ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule changes ...

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
.... any other schools out there have any new and interesting schedule changes for the upcoming football season? HSHS has a few interesting ones to start out the season!

I think the Springers will be seriously good this year. Unfortunate draw to be the #1 seed in the state and be in a system that "rewards" you for that with L.C. Bird in the second round. Springers could have easily been state champs last year with a bounce or two going differently. I look for them to handle Hermitage in the opener by something like 26-20. and then maybe 34-17 over Norview.

Does anyone on Highland Springs schedule have a chance of beating the Springers?

I'm sure the Springers will be very good. We've got a GOOD core coming back from the 11-1 team last year with good replacements of the 2015 graduates. HS's JV team was unbeaten and one of the biggest lines around.
The lines will be very big and strong. Strong QB. Strong WRs and strong RBs will be plentiful. I think the Defense will be strong too. This fall should start a banner year for the Springers. If Highland Springs and Bird should face off again come playoff time,,,,, Bring it!!!! We'd love to take 'em on again!!

I'll take Bird again over HS. Bird is too experienced and HS can never get over the hump. BTW we (Lake Taylor) tried and tried to play this potent HS team they settled however for playing Norview. Good luck this season.

Reactions: springer76
Potomac District teams are playing "Northern Region" 6A teams in non-district games next year. Some of the highlights are Briar Woods against Westfield, Chantilly, and South County, Tuscarora against Centreville and Oakton, Broad Run against Centreville, Oakton, and Robinson, Stone Bridge against Westfield, Chantilly, and Robinson.

Sure never is a bit much, but using the past history of HS and the offseason chatter of how great they are and what they all have just to fall short in the playoffs has become commonplace up here. Again smart money is on Bird until someone can knock them off.

Sure never is a bit much, but using the past history of HS and the offseason chatter of how great they are and what they all have just to fall short in the playoffs has become commonplace up here. Again smart money is on Bird until someone can knock them off.
"All the chatter" is just me just trying to get SOMEBODY/ANYBODY talking about somebody or anybody at all on this board anymore. Highland Springs was very good last year and led Bird the entire game until the very end. Bird was lucky they escaped Kreiter Stadium with a W last year. Ending HS's year with an 11-1 record (not shabby at all). It was a great year for HS in many peoples eyes, including mine. So,... I'll keep chattering and boasting HS because they will be good again and so will Bird. Predicting the future, I'm not going to do.... for I am not a fortune teller. Who knows maybe Manchester or somebody else eliminates Bird first :eek:

"All the chatter" is just me just trying to get SOMEBODY/ANYBODY talking about somebody or anybody at all on this board anymore. Highland Springs was very good last year and led Bird the entire game until the very end. Bird was lucky they escaped Kreiter Stadium with a W last year. Ending HS's year with an 11-1 record (not shabby at all). It was a great year for HS in many peoples eyes, including mine. So,... I'll keep chattering and boasting HS because they will be good again and so will Bird. Predicting the future, I'm not going to do.... for I am not a fortune teller. Who knows maybe Manchester or somebody else eliminates Bird first :eek:
Naw I guess nowadays it's just you. I'm saying every year and this goes back YEARS we used to hear about how great HS would be and they would fall short. They like the Buffalo Bills of the CR all the athletes and potential and a bunch of quality 11-1 or 10-2 seasons.

Naw I guess nowadays it's just you. I'm saying every year and this goes back YEARS we used to hear about how great HS would be and they would fall short. They like the Buffalo Bills of the CR all the athletes and potential and a bunch of quality 11-1 or 10-2 seasons.
"I'm saying every year and this goes back YEARS we used to hear about how great HS would be and they would fall short." This is true! It goes back even longer than recently... I'll take it back to when I was in high school 72-76, those 4 years, 2 unbeaten regular seasons, 2 1-loss season. 3 Regional Championships.... 0 state titles.
1977: 10-0 Regular season HS loses to Petersburg in Regional title... Petersburg wins State Title.
1978: 13-0 ranked #3 in the country playing 13-0 #1 Nationally ranked Annandale in State Title game. HS takes a 13-0 half time lead only to lose 14-13 to the eventual State and National Champ Annnadale. HS goes to the State title again in the late 80's and lost 17-14.

A long history of great football teams only to fall just short so many times! Only 1 State title in 1961. Highland Springs continues to pump good athletes through the system over there just to fall short. We die hard Springers must and always will have hope knowing that the next year could be the one!!! This year is no different... Lots of potential, athletes and tradition keeps us coming back!!
1961 was a year in Va high school sports that no other team has done except HSHS...
State Football Champ, State Basketball Champ, State Baseball Champ and State Track Champ.

Wow! HS had some stud athletes in 1961. You usually only find a year like that on the Disney Channel.

I think the Springers will be seriously good this year. Unfortunate draw to be the #1 seed in the state and be in a system that "rewards" you for that with L.C. Bird in the second round. Springers could have easily been state champs last year with a bounce or two going differently. I look for them to handle Hermitage in the opener by something like 26-20. and then maybe 34-17 over Norview.
Just a suggestion schedule Varina early maybe the first or second game of the season so later on when the playoff start you won't have many injuries and think you won a state title.After playing Varina the last game of the season its hard to get refocus on Bird and Hermitage going into the playoffs.

Wow! HS had some stud athletes in 1961. You usually only find a year like that on the Disney Channel.
I don't know about The Disney Channel, I never watch it, but I know those banners hang in HSHS's gym! ( except the track title). I guess that's why they say Highland Springs is the only Virginia team to do that! If I am wrong, who else?

Just a suggestion schedule Varina early maybe the first or second game of the season so later on when the playoff start you won't have many injuries and think you won a state title.After playing Varina the last game of the season its hard to get refocus on Bird and Hermitage going into the playoffs.
That's a great point! If I was a coach or had anything to do with that, I'd consider it!! Some of the regular games this coming year have been rearranged except that one. There are rivalry games everywhere in week 10 though. Bird plays Manchester.... remember Manchester won that one last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT