ADVERTISEMENT

Salem comes back from 32-21 deficit in 4th.

Judge for yourself.

Hopefully he corrects this behavior. It doesn't suit him well. He was recruited as a RB.

If I was to guess, they will redshirt him next year and have him bulk up a bit. He never really impressed me much on the football field. He has track speed but that's about it.
HUH? That is what yall are belly aching over? Telegraph just in.....YALL WON!!! Get over it and worry about the Semis.... SMH

IMO...I dont think he is going to be a threat at RB. I been watching his footwork....I just dont see it. The hip movement it takes to be a great back is not there...I could be wrong.

My question is..From watching the highlights..Didn’t after Ramsey scored that 1st TD did he not look at Blacksburg’s #7, get in his face and talk smack? I don’t care one way or another but a lot of you seem like the pot calling the kettle black. It’s football guys. That’s what guys do. Thing is, Cole Beck will be 10x more successful than half of y’all calling him out :rolleyes:

He looked at him, you and I will never know if something was said. He scored later and calmly ran up to official and flipped him the ball. Don't think those actions are comparable. Have not seen him do anything all year after a score. Now I also think that what Beck did wasnt any big deal. But a lot of fans, most of them older, don't like any kind of demonstration except for celebrating with your teammates. That's why I think the reaction is different between fans.

He looked at him, you and I will never know if something was said. He scored later and calmly ran up to official and flipped him the ball. Don't think those actions are comparable. Have not seen him do anything all year after a score. Now I also think that what Beck did wasnt any big deal. But a lot of fans, most of them older, don't like any kind of demonstration except for celebrating with your teammates. That's why I think the reaction is different between fans.
I don’t think either is a big deal but if you’re going to call one out then you have to call the other out. I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion.

Y’all are to nice and really don’t want to say it but I will....a small percentage of Salem fans on here are ridiculous. That’s the nicest word I could think of.
Thery are not ridiculous, they just have a different sense of right and wrong on the football field. They don't like any out of the ordinary demonstrations after a score. Old school is not ridiculous. Again, I don't think what Beck did was any big deal, but I understand why some may not like it.

Last edited:
I think Beck will be utilized as a slot receiver / slot back / return man.

I don’t think he will be an every down back... not bc he isn’t good enough, but bc he is too small.

He can still have a major impact on the game. If the coaches at tech can't find a way to utilize his WORLD CLASS speed then that is a shame.

Could see him running jet sweeps at tech. Maybe free safety. No punt returns. Maybe kickoff returns

I think Beck will be utilized as a slot receiver / slot back / return man.

I don’t think he will be an every down back... not bc he isn’t good enough, but bc he is too small.

He can still have a major impact on the game. If the coaches at tech can't find a way to utilize his WORLD CLASS speed then that is a shame.
6’1 185 lbs He’ll gain 10-20 lbs of muscle 1st year. College weight program is unbelievable.

Ramsey much bigger. 6 1 215. Stronger, not as fast as Beck, but still fast. Freak athlete

Your point is that...his size means what?
Just a comparison with another good back. Nothing else. Ramsey will probably need to go to prep school or junior college first, but he has great talent. (Would like for him to work on ball security)

Just a comparison with another good back. Nothing else. Ramsey will probably need to go to prep school or junior college first, but he has great talent. (Would like for him to work on ball security)

Totally agree he is a hell of a player but he fumbles too much for my taste. Especially being one of the bigger stronger kids on the high school level.

Everyone has an opinion and its all well in fine, but no ones opinion is the end all, be all! You don't have to agree with what Beck did but to name call and insult a kid or anyone for that matter is crazy to me. I don't agree with my wife putting creamer into her coffee but that shouldn't/doesn't lead to insults.

Everyone has an opinion and its all well in fine, but no ones opinion is the end all, be all! You don't have to agree with what Beck did but to name call and insult a kid or anyone for that matter is crazy to me. I don't agree with my wife putting creamer into her coffee but that shouldn't/doesn't lead to insults.
One person out of thousand of fans put a post on here that was insulting. The rest have been positive.

Reactions: wikki
One person out of thousand of fans put a post on here that was insulting. The rest have been positive.

Yes, but maybe the more people that call it out, it could go away?! Also people hoping that he doesn't step on the field for VT. No matter which capacity he gets on the field, it is good for high school football in the state of Virginia also for Blacksburg High school. I could only hope that some are teenagers by the way they responded instead of adults.

Well said @catchtds. As usual you have spoken up for the young men who play their butts off for our entertainment.

Being recruited and offerred is a huge accomplishment. It takes so much talent, effort, and dedication to get it.

People often are confused about why certain players dont get offers, because they focus solely on talent.

I recently spoke to a high profile recruiter/coach about a good player who only had a few offers and was discouraged. He candidly explained why the player in question was not heavily recruited.

I thought I had a strong grasp of the requirements: Talent, size, coachability, upside, grades, and test scores. None of these factors came into play. This players downfall was social media and his peer choices. The coach basically said the better schools are shying away from athletes who present risk factors.Since I deal with projected risk factors and I understood fully.
Basically, recruits today need to have the full package and be able to effectively communicate. I am not singling out any given player; however, before we fans start asking why, comparing players abilities, or projecting stardom we need to appreciate what the players do off the field, because thats the deciding factor in todays recruiting world.

Well said @catchtds. As usual you have spoken up for the young men who play their butts off for our entertainment.

Being recruited and offerred is a huge accomplishment. It takes so much talent, effort, and dedication to get it.

People often are confused about why certain players dont get offers, because they focus solely on talent.

I recently spoke to a high profile recruiter/coach about a good player who only had a few offers and was discouraged. He candidly explained why the player in question was not heavily recruited.

I thought I had a strong grasp of the requirements: Talent, size, coachability, upside, grades, and test scores. None of these factors came into play. This players downfall was social media and his peer choices. The coach basically said the better schools are shying away from athletes who present risk factors.Since I deal with projected risk factors and I understood fully.
Basically, recruits today need to have the full package and be able to effectively communicate. I am not singling out any given player; however, before we fans start asking why, comparing players abilities, or projecting stardom we need to appreciate what the players do off the field, because thats the deciding factor in todays recruiting world.

Exactly...social media...my advice to kids...STAY OFF of it. All of it. I'd also tell POTUS that, but he won't listen either....soooooo

Exactly...social media...my advice to kids...STAY OFF of it. All of it. I'd also tell POTUS that, but he won't listen either....soooooo
IF a kid can be smart about using social media, it can be one heck of a marketing tool in the recruiting process. Reaching out to hundreds of coaches, posting film, etc. on Twitter can lead to interests and from interests may come offers. However, the kid has to be even smarter about the company he keeps because all it takes is one "like" or one "reTweet" of the wrong thing and he's done for.

IF a kid can be smart about using social media, it can be one heck of a marketing tool in the recruiting process. Reaching out to hundreds of coaches, posting film, etc. on Twitter can lead to interests and from interests may come offers. However, the kid has to be even smarter about the company he keeps because all it takes is one "like" or one "reTweet" of the wrong thing and he's done for.

Beck is a perfect example of having the entire packet. No risk with talent. He, his parents, coaches and advisors should be commended. Did it right and it paid off.

This whole thing has gotten out of hand. I'm not a celebration guy, I like to see a player just hand the ball to official, but what I like doesn't matter. If it's not something that is disrespectful then what is the problem. I didn't see anything bad in the clip, but the one that looked the worst to me was the Salem kid shaking people off and at least in face of the opponent. That still isn't bad to me.

But to speak badly about a kid is despicable. And whether anyone likes to think it or not, when you posting on a message board you are representing your team/school/community. So when teams get talked about on here and about their fans, the representation of posters is taken into account. That doesn't mean that all the fans from an area are like that, maybe only a few (which every school has), and there are great posters on here from Salem that make up for it, but it's only natural to take that into account. The Salem fans that I have met were great, so I have that to fall back on and dont judge Salem off of it. But what about the schools that don't have the lot of posters like Salem. Now while I have never seen a problem, except for disagreeing with an opinion, with @AdvocateOfMany434, many people on the 2a board insult him and his views, which is wrong. But for a good while, he was the only poster from Appomattox. Those people who insulted him probably took the view that Appomattox was just like him, when he is a nice guy, and all the ones I met there were great.

So moral to the rant is that one "fan/troll" can give an area a bad name because of the horrible things they say on here (rightly or not). What makes this instance even worse is that the poster is not just a fan, but a radio guy, so how much of these thought processes goes out to people not affiliated on this board. He also has AT LEAST 2 names.

For all the other Salem fans, I am sorry you have to deal with this issue, because it should be about your amazing program and all the great posters on here. Even my buddy @1MoreHokie, we may have had a disagreement about something, but I still think he is a wonderful poster and knowledgeable so he is a great to have on here

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
PERFECT RESPONSE! I agree 100%....but when you are dealing with hormone enraged kids...stupidity...no...not stupidity...immaturity often wins out.

Reactions: cb2018
Totally agree he is a hell of a player but he fumbles too much for my taste. Especially being one of the bigger stronger kids on the high school level.

It's really not. It was one game, which happened to be against a recognizable opponent, that's given this narrative that he fumbles 40 times a season. Dinwiddie aside, Ramsey has fumbled no more or less in the last two years than any other RB Salem's had at any time. He has poor ball security at times (this has improved for the most part) but the fumbling part is just myth based off one game.

It's really not. It was one game, which happened to be against a recognizable opponent, that's given this narrative that he fumbles 40 times a season. Dinwiddie aside, Ramsey has fumbled no more or less in the last two years than any other RB Salem's had at any time. He has poor ball security at times (this has improved for the most part) but the fumbling part is just myth based off one game.

Well you would know better than me... I guess I just caught the wrong game. Didn't he fumble a bunch in the Blacksburg game I did see that one too but I can't remember?

He is a hell of a player regardless!

Last edited:
So says the Gile’s legend in nobody’s mind but his own.

Sorry to hurt your feelings pal and upset you but I did say IN MY OPINION...get over it

And there are some legends in Giles but you are right in not one of them...but some played in the 6 previous years to this one when they took it to your beloved bruins

Hope you aren't upset anymore pal

Now while I have never seen a problem, except for disagreeing with an opinion, with @AdvocateOfMany434, many people on the 2a board insult him and his views, which is wrong. But for a good while, he was the only poster from Appomattox. Those people who insulted him probably took the view that Appomattox was just like him, when he is a nice guy, and all the ones I met there were great.

I think this was a compliment.....sorta kinda..LOL

I give strong opinions and it rubs people the wrong way at times. I have people come up to me at games saying. "Thank you for saying that on the boards" or "about time someone said that." I also have Appo folk say they they dont like me bickering with SWVA fans on here. Well...I cant be liked both ways. Never been one to be liked by everyone so I STAY TRUE TO MYSELF. For the most part....Giles fans hate my guts due to me being so vocal about the horn and the "worst reffed game I have ever seen" in 2013....but i do respect the Powerhouse program they have built, even though I hate the single wing. Other than that...there are a few Richlands fans that resent me at times.

More than likely I will be on the 4A-6A pages in upcoming years being that I am in Hampton. I will keep an eye on Appo, but I will be far from the "in the know" person, but I have plenty of contacts there to find out info if need be. Plus.....I will always support my hometown team and Doug Smith (Genuine man that I have been blessed with in knowing).

I think this was a compliment.....sorta kinda..LOL

I give strong opinions and it rubs people the wrong way at times. I have people come up to me at games saying. "Thank you for saying that on the boards" or "about time someone said that." I also have Appo folk say they they dont like me bickering with SWVA fans on here. Well...I cant be liked both ways. Never been one to be liked by everyone so I STAY TRUE TO MYSELF. For the most part....Giles fans hate my guts due to me being so vocal about the horn and the "worst reffed game I have ever seen" in 2013....but i do respect the Powerhouse program they have built, even though I hate the single wing. Other than that...there are a few Richlands fans that resent me at times.

More than likely I will be on the 4A-6A pages in upcoming years being that I am in Hampton. I will keep an eye on Appo, but I will be far from the "in the know" person, but I have plenty of contacts there to find out info if need be. Plus.....I will always support my hometown team and Doug Smith (Genuine man that I have been blessed with in knowing).

It was a compliment. My point was that others not liking you doesn't mean you aren't a good guy and if you were bad, you still don't represent every fan. I dont mind you a bit

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT