ADVERTISEMENT

Schedules

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
When will vhsl post schedules for this spring football?

Some teams already have. I see you guys open against Altavista. With the other 5 being William Campbell, Dan River, Gretna, Chatham and Nelson.

Entire Mountain 7 District as well as most everyone else in SWVA has already released theirs.

Looking for the Appomattox schedule if anyone has it yet.

Saturday, Feb 27, 2021
Game​
11:00AM​
Away vs. Altavista​
Friday, Mar 5, 2021
Game​
6:00PM​
Gretna​
Friday, Mar 12, 2021
Game​
Away vs. Dan River​
Friday, Mar 19, 2021
Game​
Chatham​
Friday, Mar 26, 2021
Game​
Away vs. William Campbell​
Friday, Apr 2, 2021
Game​
Nelson County​

C298-DDFF-7178-479-E-A889-DC282-D4-E3928.jpg

what kind of offense does tazwell run, i heard that this will be one of the best teams they have had, should be a great game vs rhs, and hope there will be more than 250 fans allowed at the game. GO BIG RED

what kind of offense does tazwell run, i heard that this will be one of the best teams they have had, should be a great game vs rhs, and hope there will be more than 250 fans allowed at the game. GO BIG RED
They have some good athletes. Tazewell has been hit by the injury bug for the past couple seasons, particularly knee injuries to key players. They seem to be healthy, so I guess we will see if they live up to the expectations. Key players are Chance Harris, Josiah Jordan, Gavin Nunley, Mikey Jones and Jayden Taylor. All of those guys can make plays. The line has pretty good size and experience. The linebacking corp is fairly young and un-tested. Should be interesting for them this year. Riverheads, Graham and Richlands loom large on their schedule. If they can win 1 of those and finish 4-2, I thnk they make the playoffs and could be a very dangerous team come playoff time. Injuries have really hit this team hard the past couple of years, I'm sure they are anxious to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bama1985
It seems like this thing has changed a couple of times, but here is the most updated one I had for the Radford Bobcats.

Monday, Feb. 22 – Giles – Home- 7 pm

Fri., March 5 – at James River- 7 pm

Fri., March 12 – at Alleghany- 7 pm

Fri., March 19- Glenvar-Home- 7 pm

Fri., March 26 – Floyd Co- Home- 7 pm

Fri., Apr. 2 – at Carroll Co. – 7 pm

Reactions: 19GHS87
It seems like this thing has changed a couple of times, but here is the most updated one I had for the Radford Bobcats.

Monday, Feb. 22 – Giles – Home- 7 pm

Fri., March 5 – at James River- 7 pm

Fri., March 12 – at Alleghany- 7 pm

Fri., March 19- Glenvar-Home- 7 pm

Fri., March 26 – Floyd Co- Home- 7 pm

Fri., Apr. 2 – at Carroll Co. – 7 pm
Is Radford on NFHS?

That stinks. Do you know if they will be streaming their games or anything?

As of 2 weeks ago, I was told no by an assistant. I didn't really get into why or why not, but was told that it just wasn't given much of any thought, and we have one booster who is a parent and facebook live poster, so this could have possibly been the reason. I will try and get the link and post it here and on swvasports. But, the NFHS is getting popular and maybe our school will pick it up.

Coach Dixon, while at Galax, was all over this years ago and Galax football has been at it for a while on NFHS if I'm not mistaken. For any team who is not participating in NFHS, Facebook Live is the way to go, or hope the team you are playing participates in NFHS. A team with only 3 home games out of 6 that has NFHS may get lucky in that the teams they are playing on the road may participate making the game watchable, so even with only 3 home games, if your opponent you are playing on the road has it, you may go 5 or even 6 out of 6 in watchable games. Now that I have seen this brought up more and more about NFHS, I think I will take this to the Boosters and see what we can do. Costs, logistics, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19GHS87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT