ADVERTISEMENT

Salem-Bburg Who you got?

Sep 26, 2001
Very interested to see if the gap has closed any. I have a hunch it has, just not sure if it has narrowed enough to pull the upset. Bburg has a bunch of speed and talent, but the injury bug is starting to show itself.

This one has me intrigued as well. Can Blacksburg not get pushed around this year... Can they keep it close and hit a few big plays. I lean Salem's way but certainly interested in this one

Comparing results so far this season:

Blacksburg 51, Giles 14
Lord Botetourt 26, Blacksburg 22
Blacksburg 47, Amherst County 21
Blacksburg 35, Richlands 17

Salem 38, Amherst County 24
Salem 42, Franklin County 0
Dinwiddie 25, Salem 20
Salem 27, Northside 0

Blacksburg has played a very tough opening schedule to start the season, in my opinion, and will be battle tested when they face Salem.

Both have just one loss - to top notch teams - and have one common opponent - Amherst - thus far.

Should be a good one!

Want to send a shout out to Salem kicker, Nate Craft. Had a 47 yard punt and put one through the uprights on a kickoff in Friday night's game. Kickers traditionally aren't shown a lot of love unless the game is on the line, then they are in a huge, lonely fishbowl.

Both Salem and Blacksburg have great kickers. Would be surprised if special teams doesn't play a huge role in this game.

Comparing results so far this season:

Blacksburg 51, Giles 14
Lord Botetourt 26, Blacksburg 22
Blacksburg 47, Amherst County 21
Blacksburg 35, Richlands 17

Salem 38, Amherst County 24
Salem 42, Franklin County 0
Dinwiddie 25, Salem 20
Salem 27, Northside 0

Blacksburg has played a very tough opening schedule to start the season, in my opinion, and will be battle tested when they face Salem.

Both have just one loss - to top notch teams - and have one common opponent - Amherst - thus far.

Should be a good one!

Is this the best game in 4A statewide next week?

Want to send a shout out to Salem kicker, Nate Craft. Had a 47 yard punt and put one through the uprights on a kickoff in Friday night's game. Kickers traditionally aren't shown a lot of love unless the game is on the line, then they are in a huge, lonely fishbowl.

Both Salem and Blacksburg have great kickers. Would be surprised if special teams doesn't play a huge role in this game.

I heard Blacksburg's kicker committed someone on scholarship... maybe JMU? Can't remember exactly

Blacksburg is averaging almost 39 points per game while Salem is only giving up 11 points per game. Something's gotta give...should be a good one.

Salem has not played well this year so far. Too many mistakes (turnovers, penalties). They have not put a complete game together. Their deep passing game has not been very good, however, this is about the time Salem starts to make some improvement. If they they eliminate the mistakes and start to play consistently on defense they will handle Blacksburg by two scores and make another run at a State title, but if they continue to turn it over and mistakes, the game will be a nail biter that goes down to the last series.

Reactions: SpartanForce
ADVERTISEMENT