ADVERTISEMENT

Salem by 20....

Another matchup to watch is Blacksburg's quick skinnier lbs vs Ramsey.
Another great point @catchtds. If the coaching staff can get him to run north and south before making his cuts and of course to protect the ball Blacksburg will not be able stop Ramsey.

In our game he ran the same play three times in a row and we didnt stop it. Yes, Pope was out, but we have darn good linebackers.

Great matchup.

Reactions: catchtds
When Salem suspended Ramsey last year I didn't think a team could lose that dynamic of a player and still win the State Championship, but Noah Beckley really stepped up and led the Spartans in the playoffs. Ramsey is big (6 1. 215), he very very strong, he is very very fast. His problem has been he does not carry the ball securely. Part of this is because he runs rather straight up and rarely goes down on first contact.

It does look like I'll be able to make it to the game after all. @cb2018 @JOrndorff @skindo @1bburgfan
@MrJHamm

I should be leaving here just after 5 and will probably make it there a little before 6 depending on traffic. I hope I can meet you all before, during, or after the game. I look forward to meeting you and any other Blacksburg faithful and for a competitive ballgame with no injuries.
Cool Mike, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow night. Where are you going to be ?

I guess I'll be sitting on the Blacksburg side in a wheelchair spot. Can't really see from the Visitor's side down low.
Mike , just off the phone with the AD, we do have spots, although they cant reserve a spot , I'll get there early and make sure we have a spot for you. Also Mike come in the middle school entrance to the right , you should find parking from the ticket booth to the pressbox .

Bleednavy, does your thumbs up indicate agreement? Are those two the best you have seen the last two seasons?
Lol. From an athletic standpoint you are correct. They are both "freaks". I saw Dylan Rivers from Sherando last year and he fits into that category as well. I really wanted to see those two collide in Salem this year. Fludd from Monacan is a two way beast as well, but he does it with finesse (qb,db). Ramsey and Pope are just plain physical.

Well that's because you are at Salem every week
Actually that's not completely true. I have checked out a number of games, mostly on line. However, because Salem has gotten to the finals the last three years I Have seen the best 4a in Virginia has to offer. Over the last three seasons the three best football athletes I have seen is Pope from Dinwiddie, Ramsey from Salem and the wide receiver and db from Lake Taylor ( his name escapes me right now). I have not seen the kid from Sherando, maybe I will add him to the list if I get the opportunity to see him.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Actually that's not completely true. I have checked out a number of games, mostly on line. However, because Salem has gotten to the finals the last three years I Have seen the best 4a in Virginia has to offer. Over the last three seasons the three best football athletes I have seen is Pope from Dinwiddie, Ramsey from Salem and the wide receiver and db from Lake Taylor ( his name escapes me right now). I have not seen the kid from Sherando, maybe I will add him to the list if I get the opportunity to see him.
Wayne Davis

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Southbottom, Rivers plays lb at VA Tech. He was a mlb and te last year for Sherando. I saw him play live and he was fun to watch. A ton of tackles, a 60 yard td catch and a few carries for good yardage.

Yes, Wayne Davis was unbelievable. Sedarius Williams and George Ashton rb/lb were that kind of players for Dinwiddie and Sherando in 2013.

Two of my favorites of all time were Sam Rogers and Clayton Cheatham from Hanover. Unbelievable talent and brutal hitters.

2 things my friend, there is certainly a difference in seeing someone in person and online. A video doesn't do it justice, not saying you are wrong, but just a fact. 2nd- Salem being in championship last 3 years and seeing the best TEAM to offer, is quite different than the most impressive player/athlete. There could obviously be others on other teams just as good or better, but because they aren't on as good a team they don't make it that far. Look all over college and there are players from subpar teams in high school, you can't do much about where you attend high school

He is playing on Saturdays as a true freshman now, has a lot of work to do to get to start, but he is itching forward in Blacksburg

Three putt is correct, I am not sure it will be by 20 but Salem is going to beat Blacksburg. 28-14....heard it here first.
If you're right on all of these predictions, I'm gonna have to start playing the lottery and get you to choose the winning numbers for me. Lol

Mike , just off the phone with the AD, we do have spots, although they cant reserve a spot , I'll get there early and make sure we have a spot for you. Also Mike come in the middle school entrance to the right , you should find parking from the ticket booth to the pressbox .
Thank you @1bburgfan I appreciate it.

Reactions: kevtodd5
I was referring to 3putt saying salem would win by 20 because blacksburg has a weak defense. But i guess some times you eat the bear some times the bear eats you. I was hoping salem was gonna pull it out. We need the power points

Reactions: cb2018
Congrats to Blacksburg. Looks like Mr. Beck and Company made a believer out of us all. Nice win against a talented team.

It sounds like Salem didnt come to play tonight. Salem is not done. I am sure they will get it together and move forward. May have to go on the road to do it though.

Best of luck to both teams.

Reactions: mbonape1 and cb2018
Other than the turnovers Dinwiddies field goals were a big factor in the final score. Sometimes I wonder why coaches dont take the fg to go up two scores, especially when you have a proven kicker. Three points is three points.

Yep.

Woodgrove has a weak kicking game this year.

This will be our Achilles heel come playoff time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT