ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Martinsburg, WV 2019

Can't wait to hear the comments on the Martinsburg game. This should be good. Someone pass me the popcorn please.:D

Reactions: CavsGrad
2020 might be a decent game. At least they had the common sense to not make it week 2 like recent foolishness.

2020 might be a decent game. At least they had the common sense to not make it week 2 like recent foolishness.
Why the negativity? Do you kick your dog everyday? Common sense? Almost every team in VA plays their OOD games in the first three weeks. Do I sense a little frustration over early losses this and last year. News flash to the Salem A.D. @1MoreHokie says you should schedule cupcakes until they have worked out all the kinks. Is that the common sense you are speaking of? Salem is a good club and well coached. They should be ready from jump street.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Why the negativity? Do you kick your dog everyday? Common sense? Almost every team in VA plays their OOD games in the first three weeks. Do I sense a little frustration over early losses this and last year. News flash to the Salem A.D. @1MoreHokie says you should schedule cupcakes until they have worked out all the kinks. Is that the common sense you are speaking of? Salem is a good club and well coached. They should be ready from jump street.

And all those teams are scheduling based off foolishness. There is no district title anymore. Your district record has NO effect whatsoever on how you make the playoffs thus the scheduling is just old people scared to do something new. Doesn't matter when a game is played now, at least in 4A.

And of course I don't want them done early, Salem is a very mediocre team early in the year. They have a 9-6 record in the last 3 years alone for first half of the season records. Mags has 26 losses and 11 of those are from the first half of the season. They're decidedly average in September and October and this is a known fact. I would virtually guarantee you if they played Martinsburg for a decade in September they'd be 1-9 at best. They are not well prepared early in the year and the opponent doesn't even need to be phenomenally good either.

Stop this nonsense, Salem is far from invincible and you should know better as a coach. Games are good if there's a tangible benefit. When VT scheduled Nebraska, this was a good move because they benefited from playing against a team with similar talent. When VT scheduled Alabama (twice), this was foolishness and VT got their brains bashed in for 60 minutes and it did nothing to further their success. Salem will be marginally better in 2019 and should be a much better team in 2020, hence my comment.

Why do you always bust old people balls. You are quite disrespectful. Would you tell the Salem A.D. King he was foolish and old? Your argument is a valid one based on facts,. Good stuff, but you are obviously an entitlef youngen who acts tough behind a keyboard.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Why do you always bust old people balls. You are quite disrespectful. Would you tell the Salem A.D. King he was foolish and old? Your argument is a valid one based on facts,. Good stuff, but you are obviously an entitlef youngen who acts tough behind a keyboard.

I would absolutely tell King this was a stupid time to schedule a team of that quality. Would have rather seen them pick LB or Byrd back up and schedule Martinsburg in the future.

Then do it! Make sure you call him old and foolish youngen. Thats the problem with todays bucks. Think you can say what you want without consequence. Got to have your way huh? Please post the video of your conversation with King. Sure he gives a rip about what you think. Lol Mike feel free to bench me, but @1MoreHokie suffers from awdd. Yeah thats right! His parents didnt wear his butt out enough as a kid.

Then do it! Make sure you call him old and foolish youngen. Thats the problem with todays bucks. Think you can say what you want without consequence. Got to have your way huh? Please post the video of your conversation with King. Sure he gives a rip about what you think. Lol Mike feel free to bench me, but @1MoreHokie suffers from awdd. Yeah thats right! His parents didnt wear his butt out enough as a kid.

lmao how are you this mad over nothing.

Not mad at all brother. Watching a heck of a game in RVA. 21-7 Henrico over Varina. Florida commit J. Jones just scrambled for a 73 yard house call. Just dont like how every time someone talks about the old days or says something you dont like you use the old guy card. No one has called you out before on it so I did. Will leave you alone with a bit of advice. You are a smart cat and you offer excellent bullets. Actually immensely enjoy some of your replies No need to be trifling.

I would absolutely tell King this was a stupid time to schedule a team of that quality. Would have rather seen them pick LB or Byrd back up and schedule Martinsburg in the future.
LB and Byrd were out of the question. Both of their schedules for next cycle was booked. The AD sent out request to all teams. One team replied but it was not the right week. Martinsburg wasted no time agreeing to play Salem. Big props to their AD

LB and Byrd were out of the question. Both of their schedules for next cycle was booked. The AD sent out request to all teams. One team replied but it was not the right week. Martinsburg wasted no time agreeing to play Salem. Big props to their AD
Like Hamspear said , Martinsburg will play all comers , not afraid of anybody .

Maybe lB and Byrd won't play them right now. In fact it's not maybe. Byrd back on schedule 2021

And all those teams are scheduling based off foolishness. There is no district title anymore. Your district record has NO effect whatsoever on how you make the playoffs thus the scheduling is just old people scared to do something new. Doesn't matter when a game is played now, at least in 4A.

And of course I don't want them done early, Salem is a very mediocre team early in the year. They have a 9-6 record in the last 3 years alone for first half of the season records. Mags has 26 losses and 11 of those are from the first half of the season. They're decidedly average in September and October and this is a known fact. I would virtually guarantee you if they played Martinsburg for a decade in September they'd be 1-9 at best. They are not well prepared early in the year and the opponent doesn't even need to be phenomenally good either.

Stop this nonsense, Salem is far from invincible and you should know better as a coach. Games are good if there's a tangible benefit. When VT scheduled Nebraska, this was a good move because they benefited from playing against a team with similar talent. When VT scheduled Alabama (twice), this was foolishness and VT got their brains bashed in for 60 minutes and it did nothing to further their success. Salem will be marginally better in 2019 and should be a much better team in 2020, hence my comment.

I'm guessing you mean 26 losses total, including playoffs. Your stat/record there just looks funny when you say he has 26 losses and 11 are in 1st half of season. If it includes playoffs then makes more sense, if not then that would be less losses than the 2nd half.

I'm guessing you mean 26 losses total, including playoffs. Your stat/record there just looks funny when you say he has 26 losses and 11 are in 1st half of season. If it includes playoffs then makes more sense, if not then that would be less losses than the 2nd half.

Regular season. He's 64-11 in the first half of the regular season, 64-6 for the second half of the regular season and 35-9 in POs.

Oh boy this will be a good one. Coach Magenbauer and Coach Walker are the two best I've ever seen on the opposing side of the field.

I just want to see what the hype is about for Martinsburg. Salem returns some talent next year as from what I’ve read they are young in the skill areas and generally they put together a good front offensively and defensively with some big names or no names. Salem has been efficient and successful historically so the matchup makes sense.

Martinsburg May be bringing a 49 game winning streak to Salem. That’s gonna be a fun one.

I'd say that's likely. Sherando will be down a bit next year, so I'd expect Martinsburg to be the heavy favorite in our game, which should be a couple weeks earlier if the series continues into the next cycle. No one in West Virginia will come close to them this year or next.

Theres always a hell of alot OF salem hate.....I WONDER WHY either way will be good to go.....WE'VE NEVER BEEN SCARED MARTINSBURG HERE WE COME......WE HAVE A GREAT A.D AND COACH U MUST'VE FORGOT WE ARE SPARTANS.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT