ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Fans

Bfootball08

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 19, 2007
Could any of you guys give me a report on how the Brookville-Salem benefit game went tonight. Once again couldn't get up there from Lynchburg being hung up at work. Thanks guys.

Salem won 55-0. Was just a total mismatch.

I thought Brookville had a lot of young players coming back this year. Did they end up losing some expected players from the team?

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Ok thanks guys I had hoped the Bees would have had a better showing but not real surprised at that final. They did lose a few really good players to transfer but it sounds like it wouldn't have mattered tonight anyway. Lineburg and Woody have a lot of work to do.

Salem in mid season form... #78 freshman Jake James 6'6 290 BEAST.... .I left early... Brookville isn't a. Bad team salem is just very good. Kicking game needs work.... should b a great match up at L.C.A.final score I don't know but it could ha v e been 55 -0
Does anyone have the sizes of the O and D lines? They looked bigger.

Salem in mid season form... #78 freshman Jake James 6'6 290 BEAST.... .I left early... Brookville isn't a. Bad team salem is just very good. Kicking game needs work.... should b a great match up at L.C.A.final score I don't know but it could ha v e been 55 -0
Roster lists him at 6'2" 275. That seems more accurate. I've seen him several times the last couple of weeks and he definitely doesn't look 6'6. He's still growing and ultimately he might end up that big, but not yet. He's a player though for sure!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Ok thanks guys I had hoped the Bees would have had a better showing but not real surprised at that final. They did lose a few really good players to transfer but it sounds like it wouldn't have mattered tonight anyway. Lineburg and Woody have a lot of work to do.
I think Salem just made them look that bad. Unfortunately, I don't see Brookville winning any more than 3-5 games. I saw Heritage last night against Fleming. With that QB I could see them winning 6-8 games. I could be wrong on both, but that’s my read. I should see LCA next week. I like getting to see these Seminole teams. Might see Glass or JF in the playoffs as well.

Does anyone have the sizes of the O and D lines? They looked bigger.
DL

DE #34 Dontay Davis 5'11" 220lbs
DL #67 Dorian Vance 6' 270lbs
NG #78 Jake James 6'2" 275lbs
DE #7 John Douglas 6' 211lbs

OL

LT #64 Joseph Doyle 6' 256lbs
LG #62 DJ Lynch 6'1" 212lbs
C #71 Kevin Easley 5'9" 256lbs
RG #67 Dorian Vance 6' 270lbs
RT #55 Jackson Bryie 6' 273lbs
TE #10 Jack Camper 6'2" 220lbs

Roster lists him at 6'2" 275. That seems more accurate. I've seen him several times the last couple of weeks and he definitely doesn't look 6'6. He's still growing and ultimately he might end up that big, but not yet. He's a player though for sure!
With cleats and helmet he looks 6'6, but I'm only 5 '9 so everybody looks 6 6 to me...lol...when they over sweep to his side God help the D.E.

I think Salem just made them look that bad. Unfortunately, I don't see Brookville winning any more than 3-5 games. I saw Heritage last night against Fleming. With that QB I could see them winning 6-8 games. I could be wrong on both, but that’s my read. I should see LCA next week. I like getting to see these Seminole teams. Might see Glass or JF in the playoffs as well.
Thanks for your take on the game Mike and your honest opinion. Unfortunately we are not the Brookville of old anymore and I think a lot of Bees fans were expecting Lineburg to perform a miracle in a years time, just not gonna happen. And why in the world they keep scheduling you guys every year for a scrimmage or benefit game just goes beyond me. It does nothing but break the kids down to start the season every year.

DL

DE #34 Dontay Davis 5'11" 220lbs
DL #67 Dorian Vance 6' 270lbs
NG #78 Jake James 6'2" 275lbs
DE #7 John Douglas 6' 211lbs

OL

LT #64 Joseph Doyle 6' 256lbs
LG #62 DJ Lynch 6'1" 212lbs
C #71 Kevin Easley 5'9" 256lbs
RG #67 Dorian Vance 6' 270lbs
RT #55 Jackson Bryie 6' 273lbs
TE #10 Jack Camper 6'2" 220lbs
Not enormous, but big, and very consistent size wise. Especially for high school ball. What caught my eye was the heights. With a program like Salem’s they can beef the guys up with diet and strength training. But there is not much you can do to make them taller.

He definitely has crazy potential. You can count the number of freshmen that have ever started on Salem's varsity roster on one hand and I'm pretty sure he is the only lineman to ever do this. Starts on defense and easily could start on offense too if they wanted him to.

Reactions: mike salem
Thanks for your take on the game Mike and your honest opinion. Unfortunately we are not the Brookville of old anymore and I think a lot of Bees fans were expecting Lineburg to perform a miracle in a years time, just not gonna happen. And why in the world they keep scheduling you guys every year for a scrimmage or benefit game just goes beyond me. It does nothing but break the kids down to start the season every year.
I can see both sides. I think both coaching staffs know the other was going to be well coached, athletic and physical. So it was a good matchup for both. However your right when it gets to the point it has been the last few years it doesn’t do much for the losing side. You can only tell your kids so many times” keep your head up. Salem is one of the best teams in the state”. Problem is the Seminole is full of playoff teams that Brookville will see week in and week out.

Reactions: Bfootball08
He definitely has crazy potential. You can count the number of freshmen that have ever started on Salem's varsity roster on one hand and I'm pretty sure he is the only lineman to ever do this. Starts on defense and easily could start on offense too if they wanted him to.
That's an interesting trivia question. I'm supposing you mean were a regular starter as opposed to a game or two. Freshman starters that I could come up with: Stephen Magenbauer, Brad Bradley, Jamie Garst, Matt Anderson, Dennis Haley, Matt Otey, Andre Hairston, and Chauncey Logan. Also as you pointed out none of these players were linemen.

Who should they be starting? I know Lincoln McDaniel is a "legacy" guy because his brother Drake was a solid QB for Brookville a couple of years ago, but curious what you think.
#17 has a better arm, the 2nd string recievers made him look bad because they dropped everything.

He definitely has crazy potential. You can count the number of freshmen that have ever started on Salem's varsity roster on one hand and I'm pretty sure he is the only lineman to ever do this. Starts on defense and easily could start on offense too if they wanted him tol
That's an interesting trivia question. I'm supposing you mean we're a regular starter as opposed to a game or two. Freshman starters that I could come up with: Stephen Magenbauer, Brad Bradley, Jamie Garst, Matt Anderson, Dennis Haley, Matt Otey, Andre Hairston, and Chauncey Logan. Also as you pointed out none of these players were linemen.
Andre didn't ever start as a freshman that I can remember but he did come in on some pass rushing situations at defensive end very late in the year.

AJ Dowell did start at corner his freshman year but then stopped playing football to focus on basketball the rest of high school.

He definitely has crazy potential. You can count the number of freshmen that have ever started on Salem's varsity roster on one hand and I'm pretty sure he is the only lineman to ever do this. Starts on defense and easily could start on offense too if they wanted him tol

Andre didn't ever start as a freshman that I can remember but he did come in on some pass rushing situations at defensive end very late in the year.

AJ Dowell did start at corner his freshman year but then stopped playing football to focus on basketball the rest of high school.
You very well could be right. I was thinking after the first 3-5 games in 01 the senior tailback was benched for a number of reasons and Andre started the rest of the way. As far as AJ, I was thinking he was a two way starter (corner and receiver) as a soph. and then gave up football. His freshman year, if I'm remembering correctly, was the 00 season. That was Keith Schwizer and Nathan White starting at corner. Fully acknowledge I may have my years mixed up. Old age plays tricks on the memory :)

Bottom line e salem is in a league of its own... other than fleming and maybe p.h. nobody can line up with them in the valley... byrd and botty won't play them.... Brookville was way out. matched could have been 80 to 0....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT