ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Folks

knightfan64

VaPreps Varsity
Sep 11, 2007
going up to D3 title game on Friday night with a couple of kids, where is a decent, inexpensive place to eat near the stadium?

Wanted to say to Salem fans, I think it's a shame the Stagg Bowl is not returning next year to Salem! Wonderful facility, great game, great atmosphere, and being a small 2A guy I loved your stadium! Hope eventually the Stagg Bowl will come back home because I'd love to make it an annual trip

I think it'll work its way back to Salem in the next 8-10 years. The NCAA made it clear they want these games to be more mobile so nobody's going to be able to hold onto it like that again but my guess is given how the D3 landscape is set up you'll probably see it go between Ohio, Texas, Virginia, and maybe somewhere decently north like Wisconsin or Minnesota.

The 500 mile rule I think will eventually weed out Texas as its site. NCAA doesn't like to pay for too many airplanes. They try to limit them as much as possible in the postseason, for example, in 2013 hampden-Sydney and Maryville were put in a pod with Linfield (OR) and a team from Washington state. H-SC and Maryville were pretty much the 3 and the 4 but they played each other in round one to avoid two trips to West Coast on NCAA money. Imagine if VHSL paid for your travel to playoff games!

ADVERTISEMENT