ADVERTISEMENT

Salem's progress

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Will know more after Pulaski. Hidden Valley God awful
No talent anywhere. I will say Salem d back better start finding the ball on deep passes. Miss Owen on defense and punt returns

Will know more after Pulaski. Hidden Valley God awful
No talent anywhere. I will say Salem d back better start finding the ball on deep passes. Miss Owen on defense and punt returns
Loss of Owen will hurt a lot on the defensive side of the ball but some of the other guys have shown some flashes but that is a really hard player to replace. The LB play is the best it has been with Sumpter and Sutphin in the lineup but the opponents have not been good the last few weeks so is hard to make a full judgement at this point. I think the biggest change the staff has made on the defensive side of the ball is having #38 on the DL. He had some trouble jumping offsides last night but he providing some penetration and disruption that the defense has been missing badly this year. The safety play has been very good lately but they haven't really played against many athletes that can challenge them. I really think that they need to find a way to get Ferris on the field more on defense and there are a few different places than can play him.

I don't have a lot of confidence in the passing game right now but the OL play has improved by a good margin. Some of that is competition but when it comes to the their steps and angles they are a lot better technically now than they were earlier in the season and that part will translate well into later games. I was really impressed with a few blocks from Sumpter at TE last night and Close is generally a solid blocker himself.

Yea, very hard to tell from the competition but you can see some things have improved regardless. Passing game is lamentable, unfortunately. We'll likely go as far as Ramsey can take us, which I think is probably round 3.

Reactions: panther308
Yea, very hard to tell from the competition but you can see some things have improved regardless. Passing game is lamentable, unfortunately. We'll likely go as far as Ramsey can take us, which I think is probably round 3.

Agreed, but also think you can have a whale of a game and win the regional Final. I think your region is stronger than region C. So if that happens then another title appearance might be in the cards. Then you might play another perfect game just like you did in last years main event. Just have to hope that you can go to the next level again come playoff time. Good news is the Salem program is known for that. I have been keeping and eye on you guys and I think Salem is floating under the radar a little bit and might be ready to step on the gas. You guys would know better then those of us outside the program. Do any of you feel a run coming?

The thing is I think you guys are lined up with William Byrd for the 4-5 game. That is a tough matchup for round one as they appear to be surging.

The loss of Owen hurts big time... Is he gone for the season? He was a swiss army knife that is hard to replace.

I do think you will have a good showing against Pulaski. I think you win by a couple of scores.

Can someone update the region D scenario's for 1-8 going into the final week?

Reactions: RKE Fan
Agreed, but also think you can have a whale of a game and win the regional Final. I think your region is stronger than region C. So if that happens then another title appearance might be in the cards. Then you might play another perfect game just like you did in last years main event. Just have to hope that you can go to the next level again come playoff time. Good news is the Salem program is known for that. I have been keeping and eye on you guys and I think Salem is floating under the radar a little bit and might be ready to step on the gas. You guys would know better then those of us outside the program. Do any of you feel a run coming?

The thing is I think you guys are lined up with William Byrd for the 4-5 game. That is a tough matchup for round one as they appear to be surging.

The loss of Owen hurts big time... Is he gone for the season? He was a swiss army knife that is hard to replace.

I do think you will have a good showing against Pulaski. I think you win by a couple of scores.

Can someone update the region D scenario's for 1-8 going into the final week?
Yeah unfortunately Owen tore his MCL, so he is done playing football for the year.

I think Pulaski will be the test as well to see how the they have responded. If you remember last year they lost Ramsey and Salem rallied around that and made a run. Hopefully they can do the same with the loss of Owen and pull it together. They have the potential I believe but will they is the question. Still got to quit giving those long passes over the top in the secondary and letting big plays change momentum. I also think the kicking game could be a factor as well.. Craft can put points in the board given the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT