ADVERTISEMENT

Salem cheating?

May 31, 2016
I read a lot about this on the other threads and honestly I do not know one way or the other but I have heard for over 10 years the same thing. Is it jealousy or is it true. The only one I do remember that was the worst call ever was the Salem amherst playoff game. Don't remember the year but I just remember the picture of the wide receiver 5 yards out of bounds and the ref right there calling it a touchdown and amherst lost on a field goal I think. Salem went on to win the state. So it makes you wonder

Reactions: AntGZee
I read a lot about this on the other threads and honestly I do not know one way or the other but I have heard for over 10 years the same thing. Is it jealousy or is it true. The only one I do remember that was the worst call ever was the Salem amherst playoff game. Don't remember the year but I just remember the picture of the wide receiver 5 yards out of bounds and the ref right there calling it a touchdown and amherst lost on a field goal I think. Salem went on to win the state. So it makes you wonder
Just leave it alone. You don't know what your talking about. Hope this is the only response you get. You need to be ignored. Get back under the bridge.

Matt, please delete this thread. I have quit posting, but I did come back to make this request. This has been asked and answered a billion times over the years, and can only lead to more ugliness.

Thank you.

A really bad call happened over 10 years ago. It was possibly the worst call I have ever seen and I think it is something that stayed in people's minds. It created a world where every call was under a microscope and teams assumed they were going to not get a fair shake.

2005 I will never forget it even though it has been over 10 years. It is easier for Salem to forget it but not Amherst

Ok wikki you got your two cents in about that game for the 100th time. Couldn't let it go could ya. Guys like scout should be ignored but you just had to go there again didn't ya

Salem doesn't need to cheat. They are well coached, have outstanding talent, and play the game the right way. The call was horrible, and highly questionable. However, the Spartans had nothing to do with it. If anyone says anything to the contrary, just go watch the game. This was a good football game, with two really good teams. Enough said.

Thank you!! Sick and tired of these shit stirers!

QUOTE="GDUBBS01, post: 262645, member: 6246"]Salem doesn't need to cheat. They are well coached, have outstanding talent, and play the game the right way. The call was horrible, and highly questionable. However, the Spartans had nothing to do with it. If anyone says anything to the contrary, just go watch the game. This was a good football game, with two really good teams. Enough said.[/QUOTE]

The greatest failure of our school system is not explaining the Constitution to students well enough. It is ASTOUNDING how badly people understand it, especially the First.

Maybe they need to do their own homework then. 1sr amendment does give you the freedom of speech, but when you say something untrue or derogatory, that is called slander and/or Defamation, which is AGAINST the 1st amendment.

Maybe they need to do their own homework then. 1sr amendment does give you the freedom of speech, but when you say something untrue or derogatory, that is called slander and/or Defamation, which is AGAINST the 1st amendment.

The First protects speech against the government. It's overwhelming purpose is allowing people to say whatever they want about their government without fear of punishment or retribution. It does not give you the ability to go into a private establishment and say whatever you want without consequence. Freedom of speech does not exist on messageboards unless that is also the viewpoint of the owner, they're free to allow or stop whatever they want. A crazy person who walks into Starbucks and starts shouting racial slurs doesn't get to continue doing so if the manager asks them to leave. The First is not a magical shield which protects your actions from all consequence.

Also just FWIW, provided you make it clear you're asserting an opinion, you can say whatever you want about whomever you want and there's no chance they'll be successful with hitting you with slander. For instance, let's say someone was harassing you because maybe you fired them for being a bad worker. If this guy walked around the outside of your work saying you were a pedophile and beat your wife and misrepresented statements to make it seem as if what he was saying was true then that's slander. However, if the guy walked around and said you're a moron and a jackass then you can't do squat. Slander is very hard to prove in most cases, it's very difficult to go after someone for that. Libel is definitely the easier of the two, although on stuff like a message board where hyperbole and sarcasm run free the context can be difficult at best to determine. At the same token, that is why you see a paper or website of a reporting variety get nailed for libel now and then, because the context is more obvious and people who read something on such a site are likely to take what they read as fact.

Last edited:
Scout1817, I remember the play that you're talking about. Talking about a hose job, Amherst got it that night.

Reactions: wikki
Ok wikki you got your two cents in about that game for the 100th time. Couldn't let it go could ya. Guys like scout should be ignored but you just had to go there again didn't ya
He didn't know the year so yes I brought it up, hard to forget that one

Reactions: AntGZee
I'm a Salem insider. Word on the street is that for decades now the Salem coaching staff has been dumping powerful footballium substances into the fresh water sources around the city, ensuring that the locals will always be bigger than stronger than their competitors.

True story. Don't tell anyone.

I'm a fan of the other Spartans not Salem Spartans but I will answer the original question in this thread

If you call it cheating when Salem kicks your teams asses year in and year out then the answer is yes they cheat lol

Just another jealous idiot of the great program and tradition Salem has

Reactions: SpartanOfYore
Nope you guys did a great job. Kept us from getting to the finals. Learned from it. Got there the next three years. Must have cheated those years

Reactions: Shruikan
Nope you guys did a great job. Kept us from getting to the finals. Learned from it. Got there the next three years. Must have cheated those years
If we can by Woodgrove this year, which will be tough, you will have another chance up here. We will see what happens. One thing for sure is that Mike Salem will be coming to Arrowhead if we host this year, long way to go though

If we can by Woodgrove this year, which will be tough, you will have another chance up here. We will see what happens. One thing for sure is that Mike Salem will be coming to Arrowhead if we host this year, long way to go though
Hammy, did you not see where Mike was featured as a "special" guest on Gameday? Do you realize, with his new elevated status, that he will have ALL Salem playoff games played at Salem Stadium.

For sure.

Have you noticed he hasen't posted much since Friday night? Probably up in Bristol re-negotiating his contract.

Gunz41, you are about to get Mike in more trouble with Salemgal. She got jealous last time Mike talked about his obsession with a red hair, blue eyed "gal".

Besides he probably drank so much gray goose the girl he was referring too probably was a toothless, brunnette with a glass eye.

Gunz41, you are about to get Mike in more trouble with Salemgal. She got jealous last time Mike talked about his obsession with a red hair, blue eyed "gal".

Besides he probably drank so much gray goose the girl he was referring too probably was a toothless, brunnette with a glass eye.
And probably not a girl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT