ADVERTISEMENT

Salem football history

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
I know many of you hate this type of post, but the Salem community is very proud of their Spartans for a number of reasons, but their consistent success is high on the list. During the last 35 years (the White/Magenbauer era) the Spartans have had amazing success. The first five years the Spartans were establishing the program they went 39-13-3, the next ten they went 104-24, the next ten 111-16, and the last ten 110-20 for a total of 364-73-3. Now I know all you old geezers probably know this, but there are always a lot of new and or young posters that don't. Personally I find it truly amazing and have tried to figure out how Salem could do this in a city of 25,000 in an area that is not blessed with the kind of talent pool usually found in other places like Tidewater. Now before someone says recruiting , that myth has been debunked for a long time so think again.A ten year run is amazing, twenty years is spectacular, but 35, in a public school, is unfathomable. If this post bothers you, ignore it and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT