ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Fans

one man

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
First off, congrats to Salem on the victory Friday Night. Ramsey is special and the staff implemented a great plan to stop our running game and the players executed it to the tune of 69 yards on 30 carries. We came in averaging 378 rushing per game and 72 passing per game. Ended up polar opposite with 69 rushing and 386 passing.

To all the people wondering, Salem is still Salem. Not quite as talented top to bottom as the past few years, missing that dominant inside backer and not quite the team speed defensively they've had recently. Defensive backfield isn't as suspect as fans make them seem. Our scheme makes you pick your poison and they sold out on stopping the run thus opening up the deep ball. Against normal spread or pro style teams, those DBs will be fine.

QB can make all the throws but lacks mobility. Ramsey is probably the best RB they've had since Parker, his combination of size and speed is rare. The discipline, effort, and lunchpail mentality is still there in all 3 phases of the game. Those things alone will make them a tough out for anybody. Will take a talented team that doesn't make any mistakes to beat them. I don't think Salem will win it all but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. They have a tough matchup this week, we'll see just how good or bad their defense is against a more traditional/balanced offense of GW. Good Luck Spartans!

First off, congrats to Salem on the victory Friday Night. Ramsey is special and the staff implemented a great plan to stop our running game and the players executed it to the tune of 69 yards on 30 carries. We came in averaging 378 rushing per game and 72 passing per game. Ended up polar opposite with 69 rushing and 386 passing.

To all the people wondering, Salem is still Salem. Not quite as talented top to bottom as the past few years, missing that dominant inside backer and not quite the team speed defensively they've had recently. Defensive backfield isn't as suspect as fans make them seem. Our scheme makes you pick your poison and they sold out on stopping the run thus opening up the deep ball. Against normal spread or pro style teams, those DBs will be fine.

QB can make all the throws but lacks mobility. Ramsey is probably the best RB they've had since Parker, his combination of size and speed is rare. The discipline, effort, and lunchpail mentality is still there in all 3 phases of the game. Those things alone will make them a tough out for anybody. Will take a talented team that doesn't make any mistakes to beat them. I don't think Salem will win it all but I wouldn't be shocked if they did. They have a tough matchup this week, we'll see just how good or bad their defense is against a more traditional/balanced offense of GW. Good Luck Spartans!

@one man you got a tough draw for round one. I saw the game on gamedaymag.com. You guys fought hard and kept playing the whole game. Kudos for that and C’ville has some pretty good ball players. Looking forward to continued progress from the C’ville program. Lots to be proud of!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT