Salem vs. Louisa County

Discussion in 'Class 4A (Fall)' started by Virginia HS Football Fan, Dec 2, 2017.

1. southbottomU

southbottomU VaPreps Honorable Mention
    Expand Collapse

Thought you didn't like dwelling on history. Or is it just Salem history that you don't like? This record crowd thing at Liberty really stirs your coffee doesn't it

2. wikki

wikki VaPreps All State
    Expand Collapse

Some and a few but most left. One of those years that Brookville played before Amherst, the entire side cleared out.
    Not full because I was there for both games, Amherst fans got there early to watch both games and it was not full before we played

3. SalemPride

SalemPride VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

There is no question that Louisa will bring more fans. Much longer trip for Salem fans and later start time makes it a difficult trip to make if you don't stay the night. Also, this may sound bad but Salem fans are used to attending state championship games and a percentage won't go because it's nothing new. Been a while for Louisa so their fans will be fired up to go. I'd expect something around 60% Louisa fans, 30% Salem fans and 10% neutral.

4. OCBoy

OCBoy VaPreps All Region
    Expand Collapse

Excellent post!

DanvilleSportsHead likes this.
  5. RKE Fan

RKE Fan VaPreps Rookie
    Expand Collapse

OneMan, this is spot on and appreciated as genuine game analysis amongst all the other stuff that has gotten drug into this thread. I agree the passing game, which has largely been ignored so far in the discussion, will be huge in this game. I admittedly have not seen Bell live, but from what I have watched in limited clips, he plays with heart, is underrated as a passer, and is an all out load to bring down. Salem has struggled in years past with mobile QB’s and did to a certain extent with Pope Jr back in September. For Salem, Gladden has improved big time and is playing with much more poise and confidence that is so typical year in and year out with QBs in that program. I thought it showed in the GW game as he was near perfect, but especially against Blacksburg during the 4th quarter as he was instrumental in moving them down the field with the throws to Tucker and Close.

Another thing that intrigues me will be 4th quarter play. Both sides have two way starters that will be slugging it out all game in cold conditions. I think it was Hoos that mentioned Ramsey possibly playing defense. I actually don’t think that will happen at all, unless injuries pile up and he’s forced in. For one, Salem’s D line and backers are playing the best they have all year and actually getting solid pressure. Secondly, even with 31 carries against Blacksburg, Ramsey looked fresh in the 4th and his TD run where he hurdled players on the ground, cut on a dime, and out-raced everyone to the end zone showed how nasty he can be against a first rate defense when he only plays one way. Man, it’s going to be something to see him and Smith collide! Should be another close game decided in the last possession or two. I think fans are in for a treat. Best wishes to both squads for an injury-free and great game!

6. wikki

wikki VaPreps All State
    Expand Collapse

Repeated history year after year after year the same thing over and over. Even you said it this year in one of your post, geez. People was talking about attendance and I answered. You are the one that usually starts Salem’s history

OCBoy likes this.
  7. DanvilleSportsHead

DanvilleSportsHead VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

I’m no football expert but I will say that this will be a great football game. I expect one of those 31-27 games. Even though I’m a spread guy, both offenses are exciting. Salem’s offense exciting? Yes, DLo Ramsey is fun to watch. Every time Tucker touches the ball he’s liable to go for 6. Louisa mixes it up, rolls the dice and takes chances. Whoever makes the most mistakes, loses.

47 DanvilleSportsHead, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    one man and RKE Fan like this.
  8. VAHSFootballFan

Expand Collapse

Forced or unforced mistakes?

9. Gunz41

Gunz41 VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

Your boys almost pulled it out tonight didn't they.

I think we are all waiting for the shaved head btw

10. DanvilleSportsHead

Expand Collapse

Yep! My voice is gone from screaming. Does lost voice count the same as lost hair?? :p

Gunz41 likes this.
  11. Gunz41

Gunz41 VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

I'll let it count if you change one thing, this being a spread guy is killing me lol na I'm joking, some teams are built for that. But if you start becoming an HR6 and making a post every week that every team in nation should run a spread I'll have to get you a razor

12. DanvilleSportsHead

Expand Collapse

Either. Salem has a hell of a ball team and Louisa has a hell of a ball team. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s another Salem/Dinwiddie style state championship.

13. Lafayette

Lafayette VaPreps All District
    Expand Collapse

My 2 cents? I think Malik Bell will be the difference. He passes well and runs so often he opens up the other runners and goes in all directions. You stop him 3/4 times and then he rips one off. I also noticed in our game Louisa when they run the ball protects it extremely well. In the second half we tried to rip it away to no avail.