ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage schedule for the next 2 weeks

On Saturday August 11th Pulaski will host the TD classic with Magna Vista and defending WVa state champion Bluefield
And Friday August 17th will have a benefit game with Radford in Radford
And open the season August 23rd at Northside.

Thursday 8/9 @ 6, Salem Stadium hosting scrimmage with Brookville.

Friday 8/17 @ 7, Salem Stadium benefit game with Magna Vista.

8/9 at Brentsville, 8/17 at Amherst. 8/24 at Courtland. This team lost 18 starters. The Lions will need to grow up fast.

I have no dog in the fight but a lot is said on this board and a lot of things are swept under the rug for some. I personally come here for football but if the guy wants to get to the bottom of it, I don’t fault him. Especially since his character was involved. All a man has is his character.

If we want to have a board to talk about football then that's what we need to stick with. People are being driven away by the other talk. FOOTBALL guys, scrimmages are this week. It's time to get to hit other guys. Salem has lost 2 for the year due to injury. (Torn knees) 2 others with probable concussions and others just banged up from practice.

I want to see how Salem’s secondary stacks up against both Brookville and MV’s playmakers. A lot of talk that the boys from Ridgeway are back, we’ll see. MV’s offensive success is catered around having a mobile QB, intermediate passes and very good running backs. Salem will be a great measuring stick. MV’s line is very very good. Lost the best D-line Coach in the state but they will still be stout.

Reactions: lyhsports
If we want to have a board to talk about football then that's what we need to stick with. People are being driven away by the other talk. FOOTBALL guys, scrimmages are this week. It's time to get to hit other guys. Salem has lost 2 for the year due to injury. (Torn knees) 2 others with probable concussions and others just banged up from practice.
I agree with the football aspect but silence gives consent. Think hard and deep about that one. Last unrelated post I make.

KG jamboree at Colgan with Riverbend there as well on Friday
Aug 16 (Thur) host New Kent

We are. My posts are specified to an intended audience.[/QUOTE
I want to see how Salem’s secondary stacks up against both Brookville and MV’s playmakers. A lot of talk that the boys from Ridgeway are back, we’ll see. MV’s offensive success is catered around having a mobile QB, intermediate passes and very good running backs. Salem will be a great measuring stick. MV’s line is very very good. Lost the best D-line Coach in the state but they will still be stout.
As Josey Wales movie said....... ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE!!!!!

Friday, 10 Aug '18 - Lafayette vs. Henrico
Thursday, 16 Aug '18 - Lafayette vs. Chancellor

Many thanks for straightening my days out, totals thought the 9th was Wed?? made to the scrimmage and will be at next weeks. Cougars played extremely well, they were very physical and won the overall scrimmage, offensive unit will be outstanding this season if they can stay healthy. Believe it or not scored two TD 's passing!! Watch out for the pass happy Cougars

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
@courtlandcougars1987 it'll be a great test for Louisa then. A Cougar offense that can pass is a scary offense! There are some short clips of the scrimmage posted on Twitter, but it's by a MV fan and just shows MV on offense. How did Courtland's defense do overall?

Go to maxpreps Courtland and watch about 20 clips of various players. Remember the name Thor Hanlon, thats right Thor. 6'4 225 Jr wrecking machine. Cougar backfield will be very explosive, Zin , Kamron and DJ have all added size and speed. Kamron was at several nike camps and is a fast bruising runner at 6'0 230. DJ adds another level of speed and physicality. JC had offense in several other offensive sets besides the wing t. I formation, and ran several run pass options for the QB. both passing TD's the other night were over 40 yards and both guys were wide open as MT. View was keying on the runs. Auddie Burrow Jr. reciever and safety is the Cougar wild card, great hands and speedy very speedy. He should be all district and state if he stays healthy, true impact and game changer. I am not trying to talk them up to much, but this is a great team if they put it all together. Louisa game should be a snot slinger!

Very well could be, Cougar defense is good, but would actually rate them behind the offense right now. Big young D line needs to play to thier potential, LB's are very good, DB's are skilled but untested, although they did have two pic's the other night and defense forced two other fumbles for turnovers.

Yes,
Adrian Wilson #56 5'11 270 played as a Sophomore last year, starting DT this year, might play some offense as well, but primarily defense unless used for short yardage jumbo package.if not for his height, he has D-1 type talent, high motor, excellent football IQ, coaches love him.

Yes,
Adrian Wilson #56 5'11 270 played as a Sophomore last year, starting DT this year, might play some offense as well, but primarily defense unless used for short yardage jumbo package.if not for his height, he has D-1 type talent, high motor, excellent football IQ, coaches love him.
A birdie told me Ponax took him.

Neil-deGrasse-Facepalm-via-screencap-800x430.png

Were you playing golf and made a birdie, he was great the other night agianst MT.View unless that was his twin. We also have him listed on the roster, very much a Cougar!

You also might be thinking about the O-lineman from Riverbend who transfered to Ponax, Mcdonald was his last name I think. Big D-1 talented lineman like 6'4 290 lbs.

To clarify, that kid's name is Adrian Williams. Hint hint, the players across the county border, where he's from, love to call him by his nickname Night Train now. Pretty sure you saw a different #56 against MV, or maybe it was his twin, and the Hudl/Max Preps roster isn't fully updated.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT