ADVERTISEMENT

Salem question

rainman17

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 24, 2012
IF the Spartans fall to bruins this weekend it will be 3 in a row during the regular season...how many times has this happened and what has been the results of the season?

My research has shown a few seasons with 4 losses at most so far but no more than 2 consecutive.

Wow throw the negative down lol

Negative maybe but could be indicative of the Spartans not losing this game specifically as of dating back to 2004 the Spartans haven’t lost more than two consecutive games. Will history change or repeat itself?

Reactions: Jags101
IF the Spartans fall to bruins this weekend it will be 3 in a row during the regular season...how many times has this happened and what has been the results of the season?

My research has shown a few seasons with 4 losses at most so far but no more than 2 consecutive.
The last time Salem lost 3 in a row was the start of the 1994 season where they lost their first 3 games. They had also lost the last 2 of the 93 season as well

Reactions: rainman17
According to the website, the last time they had more than 3 losses was 2011, 2010 was a .500 season.

Whether they win or lose this game, they are almost a lock to make the playoffs, and nobody wants to see them there.

It sounds as if some are making it seem as if they have fallen off a cliff, as a neutral observer, and not seeing them play, it appears they lost 2 games to 2 of the top teams within a score, 1 full game without their QB, the other part of game.

Reactions: close2salem
According to the website, the last time they had more than 3 losses was 2011, 2010 was a .500 season.

Whether they win or lose this game, they are almost a lock to make the playoffs, and nobody wants to see them there.

It sounds as if some are making it seem as if they have fallen off a cliff, as a neutral observer, and not seeing them play, it appears they lost 2 games to 2 of the top teams within a score, 1 full game without their QB, the other part of game.
2010 they were 7-4. They went 5-5 in 2002.

I’m looking at it from the standpoint in 25 years they hadn’t loss 3 games in a row. So if this win doesn’t come Friday for them it’s history in the making, they could rattle off and win the remainder who knows but it’s unfamiliar territory for the Spartans to lose 3 in a row. Nobody on this roster was alive when they last lost 3 in a row if that makes my point a little clearer.

I’m looking at it from the standpoint in 25 years they hadn’t loss 3 games in a row. So if this win doesn’t come Friday for them it’s history in the making, they could rattle off and win the remainder who knows but it’s unfamiliar territory for the Spartans to lose 3 in a row. Nobody on this roster was alive when they last lost 3 in a row if that makes my point a little clearer.

I get it. I wasnt just referencing you. Just seems to some the sky is falling

I get it. I wasnt just referencing you. Just seems to some the sky is falling

Agreed many are disappointed and are wondering what exactly is going on, injuries etc but to me they just don’t have that it factor to go on a 4peat this year, the run was great but it could be the close to this dynasty. If they won’t win it this will be the year.

IBefore the season started Isaid they were a 7-3 football team that nobody would want to play in the playoffs. I was criticized. I'm a huge Salem fan but I don't view them with Rose colored glasses. I'm a realist in evaluating talent and teams. If they get healthy and if they can develop a passing game, then come playoff time they will be a tough out.

Reactions: gwb16

Salem lost their first 3 games and were 2-4 at one point in the season. made it to the regional final losing to a 13-1 Amherst team

1994 9/2 Robert E. Lee Staunton 26 42 L
1994 9/9 Blacksburg 14 19 L
1994 9/16 Patrick Henry Roanoke 7 28 L
1994 9/30 Alleghany 42 0 W
1994 10/7 Lord Botetourt 58 0 W
1994 10/14 Pulaski County 18 21 L
1994 10/21 William Byrd 31 7 W
1994 10/28 Rockbridge County 30 15 W
1994 11/4 Cave Spring 13 12 W
1994 11/11 Northside 27 6 W
1994 11/18 Patrick County 28 6 W
1994 11/25 Amherst County 19 55 L

That Amherst team only gave up 13 pts in the first 9 games. WOW

Salem's last losing season was in 83. 4-5-1
The longest losing streak is 9 spanning 81-82 seasons

Hope someone else in 4A can be as good as Salem for a change so I can get overly excited when they drop some regular season games.

Doubt it happens, of course, but one can hope.

Reactions: wikki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT