at the penalty stats thats a big red flag there. In a big game like that it shouldn't come down to officals calling a onesided game. We can agree to disagree but thats my opinion and you have your opinion. But you just cant speak for all Dinwiddie fans.

You didnt and you are correct I cant speak for all Dinwiddie fans. Have at it my friend. Just trying to keep some peace thats all.

The refs being bad is by far my most favorite fan excuse on any level. Penalties don't exist in a vacuum, do people really not grasp the concept that in a given game their team can just be committing lots of penalties? That the refs don't necessarily need to "hate" your team for them to be called for a lot of penalties? On top of that they also think that for some reason if their team is called for 10 penalties if the other team isn't called for a similar amount then the refs just hated them that day or something, it makes no sense.

Bleeding, as far Salem fans knowing the refs, it's literally just that one guy and it's because he's fat and has a big white beard, he's simply very recognizable and has been reffing for many years, I'm sure plenty of fans across this area know him. The rest are just sore loser excuses from the locals. Salem's been dominant for 30 years and they essentially haven't (the Roanoke area hadn't EVER won a title until Northside got a couple within recent years), it's just them not being able to come to terms with their mediocrity and Salem's success.

Didn't Dinwiddie play without there best player tonight ?
One player does not make a team. And if you're goin
The refs being bad is by far my most favorite fan excuse on any level. Penalties don't exist in a vacuum, do people really not grasp the concept that in a given game their team can just be committing lots of penalties? That the refs don't necessarily need to "hate" your team for them to be called for a lot of penalties? On top of that they also think that for some reason if their team is called for 10 penalties if the other team isn't called for a similar amount then the refs just hated them that day or something, it makes no sense.

Bleeding, as far Salem fans knowing the refs, it's literally just that one guy and it's because he's fat and has a big white beard, he's simply very recognizable and has been reffing for many years, I'm sure plenty of fans across this area know him. The rest are just sore loser excuses from the locals. Salem's been dominant for 30 years and they essentially haven't (the Roanoke area hadn't EVER won a title until Northside got a couple within recent years), it's just them not being able to come to terms with their mediocrity and Salem's success.
I don't think the refs. cost Salem the game. I do think the refs. have some work to do. I hope they will review the film and see where they need to improve. They missed calls on both sides of the ball. It's not so much that Santa has it in for Salem, it's he's just not the best ref. and some of his calls are bad no matter the team playing. He used to ref. Pee Wee games in rec. and the same was true then. I know he's human and people make mistakes, but it just seems like there is always some really bad calls (for both teams) when he's on the crew. It makes it frustrating when you just want to see the kids play.

Dinwiddie played a good game. The refs. had nothing to do with their efforts. Salem made a lot of mistakes. They will learn from them. I'm ready for round 3!

By the way, heck of a game for #32 Blake Williams at defensive end for Dinwiddie. In my opinion, he was the teams defensive MVP in this one.

I don't give a shit if they were making 5 bucks a game. They are asked to do a job to the best of their ability and tonight they failed to do so. They should be held accountable!! Those guys were awful
Exactly, what they make per game shouldn't matter, they are there to make calls it can affect an outcome of a game that matters to kids

Nice meeting you tonight bro. We're really just beating a dead horse with a stick. I know they tried to cheat and others do too but are just too humble to say anything. I knew you'd have to either beat them by 40 or deal with some type of controversy. What I saw tonight was utter BS and luckily the Generals had the hosses to overcome that adversity. Look forward to talking to you in the future and I admire and appreciate what you do with the young people as I want to follow in your path. It is people like you that keep the world a better place, not some internet thug behind a keyboard trolling you. Congrats again, my brother!
Salem Cheats, listen Bud Refs make the calls and that is how it stands simply put. That has nothing to do with Salem or the generals. What does bother me is you say these outrages things and believe them. That would be like bringing up Last time Danville was playing Salem, Danville was getting beat so they started fighting with Salem players and trying to hurt them. I guess the apple does not fall to far away from the tree.

Last edited:
Nice meeting you tonight bro. We're really just beating a dead horse with a stick. I know they tried to cheat and others do too but are just too humble to say anything. I knew you'd have to either beat them by 40 or deal with some type of controversy. What I saw tonight was utter BS and luckily the Generals had the hosses to overcome that adversity. Look forward to talking to you in the future and I admire and appreciate what you do with the young people as I want to follow in your path. It is people like you that keep the world a better place, not some internet thug behind a keyboard trolling you. Congrats again, my brother![/QU. Lol

Salem Cheats, listen Bud Refs make the calls and that is how it stands simply put. That has nothing to do with Salem or the generals. What does bother me is you say these outrages things and believe them. That would be like bringing up Last time Danville was playing Salem, Danville was getting beat so they started fighting with Salem players and trying to hurt them. I guess the apple does not fall to far away from the tree.
Once again another judge and jury Salem fan making assumptions against someone's character.. You don't know me. I never brought up anything about GW Danville in this thread nor have I made any personal attacks.

:I guess Danville,s philosophy is if you can,t beat them try to hurt them. I am sorry Danville but these gernerals are right you cannot speak for them. I know u still have a taste of sour patch still in your mouth, but all things put aside they speak for themselves and yes they are very nice people indeed. So I really don't think they want you speaking for them on their behalf.

You sir Said Salem CHEATS many times , like I said
(That shows your lack character.) it was a great game and each team put it on the line.

:I guess Danville,s philosophy is if you can,t beat them try to hurt them. I am sorry Danville but these gernerals are right you cannot speak for them. I know u still have a taste of sour patch still in your mouth, but all things put aside they speak for themselves and yes they are very nice people indeed. So I really don't think they want you speaking for them on their behalf.
My last post on this thread.. Do you hear yourself? I don't have anything to prove to you.. I love Mike Salem, Dinwiddie Proud and Bleeding Navy like brothers.. They've taken me as a friend. Don't really care what you have to say about my character and integrity cause I'd never say or do ANYTHING to make them look bad or anything to disrespect any of them. I just gave my opinion which could've easily been overlooked. No need for your personal attacks... And Salem cheats? Dang man that's a killer personal attack. I think I've said noted that a lot teams have favorable home field advantages before... Even said GW did. So say what you want..

I'm not sure you know what salty means, judging by how you use it.

Hey, how long are we gonna be waiting on ECU to make the CFP? Heat death of the universe or something a little more in the near future?
About as long as we are going to wait for the Chokies to make the CFP. I guess when playing high school teams like (Delaware and ODU) become part of the equation they will certainly be there then. Those teams will certainly gain them national respect. What a joke.

My last post on this thread.. Do you hear yourself? I don't have anything to prove to you.. I love Mike Salem, Dinwiddie Proud and Bleeding Navy like brothers.. They've taken me as a friend. Don't really care what you have to say about my character and integrity cause I'd never say or do ANYTHING to make them look bad or anything to disrespect any of them. I just gave my opinion which could've easily been overlooked. No need for your personal attacks... And Salem cheats? Dang man that's a killer personal attack. I think I've said noted that a lot teams have favorable home field advantages before... Even said GW did. So say what you want..
You said bring the criticism on. Guess you got what you wanted. You brought it on yourself

About as long as we are going to wait for the Chokies to make the CFP. I guess when playing high school teams like (Delaware and ODU) become part of the equation they will certainly be there then. Those teams will certainly gain them national respect. What a joke.
This is way off topic at this point but its kind of hard to call out VTs OOC schedule when they just played WVU week one in a big game. They just got done playing a home-and-home with Ohio State, have played Alabama twice in recent year, Boise St when they were a powerhouse, LSU, etc.

Guys - Just a friendly reminder... We want as much back-and-forth banter and lively discussion as possible, but let's keep it clean and avoid crossing the line (i.e. getting personal, name calling, derogatory comments)... please use good judgment when posting on here.

If you need a better idea of what's in bounds or out of bounds when posting, review the message forum rules at the link below.

Rivals.com Message Board Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT