ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Louisa

Who wins

• Louisa

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Salem

Votes: 35 44.9%

• Total voters
I doubt that bc I’m sure once the week ends Salem will lead the poll in votes to win like they are now...

It's going to be a game.Can salem stop Louisa qb, and can Louisa stop Prob the best running back in SW Virginia.

Doesn't matter, Louisa has been voted against in every poll besides the Lafayette game. We will be the good ol' underdogs again!

Reactions: gwb16
Salem will have the most votes in the poll just based off there’s more Salem fans on here than Louisa.
I agree it’s just stupid to play the card Salem against the world bc a few people wanna see LC win first state title.

Reactions: gwb16
Doesn't matter, Louisa has been voted against in every poll besides the Lafayette game. We will be the good ol' underdogs again!
Salem will win this poll because we have the majority of the posters on this board, but make no mistake... Salem will enter this game as the underdog for the 4th straight year. They are 2-1 and have won 2 in a row as the underdog.... Hope that streak continues.

Salem will win this poll because we have the majority of the posters on this board, but make no mistake... Salem will enter this game as the underdog for the 4th straight year. They are 2-1 and have won 2 in a row as the underdog.... Hope that streak continues.
No sir. Salem has the legacy, and is still the reigning champ for a reason. Make no mistake, we're the underdog.

Reactions: homeNabroad
No sir. Salem has the legacy, and is still the reigning champ for a reason. Make no mistake, we're the underdog.[/QUOTE
Not true... the vast majority of the prognosticators that are not biased will be picking Louisa. This poll will make it look like Salem is favored but that's just not the case. If this game had a vegas line my guess would be Louisa -3

Last edited:
Not true... the vast majority of the prognosticators that are biased will be picking Louisa. This poll will make it look like Salem is favored but that's just not the case. If this game had a vegas line my guess would be Louisa -3
I don't see why it would be. Everyone knows Salem turns it up in the playoffs. Louisa will have to play perfectly to win. They didn't today but did last week.

Anon here are some stats for you buddy

Ramsey's numbers to date: 2083 yards on 181 carries (11.5 ypc) and 27 rushing TDs. Remind you he shared carries most of the season with another running back most of the season and also missed the first game of the season. My honest opinion if he was the main back all year he would have 40 touchdowns and prob would have broken records in rushing.

Louisa giving up 57 yards rushing last two games and having a player that can go anywhere he wants, and having Bell, have to be the favorite.

Reactions: Sirduke5
Louisa giving up 57 yards rushing last two games and having a player that can go anywhere he wants, and having Bell, have to be the favorite.
I'd have to agree. On paper Louisa matches up very well against Salems strengths and we have had problems with duel theat QBs at times. Salem will have to play extremely well to keep the trophy in title town.

Anon here are some stats for you buddy

Ramsey's numbers to date: 2083 yards on 181 carries (11.5 ypc) and 27 rushing TDs. Remind you he shared carries most of the season with another running back most of the season and also missed the first game of the season. My honest opinion if he was the main back all year he would have 40 touchdowns and prob would have broken records in rushing.
Trust me, I know. I have seen 6 Salem games this year, Sherando will be 7.

I'd have to agree. On paper Louisa matches up very well against Salems strengths and we have had problems with duel theat QBs at times. Salem will have to play extremely well to keep the trophy in title town.
Now Sherando’s QB is considered a dual threat QB but Salem had no issues. I’m just having issues being convinced of Louisa... I know they do seem quite impressive but what big components do they have on this team compared to the ones they were missing on last year’s team, which if I may remind everyone, barely squeaked out a 22-21 win over Sherando? I’m honestly interested in finding out what gives them such an edge and how they’ve been able to turn their team around so much in one season... Sherando should learn from them hahaha.

Salem does not have enough students to play 5 A Amherst high school is bigger than salem bluetree

I know they do seem quite impressive but what big components do they have on this team compared to the ones they were missing on last year’s team, which if I may remind everyone, barely squeaked out a 22-21 win over Sherando?
People need to learn to not base a current season on the previous season's, or a current team on the previous year's team. Last year's team and Sherando game:

First year full-time 260 lb QB in a fairly new offense.

Completely new offensive line.

Completely new defense.

Didn't play all the best players both ways, only a couple.

Incoming transfers.

First game of the season, both teams beat themselves, but Louisa did it more. Louisa also fumbled the ball away on a long, potential TD run.

Injuries hampered a potential title run just when the team was gelling.

This year's team:

QB has dropped 30+ lbs, is more mobile and faster, better at passing and reading defenses.

Team has hit the weights HARD.

Veteran, experienced offensive line.

Senior leadership.

All the best players play both ways.

Only a couple of injuries.

More diverse offense, run/pass option, 7 weapons including a sophomore who can go off at any time.

Coach Fischer's final season.

Brandon Smith is a grown man and potential draft pick.

Just watch the number of highlight videos on Scrimmage Play or Ron Counts YouTube channels.

I would think the following makes Louisa the favorite.
1. Louisa beat Dinwiddie with Pope at Dinwiddie by 11. Salem lost to Dinwiddie at home without Pope.
2. Salem has been beaten twice. Dinwiddie is undefeated.
3. Salem has no one being recruited anywhere near the level of Smith.
4. Louisa will overall be bigger
5 .Louisas run defense hits Salem at their strength

Based on these things, Salem will have to play their best game of the year to be competitive

Lafayette how did you like The Jungle, The atmosphere the parking in an out.
Everything was great, the atmosphere- sky divers, fireworks, green smoke! They even let me park right in front of entrance when they saw my Lafayette logo on my sweatshirt when I put my window down. Fell 7 points short though and second year in a row fall in semis. Two years finals are at home in William & Mary and we miss both by one game. Disheartening!! Especially since HC and one asst are W&M graduates.

Everything was great, the atmosphere- sky divers, fireworks, green smoke! They even let me park right in front of entrance when they saw my Lafayette logo on my sweatshirt when I put my window down. Fell 7 points short though and second year in a row fall in semis. Two years finals are at home in William & Mary and we miss both by one game. Disheartening!! Especially since HC and one asst are W&M graduates.
The green smoke was one of those brand new things I talked about. It was a surprise and a cool touch.

Reactions: Louisadad
From what I am seeing, some Salem posters are trying to make themselves the underdogs. In my opinion they haven't been the underdog the past 2 seasons, as while I dont know a whole lot about 4a, I picked them the past 2 seasons. They are defending champions and have really turned things up lately as I figured they would, eh (@1MoreHokie :)). For reasons such as Fischer and family in Louisa I want Louisa to win, but even Louisa being undefeated, they are the underdog

Reactions: wikki
The truth is we know that Louisa has D1 kids on the team. We also know what good football teams are by having the opportunity, to play far in the playoffs most seasons. Salem fans are not trying to be the underdog we are being realistic.

ADVERTISEMENT