ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Football Fans page on Facebook

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
At the behest of a very smart person, I started a Salem Football Fans Facebook page. It is a closed group, but if you would like to join just send me a request and I'll add you. It's a place to post our Salem stuff that obviously annoys our fellow posters. If enough people join and participate it will be a win-win for everyone. It will give Salem lifers a place to share & maybe lighten the load on the board of all of the annoying Salem talk.

At the behest of a very smart person, I started a Salem Football Fans Facebook page. It is a closed group, but if you would like to join just send me a request and I'll add you. It's a place to post our Salem stuff that obviously annoys our fellow posters. If enough people join and participate it will be a win-win for everyone. It will give Salem lifers a place to share & maybe lighten the load on the board of all of the annoying Salem talk.
Sign me up....

I would miss the Salem banter. In general, they're knowledgable of the game and very supportive of their team. But sometimes, the wide eyed expectations and enthusiasm from the Spartan football bubble does rub those familiar with football in the rest of the State the wrong way. So, it may be best to keep within their own kind. Colleges do it all the time. HokieHaven is just an example but be forewarned. Just as it can be a wonderfully happy place at times, it can also be far uglier than anything we encounter on the VAPreps board. GL with it Mike.

I would miss the Salem banter. In general, they're knowledgable of the game and very supportive of their team. But sometimes, the wide eyed expectations and enthusiasm from the Spartan football bubble does rub those familiar with football in the rest of the State the wrong way. So, it may be best to keep within their own kind. Colleges do it all the time. HokieHaven is just an example but be forewarned. Just as it can be a wonderfully happy place at times, it can also be far uglier than anything we encounter on the VAPreps board. GL with it Mike.
There will still be Salem posts just maybe not as many.

Speaking on behalf of the grumpy, I actually think there has not been as many annoying Salem posts this year. I know it is difficult when you play people primarily outside of your own classification. There is the urge to post on 4A and 3A about the same topic on the same game. But it seems most of the Salem talk has stayed on the 4A board this year, so it does not make it seem like every post is about Salem.

Amherst has several facebook pages as well, I think most schools do.

Reactions: momomule
What is the Group name?
Salem Football Fans

Re: the wide eyed expectations and enthusiasm from the Spartan football bubble

Guessing there will be no maroon pom poms for you at the next pep rally. :)

I found it. I just put "Salem Football Fans" in the search window at the top, and it said Closed Group 53 members. And the administrator was a guy named Mike, so I am guessing that is the one.

You guys aren't annoying!

I envy your passion and commitment to your football team!

I hope some more Woodgrove & LoCo fans will join up to give us their .02 !

Reactions: mike salem
Mike, this has been great. Such a fun page of great pics, etc. If you haven't signed on, do because you will enjoy it.

Mike, this has been great. Such a fun page of great pics, etc. If you haven't signed on, do because you will enjoy it.
Sorry my phone died just got it on the charger trying to play catch up. We are over 100 members now in just a few days thanks to you! Great idea you had to start it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Potter
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT