ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Getting Bullied

No excuses, but just for your knowledge. Best defensive player Zavione Woods not playing. Starting right tackle did not dress, another offensive lineman got hurt in first quarter. Salem has had their chances.

When your defensive line and offensive line is twice as big thats a gimmie Martinsburg fans u guys played well and have a great team, but this is prob the worst team salem has had in about 10 years. No offensive line and no size.

So where does that leave Salem in 4A? Worst team in ten years has to put them way down the list for contention this year right?

Bc eagle this martinsburg team is real biggest line in ever seen period ever with plenty of speed. Salem should be fine I got them playing EC glass this year

Reactions: SFUWO
You are being a bit over dramatic then. This Martinsburg team isn’t the best one they have had either. If this is the worst team Salem has had in 10 years they have no chance against Glass.

Reactions: Rev_Real
So where does that leave Salem in 4A? Worst team in ten years has to put them way down the list for contention this year right?
Not the worst team in 10 yrs. Martinsburg will make you look bad. Then again Salem was up 7-6 at the half against the Demons and down 21-7 to PH in the first half. Depends on matchups in the playoffs. I would say Salem makes at least regional championship game.

No man I am a Tuscarora guy and we beat them both years we played them. They always look the same BIG and FAST. Tremendous program just like Salem.

Reactions: gwb16 and SFUWO
No man I am a Tuscarora guy and we beat them both years we played them. They always look the same BIG and FAST. Tremendous program just like Salem.
I talked to a kid that played in those games. He's at WVU now .Said Tuscarora had a really good tightend

WVA football overall is pretty bad BUT Martinsburg is really good and and has been really good for a long time. They can play with anyone at any level in VA. Props to Salem for playing this game.

When your defensive line and offensive line is twice as big thats a gimmie Martinsburg fans u guys played well and have a great team, but this is prob the worst team salem has had in about 10 years. No offensive line and no size.
Any other year and Salem would have just used Martinsburg as toilet paper. Let’s be honest, Salem can usually beat Virginia Tech but it’s a down year for the Spartans.

Mike u got that right there hardest team they play all year this year was us. They had way to muchsize we should have scored 28.

Any other year and Salem would have just used Martinsburg as toilet paper. Let’s be honest, Salem can usually beat Virginia Tech but it’s a down year for the Spartans.
What are you talking about? It's one regular season game. SMH

I'll put it like this , some Salem teams would have gaven then a run for there money 2015 would have given them Fits

Mike u got that right there hardest team they play all year this year was us. They had way to muchsize we should have scored 28.
2 turnovers in the red zone hurt but Salem gets another shot at them next yr

Well he is wrong, granted some Salem teams in the past would have given them Fits 2015 team for 1

I have no idea what VAtuffTurf is talking about. Very dramatic.
It was a little hyperbole. Referring back to homenabroad comment

“great Martinsburg team BUT...this is Salem’s worst team in 10 years.

Reminds me of Will Ferrell in Talledega Nights when he says “with all do respect and then makes an insult. It’s like yea Martinsburg your good but this was Salem’s worst team in 10 years so we would likely beat you any other time.

I never said they would any other time, I was saying many other Salem teams would of given them problems.

Looks like Salem’s getting that ass whooped tonight.
You are truly a idiot (Rob). I give Salem credit because they are not intimidated to schedule a team of that caliber. Unlike PC that scheduled Bassett and Byrd (real powerhouses). There is not a team West of Charlottesville that could beat Martinsburg from what I seen IMO. Maybe you should talk to your buddy and hero Coach James and see if he can get Martinsburg on schedule next cycle. I think you should stick to girls softball. CLOWN...

I am just letting you know what all the teams in NOVA including Sherando know about Martinsburg. Can’t get better unless you play against the best and Martinsburg in top notch. Keep your head on a swivel to the North is all I am saying.

Reactions: gwb16 and one man
I honestly thought this Salem team gave MB problems. Several times Salem had a wide out get behind coverage. The fullback dive was killing it too.
MB defense is good but it’s their endless supply of weapons on offense that make it tough for anyone to keep up.

VaTurff I agree I was referring to Tucker and Deangelo ramsey Coleman Fox etc etc, I think we would had more chances with pure Talent like those kids that I named that is why I said 2015

I've been saying all year that Salem was not an elite team. They have serious weaknesses. Elite teams like Martinsburg will handle them. Good teams will give them fits. Martinsburg is very good. Big and fast. Reminded me of Lake Taylor 2014/2015. Salem needed Zavione Woods and their right tackle but this wouldn't have changed the outcome, just the final score by a few points. One thing I do want to ask Salems defensive coordinator: Can we stop the jet sweep just once this year? I mean just one stop of a jet sweep would make me feel a lot better about our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT