ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 21 Patrick Henry 7

Playing earlier pre-snap is the most accepted method and the most respectable. The thinking is if they play right before the snap they're just trying to make noise and disrupt the offense.

I'm pretty sure the opposing team's band is trying to help their own team. What planet are you from? If it affected Salem, maybe they can simulate the scenario in practice...

I'm pretty sure the opposing team's band is trying to help their own team. What planet are you from? If it affected Salem, maybe they can simulate the scenario in practice...
I'm not saying it affects Salem. Most teams aren't affected by bands. I'm just pointing out how most bands operate.

If it didn't affect Salem, this thread is even dumber than I originally thought.

Reactions: OCBoy
I heard the PH band will play Kanye West songs to make the other teams ill...
12h4pgk1SRtLuo.gif

Yup. The referees can warn bands that do this if the opposing team offensive LOS is in front of the band when it happens. Second time it happens, 15-yard penalty. If the referees didn't even warn PH, it must have been fine. Find something else to complain about.

Outside of that very specific circumstance, bands can literally play whenever they want in HS football. Like folks mentioned earlier though, of course smart bands only play when their team is on defense.

Are you positive about that rule? I've asked that question of several officials and they universally stated there is no rule about a band playing at any point during a game. Thus, no penalty can be assessed.

Don't misunderstand me, at the high school level I feel it is very disrespectful and not in keeping with setting the right example for the kids. But, I just don't believe there is a rule against it. I could be wrong, and often am.

I'll dig it up & post it here. I don't think bands trying to influence the game is disrespectful at all. I find most people who think that are stuck in an outdated jock v. nerd mindset.

I'll dig it up & post it here. I don't think bands trying to influence the game is disrespectful at all. I find most people who think that are stuck in an outdated jock v. nerd mindset.
Go to a College game. This does not happen. There's a reason. Because it's classless. Now, some people see this differently. That's OK. Their Mothers are also inbred Cows. Which makes them.".........? Yes! Udderlly useless.

Plus, the Bands are SO much better at the College games. Some can really rock it. BUT THEY DO NOT PLAY WHEN OTHER TEAMS RUN PLAYS!

Go to a College game. This does not happen. There's a reason. Because it's classless. Now, some people see this differently. That's OK. Their Mothers are also inbred Cows. Which makes them.".........? Yes! Udderlly useless.

Plus, the Bands are SO much better at the College games. Some can really rock it. BUT THEY DO NOT PLAY WHEN OTHER TEAMS RUN PLAYS!
I guess this will get his 100th slap on the wrist/post deleted. But that's fine, because page views.

Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
I guess this will get his 100th slap on the wrist/post deleted. But that's fine, because page views.
I have never had a post deleted. I have never been banned. Anything else?

You do not want to go to this playground. Stop. Just stop. Why do you continue to act this way? How could you be so jealous? More importantly. How could you have such little self respect? You cannot win a writing, football or intelligence contest over me. You just can't. I find it commendable that you try but anyone that keeps banging their head into a brick wall has issues. Grow up kid. You played on a very good HS Football team that lost to a better one in the playoffs. Same as this year's team will do.

HS is over. Football is over. You can never be that person again. Be your own man. Make something happen. Love your wife. Love your babies. Make a home and a career. Best of luck to you.

Oh yeah? So where did your "18 year old in a jailhouse" post go? Should I post the screenshot as a reminder? And once again you are amusingly wrong about everything in your post. Stop being a demented lying fruitcake.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16 and OCBoy
Oh yeah? So where did your "18 year old in a jailhouse" post go? Should I post the screenshot as a reminder? And once again you are amusingly wrong about everything in your post. Stop being a demented lying fruitcake.
Yeah. You'll need to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT