ADVERTISEMENT

Salem residents...

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
If you're interested in going to a Salem Red Sox game, I read where you can get in free to the game tomorrow Sunday 4/19 @ 4:05 by showing your ID that validates city residency. I'm not sure if the weather will cooperate, could rain all day. It's to celebrate the new 10 year lease agreement signed between the city and the Sox. This year also marks the 20th anniversary of the park built in '95. Also, I believe 7 on 7 starts this coming Tuesday and also the 28th, May 5th, & 12th for those interested. I went last year to a couple and I believe the teams involved were Salem, Northside, Patrick Henry, Cave Spring, Hidden Valley, and Franklin County. In the past William Fleming has also participated. I think they usually run from around 5-6:30 and will be at Salem Stadium. Please correct me if my details are wrong, just thought Roanoke area people interested in seeing football-like action this spring might like to know. If you're not familiar it's basically just passing drills (3 linemen, QB, 3 WR or RB & 2 WR) Generally, 4 teams participate at a time (2 each on either side of the 50 yard line) & they run a set number of plays, then rotate.
This post was edited on 4/18 10:24 AM by mike salem

Since the game was rained out yesterday the free ticket offer has been moved to Sunday May 3rd @ 4:05. (Ironically, I wouldn't have been able to make the game yesterday but now the makeup date falls on my birthday so I should be able to make it)

ADVERTISEMENT