ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs GW Danville

redzone4us

VaPreps Rookie
Dec 3, 2012
Salem's defense leaks like a sieve. I don't believe GW will have any problems getting to their season scoring average. Salem's pass defense gave up 386 yards on 10 pass completions, ouch. I think the question is can Salem's offense keep up. I say probally not. GW 58 - 42

It will be a good game. Don't underestimate Salem's defense. Sure they gave up some long pass plays with some missed assignments, but there were plenty of stops forcing Charlottesville to punt. The triple option offense run by Charlottesville is designed for the run and leaves the big pass plays open. You have you choose your poison when defending it. Salem needs to tighten some things up and will be just fine.

It will be a good game. Don't underestimate Salem's defense. Sure they gave up some long pass plays with some missed assignments, but there were plenty of stops forcing Charlottesville to punt. The triple option offense run by Charlottesville is designed for the run and leaves the big pass plays open. You have you choose your poison when defending it. Salem needs to tighten some things up and will be just fine.
Agree all the way with close2salem it will be a great game but I wouldn't count those tds just yet on the secondary. I know they have been made to look really bad at times getting beat on the same passes over the top but I think adjustments will be made to help that. Coaches have to be seeing that on film. Plus the d is getting to the quarterback much better and the whole defense is swarming to the ball and gang tackling playing Salem football. Mules up front opening holes for the backs much better and protecting Gladden to get the ball away. Like to see the receivers do a better job catching.
Be interesting to see what answer they will have for Ramsey.. If you get in front of him coming around the end you better be ready to to be the windshield or be prepared to be the bug. He is in a zone and is very hard to get down when he gets to rolling and he has shown the ability to run away from the defenders. Kicking game may come into play with Salem having the advantage there IMO if its close. Hoping for a good game with no injuries to either team.. Let's get it on!!!

Salem's defense leaks like a sieve. I don't believe GW will have any problems getting to their season scoring average. Salem's pass defense gave up 386 yards on 10 pass completions, ouch. I think the question is can Salem's offense keep up. I say probally not. GW 58 - 42
Yep, holding Georgia Tech to 69 yards rushing would classify a defense as a sieve. Smh

Reactions: Scagmowers
Yep, holding Georgia Tech to 69 yards rushing would classify a defense as a sieve. Smh
Kind of like sticking your finger in a dam to stop a leak, then you end up with another leak somewhere else. yes, Salem did an outstanding job against the run. stout defense's can defend the run and pass well. but they did get the win to advance, isn't that what counts? I just don't see Salem slowing GW down much. the over/under gotta be around 100 points.;)

Last edited:
Salem will try to establish tempo and playa toon. The receiver Tucker, can play but I think GW has skill and talent on perimeter not to overplay him and allow him to get behind them consistently. I like GW’s balance, depth and momentum. Playing at home with fire in their eyes, they have been consistent since the first Amh game and very healthy. I think a special performance by Salem’s WB will be needed to tilt the scales. Both teams will be fired up and anxious.
Prediction: GW 30 Salem 24

Salem will try to establish tempo and playa toon. The receiver Tucker, can play but I think GW has skill and talent on perimeter not to overplay him and allow him to get behind them consistently. I like GW’s balance, depth and momentum. Playing at home with fire in their eyes, they have been consistent since the first Amh game and very healthy. I think a special performance by Salem’s WB will be needed to tilt the scales. Both teams will be fired up and anxious.
Prediction: GW 30 Salem 24
that will probably be the haft time score.:D

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
What do you think about that sieve now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT